Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 16: St Kilda Saints v Port Adelaide Power, Marvel Stadium, Sunday June 30th 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Arie stay in.

Obviously won't have a clear image of what the team looks like until tomorrow. From the extended bench - Jones has to go. Wilson definitely stays in, Dow and Webster both play if fit. Byrnes hasn't done anything at Sandy to warrant selection. Caminiti trained with the defenders all week, so you'd assume one of Campbell or Sharman play forward. Seb stays in as sub?

Obviously won't have a clear image of what the team looks like until tomorrow. From the extended bench - Jones has to go. Wilson definitely stays in, Dow and Webster both play if fit. Byrnes hasn't done anything at Sandy to warrant selection. Caminiti trained with the defenders all week, so you'd assume one of Campbell or Sharman play forward. Seb stays in as sub?
Yeah, was thinking Byrnes must have had a very impressive Bye round.

Byrnes was quiet for his first couple of games for Sandy, his last two have been good.

Have another look at the last quarter? against brissie, Jones actually aided in the surge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I hope not.

I want him back playing as a ball winner again. I don't want him tagging every week.
Windy is versatile, I'd have him in a back- pocket this game, where he played abit, last season.

There, he might even end up on Buttface, resting forward.

Not that forward craft is really resting ?

Do not trust these Port Melbourne fans, sorry, Port Adelaide, fans bearing gifts of faux-humility!
They are bent over backwards now. Picture a lifeboat on the side of a sinking ship, stuck in an awkward position, due to a frozen davit and it’s stern is several metres higher than its fore, and it looks as precariously balanced. Its inhabitants who try to pretend to be straight upright with false frankness, as they shout nonsense to us already in the boats clearing the impending disaster, are feinting a kind of friendliness that won’t last a minute on dry land. Row away! (If Ken Hinkley resigns next week, would we accept him as an assistant? - that is the question)

I think we'll back Row to solo ruck against Sweet, but not sure how team structure works if that's the case especially if Caminiti is playing back

In: Nas, Webster, Sharman
Out: Jones, Campbell, Cordy
Sub: Ross

With this setup we'll have 8 defenders (Battle, Wilkie, Caminiti, Arie, Bonner, NWM, Sinc, Web) and short of one key forward. Maybe Wood forward, Nas/Bonner wing, Owens 2nd ruck? Seems a bit outlandish but I just don't see the point in playing two rucks against Sweet given we need forward pressure against Farrell and Houston

Ahh, Hinkley, an ex Saints assistant coach back in the short lived Blight era.
Clarko, Hinkley and Kingsley the trio of Saints assistants who've had success as current head coaches at other clubs.

Our history might have looked pretty different if we'd given them the big chair instead of their bosses Watson Blighty and Richo.

I reckon we will go 4-5 on the run home. Still got Eagles and Tigers on the run home so should bank some wins.

That would give us 9 on total and ensures we don't finish above 14th I reckon.

Top 5 pick incoming. Interest factor is pretty damn low for rest of the year, just keep playing kids, do our best to work on some attacking footy. Hopefully Sandy makes a run at it.

I reckon we will go 4-5 on the run home. Still got Eagles and Tigers on the run home so should bank some wins.

That would give us 9 on total and ensures we don't finish above 14th I reckon.

Top 5 pick incoming. Interest factor is pretty damn low for rest of the year, just keep playing kids, do our best to work on some attacking footy. Hopefully Sandy makes a run at it.

I am hoping that they give Keeler a game or two in the seniors.

Maybe even Moose to see what he is like at AFL level.

The AFL website has us with Adelaide's pick

I was refering to draftfguru and zero hanger, the afl article on it didnt pop up on immediate google search for me. Both those sites have us with GWS's pick for some reason. They may not have been updated for live pick trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back