Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL I just remembered it was Brownlow night and thought I'd check the AFL website to see who won it.

Discover it's only up to R7 ... WTF?
The count could run through to March next year at this rate. Thank Fk I'm not watching or listening to any of the drivel. I might have had to shoot myself.

They were rattling through the first 5 rounds too. Last 3 rounds have taken about 45 minutes

If Neale wins a third, it will confirm (again!) that this award is a meaningless piece of tin. I can handle Cripps, at least like Bont, or Gawn, he is a consistent match winner, and all 3 often carry their teams along with them. Or Dusty a few years ago. But Neale! 😆😆😆😆 F*** off.

I hope Heeney gets the most votes.

Swans supporters will sook up big time and Cripps win will be hollow

He’s getting 3 in their game against the Blues in the next round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not watching it btw, can't be bothered, I detest it. Have a couple of mids racked up record vote totals for whatever round it's up to?
If someone like Bunton played today, he'd win with 50+ ... in an 18 game season!
Back then, players on losing teams actually got 3 votes, because they were actually BOG, regardless of the scoreboard. And a single umpire was somehow aware that defenders, wingers, rucks also played. Not forwards though! They only got noticed from 1980 until the late 90s, then disappeared again. Like defenders. Ruckmen hung on a bit longer, but they play no part in the modern game either. 🤪

James Harmes has had an equally good year as the Bont according to the umpires lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back