Game Day 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda Saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
1720274916798.png

I-t's sports night at the dome of many names that settled on a house with a mouse, with nary about, for it won't be grouse, in all likelihood anyway.

Yes, I did just copy paste the title header as why not, I wrote it before and it was a score, so why not more I say anyway. It'll probably end up as more of score than actual as it is, so I'll take the win having noticed the little s and rectified it like a boss!

The people who look up and go "oh, interesting, let me note this down" also known as a bureau indicate that roof or no roof, it'll be partially sunny with early frost and maybe a 20km wind so it'll just feel mote chilly than it is when it potentially reaches 15 degrees, so bring your warmer clothes.

In answer to the preview...

Crystal ball preview indicated it was cloudy still, I stated: no shit it's winter, tell me something I don't know, then pondered why I even used the crystal ball to begin with. I guess to make the original comment, and this one.

As indicated immediately upon creation of that thread, I shall steal that line as always intended for this anyway;

This one, is going to hurt.
1720275749274.png

Meep meep
Stock Market Fml GIF by SuperRareBears

Forward line looks pretty uninspiring you'd have to say. Long bombs in today will kill us being a bit undersized. Gonna need huge games from Snags and Butler, looking forward to it. Interesting too to watch the Pou in his return game, and Arie might get the ball in his hands a bit more with Howard back and Bonner out. Windy to Warner? Wang GOTY contender? Sharman to kick five? Heeney to go goalless? The Frilly Neck doing his finest Tom Wanks and screaming out "Wilson!!!"? Garcia suspiciously looking on from the outer?

clint-eastwood-stare-down.gif

Forward line looks pretty uninspiring you'd have to say. Long bombs in today will kill us being a bit undersized. Gonna need huge games from Snags and Butler, looking forward to it. Interesting too to watch the Pou in his return game, and Arie might get the ball in his hands a bit more with Howard back and Bonner out. Windy to Warner? Wang GOTY contender? Sharman to kick five? Heeney to go goalless? The Frilly Neck doing his finest Tom Wanks and screaming out "Wilson!!!"? Garcia suspiciously looking on from the outer?

View attachment 2041063
Well if Pou, Owens and Sharman look uninspiring we need a full rebuild so I hope you are wrong.

Well if Pou, Owens and Sharman look uninspiring we need a full rebuild so I hope you are wrong.

Phillipou is 19 and Sharman and Owens are inexperienced. If they are already at their peak we should delist them now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are people saying without Max we only kick a low score because Max has been so prolific?

He's our usual forward we target in that F50 and it's a known thing that we royally suck at entering out I50. As such, when you remove the core focus and you royally suck at something, chances are high you'll suck that much more when you remove the one thing that was serviceable.

Though I do suppose this allows Higgins to play that dual role of KPF that leads everywhere, roves his own ball, and snaps at goal for people to be shitty with him being our active forward.

He's our usual forward we target in that F50 and it's a known thing that we royally suck at entering out I50. As such, when you remove the core focus and you royally suck at something, chances are high you'll suck that much more when you remove the one thing that was serviceable.

XasyVCm.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing if our forward line chemistry changes with Max out.

Me too. Though with a lack of any true talls, apart from when Marshall goes forward, it is a vastly different structure than we have been running.

I am also very much looking forward to seeing how Pou goes as a mid after a steady run at it at Sandy where he steadily improved. Massive test though against an on fire Sydney midfield group including Grundie as their ruck.

Me too. Though with a lack of any true talls, apart from when Marshall goes forward, it is a vastly different structure than we have been running.

I am also very much looking forward to seeing how Pou goes as a mid after a steady run at it at Sandy where he steadily improved. Massive test though against an on fire Sydney midfield group including Grundie as their ruck.
yeah the different structure and mix of players will be a fascinating watch for mine, has Max been too much of a central focus for players to default to when looking to enter F50?, and I'm also wondering if the players become more energised without him being that central figure and create a different connection/synergy. It's hard not to think he's somehow effected the players around him this season.

Really hoping Pou turns a corner for the remaining games and starting today, our club desperately needs him to be a player.

Though I do suppose this allows Higgins to play that dual role of KPF that leads everywhere, roves his own ball, and snaps at goal for people to be shitty with him being our active forward.
I think the opposite. Without the blanket Max strategy we become less predictable to plan against.
We’ll be looking at different options on entry. I think it makes us actually a dangerous proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back