Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My comment was directed at the commentary in this thread. Why are we outraged that a player gets three votes even if he didn't get 20 disposals?

I realise each case bears examination because there will always be a few eyebrow raising calls, but in principle there should be nothing wrong with it if the player was indeed extremely influential in the game.

I'm not sure there would be too much commentary for a Gawn, Jezza Cameron or Harris Andrews 3 voter, its just when the prolific mids get it. Not saying its not possible, Bont has had games where he has got 20 and been clear BOG but these ones they are getting no coaches votes, no media votes and then Brownlow votes are tiring

Looking at the results on the live tracker Treloar really had a unprecedented season this year. I predicted it'd be Cripps and Daicos early the way they played most of the season and weren't going to get much votes stolen.

Cripps getting two votes in the game against us is a joke

He was pretty good, especially in that last

I expected 3. Dale, 2. Jamarra, 1. Cripps. Don't think the votes were out of the ordinary

He was pretty good, especially in that last

I expected 3. Dale, 2. Jamarra, 1. Cripps. Don't think the votes were out of the ordinary

Pretty sure Cripps turns up, runs out and they've already got him down for 1 vote.

Boring count. Made even worse by the uncalled for reappearance of McLachlan.

If you look at the predicted votes in the AFL tracker he'll end up with 41 votes which would be an all time record. But he'd only win it by 4 votes from Naicos (37) who would also have broken the old record of 36 votes (shared by Dusty and Wines).

Sorry dw, I'm only engaging in drive-by posting in this thread, as I have been totally disengaged with any Brownlow discussion this year. And for quite a few years previously, although until this year I'll admit I snuck a peak at predicted votes if Bont looked half a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish talking shit, as usual, about record votes. There’s an extra game this year dimwit, nepo hire.
Back in the old days it was 18 games.
Of course there’ll be records broken

Once again a joke of a count. Although better than last year as at least one of the 2-3 best players of the year will win it. But the margin is ****ing ludicrous.

Bont should just rock up in the shades every year and get mullered. They’re never giving him one anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back