AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Have gone from one game featuring one of the Prespakis sisters playing against a team with one of the Hosking twins to another game featuring one of the Prespakis sisters playing against a team with one of the Hosking twins...

Have gone from one game featuring one of the Prespakis sisters playing against a team with one of the Hosking twins to another game featuring one of the Prespakis sisters playing against a team with one of the Hosking twins...
Hoskings doing a great job impersonating Maddy's twin sister though, who looks more like a Hosking and has rarely/never excelled on the footy field.

Does anyone else wonder if Moloney maybe stood on Scheer's foot causing the injury so that she wouldn't have as much competition up forward 😉
Hey, foot-stomps can turn nasty. If I remember it right it was Jonathan Brown who stomped on Matthew Egan's foot in that game Corey Enright lost his shorts in back in 2007. Egan never played again.

Coincidentally Chris Scott's last game as a player, too.

Imagine how far ahead she would be in the goalkicking (and where we'd be on the ladder) if she didn't kick 0.4 against Freo.

Over the first 3 rounds she kicked 2.1 -
1 behind versus Melb
2 goals versus North
Didn't hit the scoreboard against Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the first 3 rounds she kicked 2.1 -
1 behind versus Melb
2 goals versus North
Didn't hit the scoreboard against Carlton

Which comes back to what you were saying yesterday about hopefully getting her back down here earlier next year.

Will be fun watching Scheer and Moloney working in tandem next season.

Which comes back to what you were saying yesterday about hopefully getting her back down here earlier next year.

Will be fun watching Scheer and Moloney working in tandem next season.

If we can have Moloney & Scheer playing together up forward, it could allow Parry to play a similar role to what we've seen from Darby in previous seasons where she drifts between the arcs but can still present as a forward option

At the moment, when we have either/both Moloney & Parry playing a bit further up the ground, we can lose that target up forward - adding Scheer to the mix means we should be able to keep a target up forward

If we can have Moloney & Scheer playing together up forward, it could allow Parry to play a similar role to what we've seen from Darby in previous seasons where she drifts between the arcs but can still present as a forward option

At the moment, when we have either/both Moloney & Parry playing a bit further up the ground, we can lose that target up forward - adding Scheer to the mix means we should be able to keep a target up forward

Or maybe we could play Moloney on the wing in a role similar to the one Matthew Richardson played when he finished top 3 in the Brownlow in 2008. Start her on the wing and have her push forward at every opportunity. She'd be a nightmare to match up if she was playing that role - she'd be too mobile for anyone with her height, and too tall for anyone who matches her mobility.

Or maybe we could play Moloney on the wing in a role similar to the one Matthew Richardson played when he finished top 3 in the Brownlow in 2008. Start her on the wing and have her push forward at every opportunity. She'd be a nightmare to match up if she was playing that role - she'd be too mobile for anyone with her height, and too tall for anyone who matches her mobility.

I'd love to be able to move Moloney from the FF position - either CHF or wing would be a genuine nightmare for the opposition because at 183cm there's not going to be many midfield/wing options with the height to match her around the ground, and how many defenders are going to have the aerobic capacity to run with her all day?

It's kinda funny to think that after the draft & list concessions we received a few years back that allowed us to pre-sign Gunjaca, before then drafting Prespaskis & Friswell, that the missing link & difference maker to the team may just be an Irish lass in just her 2nd season

And in reading about the signing of Gunjaca, it mentions the signing of our first Irish recruit Rachel Kearns - I think we all knew about her Gaelic football background, but I forgot about her boxing background (can see a bit of that out on the field with how you don't want to be someone who gets in her way). Interesting that she said she may have pursued the Olympics if she hadn't given up boxing:

*Remarkably, Kearns’ sporting prowess extends beyond the field of GAA, soccer (she played for the Republic Of Ireland U19s in the past) and the AFLW. She has two All-Ireland boxing medals in her possession and almost pursued a path to the Olympic Games.

“I did boxing, I think it was for four years. I remember at the time Katie Taylor was only getting kind of big then. For girls, boxing wasn’t that big back then until, after I stopped, the Olympics came into it.

“I kind of missed that phase and I regretted giving it up at the time because I would have given the Olympics a go, but everything happens for a reason and I wouldn’t regret it now. With anything else I’ve done in life, everything kind of worked out as well.”*

Don't mind some of these ideas actually.

I'm a big supporter of a single bye weekend in the men's comp - starting the women's comp that weekend may just give the push for the AFL to agree to it

I like the timings in the proposal, but maybe not totally sold on a night grand final - especially on a Sunday night

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back