Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Keen to hear some others thoughts on Zak Johnson? I absolutely love what he brings talent wise but seems a bit lackadaisical at times. Feel like I never really see him in anyone's discussions or rankings though despite producing some pretty awesome performances through the year.

Personally would have him around the 25-30 range but think he could be one that in the right system and club jumps up the ranks a few years down the track.

Keen to hear some others thoughts on Zak Johnson? I absolutely love what he brings talent wise but seems a bit lackadaisical at times. Feel like I never really see him in anyone's discussions or rankings though despite producing some pretty awesome performances through the year.

Personally would have him around the 25-30 range but think he could be one that in the right system and club jumps up the ranks a few years down the track.
I rate him similar to you but I think he’ll go later. Would love to have our R3 that we traded out last year. Ough, Johnson and Barrat are the three kids that don’t seem to regularly be spoken about in the top 30 that I think will be very good footballers.

Late birthday too 24/12/2006

Any other year he would be a top 30 player but he will go later in this years draft. His impact on games tailed off a bit nearing the end of the year, but he was definitely a quiet achiever and will be a solid get for a club late in the draft.

Really like his talent. I agree that he lacks intensity in his demeanor out on the field, but he still seems to attack contests when its his time to go. I liked the move to half back, he can run and is strong overhead for his size, has the creativity and kicking skills to be a playmaker back there.

Been one of my favourites all year
I have spoken about him a lot December birthday
He is part of the reason this is a awesome draft this kid will go in the 50's
and he will be a great pick

The Kako talk sounds a lot like clubs trying to scare the bombers into trading 9 pre draft to the clubs above them in the order but if you take a step back and look at it objectively it's pretty unlikely he gets a bid pre pick 9.

Saints don't have a pressing need for Kako and the Dees are screaming out for mids/key forward with the players they have lost over the past 24 months and could potentially lose in the next 12.

Kako had a great year but also didn't play any of the finals series with an injury and also hasn't done any of the combine testing. History shows that kind of background generally has players slide a little.

Generally clubs don't bid for the sake of bidding unless they genuinely want that player at that pick, list managers and recruiters know that acting in poor faith comes back to bite you further down the line. IMO it's good business by Dees and Saints to threaten the bid and see if Essendon blink (new list manager without any history with his cohort) but the truth is Essendon won't make any trade for pick 9 until draft night and they will have multiple contingencies in place in the event Dees or Saints are serious.

Will be a very interesting first round.

The Kako talk sounds a lot like clubs trying to scare the bombers into trading 9 pre draft to the clubs above them in the order but if you take a step back and look at it objectively it's pretty unlikely he gets a bid pre pick 9.

Saints don't have a pressing need for Kako and the Dees are screaming out for mids/key forward with the players they have lost over the past 24 months and could potentially lose in the next 12.

Kako had a great year but also didn't play any of the finals series with an injury and also hasn't done any of the combine testing. History shows that kind of background generally has players slide a little.

Generally clubs don't bid for the sake of bidding unless they genuinely want that player at that pick, list managers and recruiters know that acting in poor faith comes back to bite you further down the line. IMO it's good business by Dees and Saints to threaten the bid and see if Essendon blink (new list manager without any history with his cohort) but the truth is Essendon won't make any trade for pick 9 until draft night and they will have multiple contingencies in place in the event Dees or Saints are serious.

If he is as good as Watson the Tigs may bid on him at 6.
We have a strong history of bidding on academy players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea disagree, I rate Kako similar to the Wizard
He would be amazing for the Dee's at pick 5
St kilda after using pick 7 on a mid would be mad not to bid on Kako at pick 8
if he is still around

Spoken like a man who is absolutely shitting his dacks that their gonna “lose” pick #9 from an early bid 😂

Spoken like a man who is absolutely shitting his dacks that their gonna “lose” pick #9 from an early bid 😂
Not at all, we can’t lose in this situation. We are getting a top 15 talent for free and we will either trade out and get an additional first rounder next year or get to use our pick this year. It’s a great spot to be in, Kako is a blessing.

Not at all, we can’t lose in this situation. We are getting a top 15 talent for free and we will either trade out and get an additional first rounder next year or get to use our pick this year. It’s a great spot to be in, Kako is a blessing.
Just messing with ya mate. You win in all 3 scenarios that are at play. Good spot to be in 👍

Is every Queensland U/18 kid linked to Brisbane & GC academy’s? If not I would draft a Queensland kid with last pick in the draft and hope they develop into a best 22 player. Then trade them back to GC for a 1st rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back