Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with that game. I thought we'd get overrun for another close loss and was content that we moved the ball the best we had all season, but...... we showed some real guts and composure as well. Bloody fantastic approach to build on.

We also made a series of ridiculous stuff ups in the last term, each of which I thought would cost us dearly. But it didn't because we held belief. Coaches can be both proud and delighted that they still have the players believe in what we're trying to do. We are light on for talent but a champion team will always beat a team of...............you know the rest.

Thank you Saints for restoring my confidence in the direction we're heading!!!

Byrnes looked ok today, 22 touches, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 score involvements, 5 intercept possessions - could be still hope for him?
He was a livewire in the first quarter.
Helped set the tone.
And looks more filled out physically as well.

Has improved every season and that's all you can ask of them.

Just like the misery guts crew who are keeping a low profile I guess.

I'm happy to put my hand up & say I have no interest in getting on a roll & finishing in no man's land again. Fortunately the teams ahead of us have a break of multiple games so there's little chance of that happening.

I celebrated that win as much as any in the 'win & finish 11th' crew BTW.
Yeah, predicting and looking forward to draft picks in a poor season doesn't mean wins aren't enjoyed.
And they provide nutrition and confidence for the younger and mid-aged players.

6 losses by 10 or under and being 2 or 3 wins out of 8th suggests we're not as atrocious as we might felt along the way.
Although, I think atrocious is the word Burkey used to describe us last week on the ABC broadcast.

Anybody can see we need draft picks though, so nothing wrong with discussing it with no finals to look ahead to.
Whether it's 4 or 5, doesn't really matter. Doubt we'll sneak ahead of anyone other than the Crows unless the Hawks run out of steam completely. They're the only ones with a % low enough.

SpqnFYl.gif

Just saw the Heeney punch to Webster.

Holy hell we havec4 umpires just for this foul play.
Total.and utter incompetence. Heenyy gets the goal, then another with Webster off.

Absolutely disgraceful from the umpires. I know there is an edict for the AFL.to give the booster clubs the rub of the green, but those two goal.almost cost us the game.

When will the AFL be brought to account over the preferential treatment these rugby state clubs ALWAYS get?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry this is just SO WRONG! Battle is a required player - you obviously missed him keeping Heeney quiet for two quarters - the brownlow Fave - their most damaging player.

I hate to be negative toward one of the boys, but we also showed today that Battle is 100% worth letting go for band 1. We won without him having a massive influence, supporting the argument that he is not a game-changer for our next premiership tilt. To get a gun kid for him would be a great result.

Yeah, he just came up with it on Thursday.
The whole comp will surely stand up and take notice of this revolutionary innovation.

Attack the contest hard to get first hands on the ball and if you win possession move the ball on quickly and forward.

Now we just need to give Lyon's innovation a name...Ross Ball?

A week in footy can always turn things, good or bad.

My take outs from the match:
  • If have an a-grade mid (LDU or Warner) some of those close losses start to flip and we’re really not all that bad. It really is where the games are won and lost.
  • Give Doug’s an extension, he saved that game. Him and Wilkie, J-Web were absolute rocks.
  • The Pou is back, what a performance.
  • A couple of clumsy efforts from Henry, but otherwise got things moving and added a bit of speed.
  • Thought Hill really brought the energy in the first quarter.
  • Schoey managed to stay in the game and showed a bit of resilience in the clinche. Probably got robbed of a goal.
  • Quality game from Ronny, some of those gut running defensive efforts were impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back