Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Big chance for a good win here against the struggling Eagles. Theyve already had, and lost, their post coach sacking comeback game so shouldnt be a factor.

Dry weather football fortunately so hopefully our skills are more like the Sydney game.

Likely ins are Hill for Bonner and potentially Jones for Dow. All dependent on tommorrows injury reports.

Big question is who will go to Reid without Windhager available to put him in his handbag?

Hill for Bonner is obvious, then I'm not so sure. Ross or Hastie for Jones is likely, Paton was good when he came on so I hope he stays sub. I don't know why people think Allison should play, kicking five goals one week doesn't make up for going goalless the five weeks prior and his papers are very obviously stamped. I'd like to get a look at Hotton but there really isn't any reason to rush these guys into AFL games until they are 100% ready.

Hill for Bonner is obvious, then I'm not so sure. Ross or Hastie for Jones is likely, Paton was good when he came on so I hope he stays sub. I don't know why people think Allison should play, kicking five goals one week doesn't make up for going goalless the five weeks prior and his papers are very obviously stamped. I'd like to get a look at Hotton but there really isn't any reason to rush these guys into AFL games until they are 100% ready.
Season is over as far as finals so i wouldnt mind a couple of debuts to just see.
Allison just might be one of those players that rise to afl level but youll never know if you dont give them that chance.

Id prefer to debut Heath myself.

Allison has to be some chance to debut. Poor old Membrey didn't get near it on the weekend, and neither did Owens.

Hill straight back in. Also is Battle OK?
Yeah I hate to say it but Membrey is right at the end. Conditions were admittedly awful on the weekend but he used to have super sticky hands, now can't hold anything. Mitch has had a very rough patch of form but will stay in for structural reasons.

Personally I'd bring in the big moose and leave him forward most of the game, rucking in our forward half.

Big chance for a good win here against the struggling Eagles. Theyve already had, and lost, their post coach sacking comeback game so shouldnt be a factor.

Dry weather football fortunately so hopefully our skills are more like the Sydney game.

Likely ins are Hill for Bonner and potentially Jones for Dow. All dependent on tommorrows injury reports.

Big question is who will go to Reid without Windhager available to put him in his handbag?
I’d throw Mitch at him.
Will be better for him than six weeks at Sandy.

Out:

Bonner
Jones
Membrey

In:

Hill
Garcia
Heath

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
Hb: NAS, battle, Sinclair
C: hill, phillipou, Byrnes
Hf: Garcia, wood, butler
F: Higgins, Heath, Sharman
Foll: Marshall, Steele, Clark
Int: schoenmaker, Paton, Henry, Owens
Sub: wilson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owens has good burst speed but not sure ha has the tank to go full tag.
May not be the worst idea to get him into the game

Reid will certainly lead him to the ball. I think he needs a less pressurised environment to get his form and confidence back.

Allison isnt getting a game, let alone for Owens.
Reckon Allison is a sneaky chance for Membrey.

He's played a fair bit as a defender recently but has performed solidly when shifted back to the fwd half.

Can't completely disregard two 5 goal performances.

The question you should be asking is why would you play Membrey ahead of Allison?

The question you should be asking is why would you play Membrey ahead of Allison?
I really don't mean this to come across as rude or snarky: but I'd play him because he is a better footballer who will be playing for us next year.

He had a dirty game on the weekend but his efforts against Sydney (although not being reflected on the stat sheet) were a noticeable factor in us coming back and winning that game.

I really don't mean this to come across as rude or snarky: but I'd play him because he is a better footballer who will be playing for us next year.

He had a dirty game on the weekend but his efforts against Sydney (although not being reflected on the stat sheet) were a noticeable factor in us coming back and winning that game.
Fair but I disagree. I think he's finished and he won't be at the club in 2025. I would rather explore the list than keep playing the same guys that have us in the bottom four and have no long term future with us, its a massive waste of time and the opportunity cost is also significant.

Reckon Allison is a sneaky chance for Membrey.

He's played a fair bit as a defender recently but has performed solidly when shifted back to the fwd half.

Can't completely disregard two 5 goal performances.
We can easily disregard them when he struggles to touch the ball 5 times most weeks.

None of the other kids are ready. Leave them developing at Sandy.
If anyone Heath.
Hill and Dow for Bonner and Jones.
Leave Membrey in atm. Conditions were deplorable. He’ll be better at Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back