AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

And McDonald needs to start putting boot on ball rather than trying to find a teammate via handball as she keeps turning it over with that option

Doesn't help when she's telegraphing what she was planning to do. Makes it a lot easier to intercept.

Leading possession winners for the half

Crockett-Grills 11
Prespakis 10
Webster 8
Morrison 8
M.McDonald 8
Scott 7
Parry 7
D.Moloney 7

Wow, surprised to see Prespakis have so much ball. Doesn't feel like she's been much involved, let alone have an influence (I know she's not 100% right).

Leading possession winners for the half

Crockett-Grills 11
Prespakis 10
Webster 8
Morrison 8
M.McDonald 8
Scott 7
Parry 7
D.Moloney 7

I'm guessing the commentator is a little confused as she said Morrison had 8 disposals in the second quarter - surely Nina touched the ball in the first quarter or was she kept out of it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice contested F50 grab from Parry - Darcy Moloney loves a goal and converts. 2-goal break.

A moment to reflect: Darcy Moloney and Laura Gardiner were junior teammates at the Falcons, both were taken by the Cats in the 2020 draft; Moloney @ 10 and Gardiner @ 20.

I always liked the look of Gardiner as a footballer, she was crafty and had nice game-sense. But she didn't get the opportunities that Moloney did, and eventually sought greener pastures. She's been a flat-out gun at Sydney.

Darcy M is a nice player, but she has to find greater consistency from contest-to-contest and week-to-week.
No question she has skills and passion.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back