Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Today proved a lot of Saints fans wrong.

Dougal is still an important part of our team, I don't care what anyone says. We will either keep him or we won't let him go for cheap.

There is minimal doubt on Phillipou's potential, sky is the limit with his talent and his work ethic. No way we will consider trading him, and I don't think that's the performance of a homesick kid...

Henry has been a gun trade-in and people saying "oh he's been average" or comparing him to Billings and Gresham have eggs on their faces.

I hate to be negative toward one of the boys, but we also showed today that Battle is 100% worth letting go for band 1. We won without him having a massive influence, supporting the argument that he is not a game-changer for our next premiership tilt. To get a gun kid for him would be a great result.

There’s a bit of a blessing with Windhagers injury I think. We look a bit negative as a midfield group when both he and Steele are on the footy.
The moment he went off, we started to look more dynamic and the likes of Henry, Phillipou and even Wilson had a greater impact.

Pou out performed his last 3 games combined stat wise.

In hindsight , asking a teenager to just change position after a season and a half in another spot would always be difficult. He's far from a veteran, got his mind and play into the right place at VFL and made it count at the top level. Exactly how it is meant to be.

Its a great benchmark for him now to know his level can be elite

I think today has is a bit of a reward for a stagnant season. Poo and Mitch had slow starts, Sinclair clearly took 5 or 6 to get back and then hearing Henry speak after the game after it took him a bit to come back after injury as fascinating. Hopefully this season can pivot into one Collingwood had where they ended up with pendles and Thomas.

He’s got along way to go but thought arie was very composed in the last quarter

I liked Sharman's game today. Competed well in the contest when he couldn't take the mark and kicked straight when he had his chances in front of goal. Looking forward to see what he can do playing as a forward for the rest of the year.
And made a huge, match winning spoil in the last play of the game that the commentators ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what supporter here can say they would've rather we lose this game for a better draft pick??
Yep. All the talk ad nauseum about pick 4 blah blah blah and the need to tank. I assume those posters were barracking for us to lose in the last quarter. I sure know I wasn't.

If we string some wins together it all helps potentially getting players to come to the club. I'd sooner trust trading for proven stars than us selecting them in the draft.

Yep. All the talk ad nauseum about pick 4 blah blah blah and the need to tank. I assume those posters were barracking for us to lose in the last quarter. I sure know I wasn't.

If we string some wins together it all helps potentially getting players to come to the club. I'd sooner trust trading for proven stars than us selecting them in the draft.
Gone to ground tonight most of them

A great win, the unexpected underdog wins are the best, a pity it has come too late in the season to keep our finals hopes alive.

It gives us some hope for next year though showing that we're capable of beating the best teams when we play our best football.

Some great signs from our youngsters especially Phillipou who showed why he was a top 10 pick and is a potential midfield star.

Some of our older players stood up in the 2nd half too, Steele and Sinclair lifted and Wilkie was huge leading the way in defence.

Looking forward to hearing all the so called footy media experts eating their words about St Kilda being boring and unwatchable.

They should've known better than to write off the Saints, we've been defying the odds and sticking it up the haters for 150 years.

Gone to ground tonight most of them
Just like the misery guts crew who are keeping a low profile I guess.

I'm happy to put my hand up & say I have no interest in getting on a roll & finishing in no man's land again. Fortunately the teams ahead of us have a break of multiple games so there's little chance of that happening.

I celebrated that win as much as any in the 'win & finish 11th' crew BTW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back