2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarryn Thomas - wow - the club are really expecting a lot from Mason Wood and Brad Hill.

Why are we even remotely considering him?
Good player, fits a need, cheaper than De Goey - possibly similar level of risk.

Main reason - as always - small club that can't attract big names - so we are left to scrounge around the scrap bin in an effort to improve the list.

Is our club about to implode?

One minute we are losing our CHB to get an early pick (conceivable), the next we are prepared to put our captain or our full back up for trade for more picks. We are also prepared to let go players have been huge servants of the club during tough times. Now the club are talking to another train wreck in the hope he will help our club (WTF is going on).

My god it doesnt get much more desparate than that - surely its all forum tripe???

Last edited:
He looks pretty god
Twomey saying Harvey Langford is a massive watch for pick 1 in the last few weeks of the season.

Said Jagga is a chance and that the club picking at #1 will change who may go.

Said Smillie is still a shot as he is the most unique prospect due to his size. His game earlier this year was the best game from any kid in this draft this season that he had seen.

Smilie had such an average champs. I'd be disappointed if we took him if we had pick 1.

One minute we are losing our CHB to get an early pick (conceivable), the next we are prepared to put our captain or our full back up for trade for more picks. We are also prepared to let go players have been huge servants of the club during tough times. Now the club are talking to another train wreck in the hope he will help our club (WTF is going on).

My god it doesnt get much more desparate than that - surely its all forum tripe???

Are you a recent convert?

I’d be pretty happy at our current pick however.

I'd prefer others but if he fell he'd be worth a chance. His champs really spooked me. He almost looks like a jack of all trades master of none to me. Average forward and average mid. In his first champs game he wasn't impacting heaps but looked like he had confidence and BDE. Last couple he looked a bit lost and disinterested at times. I'd rathe FOS slipped down to us.

I'd prefer others but if he fell he'd be worth a chance. His champs really spooked me. He almost looks like a jack of all trades master of none to me. Average forward and average mid. In his first champs game he wasn't impacting heaps but looked like he had confidence and BDE. Last couple he looked a bit lost and disinterested at times. I'd rathe FOS slipped down to us.
Would you take Langford over FOS if both were available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speed. He looks fantastic but tested badly. Some suggest he might be one that is hard to find a position for but don't get it. Looks classy as. Might have a bit of Hunter Clark's pace though.
I think this is the issue. Looks classy but is slow and disposal is pretty average/poor from what I've seen. He'd get murdered in the big league.

Twomey saying Harvey Langford is a massive watch for pick 1 in the last few weeks of the season.

Said Jagga is a chance and that the club picking at #1 will change who may go.

Said Smillie is still a shot as he is the most unique prospect due to his size. His game earlier this year was the best game from any kid in this draft this season that he had seen.
Cal likes a bit of mayo this time of year.

Generally about 10% of the talk comes to fruition. Usually the disappointing 10% too.

I think this is the issue. Looks classy but is slow and disposal is pretty average/poor from what I've seen. He'd get murdered in the big league.

His disposal looked pretty good in most of the champs matches I thought.

I haven't been following the draft at all this year but it seems like the top 8 or so consists of a bunch of mids and a key defender. Looking forward to us grabbing the best mid available with our first pick - my question to those who have been following is will we get better value from an additional pick after our first or from retaining Josh Battle for the next 6-7 years?

I haven't been following the draft at all this year but it seems like the top 8 or so consists of a bunch of mids and a key defender. Looking forward to us grabbing the best mid available with our first pick - my question to those who have been following is will we get better value from an additional pick after our first or from retaining Josh Battle for the next 6-7 years?

I'd rather keep Battle, you don't really get a benefit from a FRDP for a few years unless you hit an absolute star. I don't feel confident that the players around our pick are going to be definite guns. It's a huge gamble.

I'd rather keep Battle, you don't really get a benefit from a FRDP for a few years unless you hit an absolute star. I don't feel confident that the players around our pick are going to be definite guns. It's a huge gamble.
Some of us prefer the chance of getting a midfield gun than keeping a solid 3rd defender and paying him overs

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back