Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I said before the game, how proud I was of Pou. His work rate and attitude.
However, to come out and play a game like that against the Swans, against their midfield. Beyond proud of him and what he'll be able to do going forward.

He could have very well finnished with 3 goals to go with his 26 touches, 5 tackles and 5 clearances. He is still a baby and has so much to work on. However,

If this is his baseline going forward. Get used to more marks, more long goals, more amazing clearances. So happy for him.
And yes we all saw you hanging over the fence trying to kiss him ,

Wilkie and Howard stood tall today, fantastic game from both of them. Wilkie down the line particularly good.

Pou holy ****. He really did just need to get some form in the VFL, what a blinder! Surely plays the rest of the season.

Sinclair has some moments - that groundball intercept and kick to almost set up a Marshall goal was enormous.

Liam Henry, what a cracker. 20 touches, 10 contested, 5 score involvements, 3 clearances and a goal. High impact player when we are on. I think he's one of those guys who won't set the world on fire when we're struggling, but when we crack in he will be key.

Steele and Roma both great as they are at their best.

Loved Byrnes work rate. Was one of the only guys who really cracked in and didn't drop his head when the game looked done.

I thought Arie was good too, when you consider that was his third game he did a lot right.

**** me winning these games feels good. I don't think we're as far off as it has sometimes felt this year.

Trade max king lmao

Just kiddingā€¦ really hope Windy is back in action soon. Pou is the man. Defence stood tall, Henry electric.

Great win, if we were gonna win one the rest of this season, thatā€™s the best one to win.

Still want two top 6 picks tho, gotta keep adding to our young midfield core, Phillipou just showed us why.

It would probably make me swell
You and Adds should watch the replay together, you can spilt the cost of a bottle of lube and tissues, we all love the Pou , just not as much as you too šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Dougal an extension now.
Has easily been his best year for the Saints.
How about Battle the swing man. God I hope we can keep him. Getting better every game.
Young Wilson on the improve, Pou, Clark went ok, Henry in everything.
Got some kids

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Philippou and Henry elite. Byrnes was very handy, at worst case he is handy depth in an area the saints are struggling with.
Byrnes was good today played solidly to shore up Guldens run and used the ball very well.

I was overjoyed at Phillipouā€™s rebound game for his own sake. No doubt we will still see some inconsistency as he continues to develop. But he was very good playing against the very best. A really good way to build on the work he has done in the VFL in recent weeks.

Also loved the fact Arie was given the responsibility of kick outs when the heat was on in the last.

That bounce of the ball on Marshallā€™s shot at goal in the last was such a St Kilda thing.

A great win. Finally won a close one. Happy for the youngsters.

If you can't enjoy a win like that it's probably time to give it up
I can enjoy it.

I'm just not crowing about how burying our head in the sand for 10 weeks was all part of the plan and the list is full of A graders all of a sudden.

WOO HOO! šŸ˜‡šŸ”“āšŖļøāš«ļø

1DedNKt.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back