2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

They have apparently told Barrass and Battle that the other is signing with them.
I wish he would just tell us and finished.
This will he/won’t he nonsense is ridiculous.
I can’t believe he doesn’t know and surely the club is mature enough to deal with it for a couple more weeks if he says he’s going.
Personally, I’d be planning for a compo pick. If he was staying he would’ve said so by now - just my feeling.

fox footy profiled 10 players and have him gone,english staying smith barrass gone,for whatever they are worth

Verdict: Going.That being said, a lot hinges on where Hawthorn prioritise him among other trade targets.
I reckon the club probably knows he's going. They'd also know what he's going to be earning and hopefully have a good idea that it will be band one.

Smillie and Lalor both suffer from the same issues in my eyes.

Both need a lot of work on their tanks - which is why they have had moments but not matches during the carnival.

They have both been overshadowed to the smaller running machine mids.

It’s also worth pointing out, those knocking Smillie are also talking up Lalor. They both have been underwhelming and their best games have been outside of the carnival- albeit Smillie absolutely tore apart the game v VFL opposition.

They give off Petracca like vibes. Where you will need to give them a few seasons at AFL level before you see the best of them.

Ultimately. I’m so glad we don’t have pick 1 or 2. But as a pure prospect you would have to be blind to not think there could be something special about Smillie and his 194cm frame.

MrFoster yes mate. He is 194cm. His game isn’t speed and agility. His game is power. Contested possession. Resting forward with scoreboard impact.

I think the other 2 might be closer to his issues with personality and hunger.
The one thing I would give Smilie (well, not just one) is that he moves very well for a 194cm kid. Wonder what his pace and agility test like compared to, say, Bont and Cripps and Fyfe.

I know he is a mid. Mind you, Hawkins is a pretty nimble for a big guy..

I think consistency is pretty important.. that’s why I rate Draper, Langford, Smith and Murphy Reid higher than FOS, Smilie, Lalor.
Hawkins is not nimble, he looks like a 105kg tank and he moves like it. If you think Hawkins is nimble relative to size compared to Smillie then I completely disagree

FOS and Lalor have both been injured all season, you can't blame them for inconsistency

Reid doesn't fit our midfield at all and I think a lot here would agree with me on that

Hawkins is not nimble, he looks like a 105kg tank and he moves like it. If you think Hawkins is nimble relative to size compared to Smillie then I completely disagree

FOS and Lalor have both been injured all season, you can't blame them for inconsistency

Reid doesn't fit our midfield at all and I think a lot here would agree with me on that
Anyway, we agree to disagree..

Would choose Draper (Like Horn-Francis) and Langford (like Bont) if available.

Anyway, we agree to disagree..

Would choose Draper (Like Horn-Francis) and Langford (like Bont) if available.
Agree about Draper but I'm taking Lalor over Langford. We already have Pou as the Bont-type mid - now we need a Dusty/Trac inside bull who can also push forward

Draper is unlikely, but a midfield of Pou, Lalor, Draper is absolutely perfect in terms of balance; size, power, speed, versatility etc.

Agree about Draper but I'm taking Lalor over Langford. We already have Pou as the Bont-type mid - now we need a Dusty/Trac inside bull who can also push forward

Draper is unlikely, but a midfield of Pou, Lalor, Draper is absolutely perfect in terms of balance; size, power, speed, versatility etc.
Agree.. But we should not stop there. need to build midfield depth. Would also draft in the 2nd/3rd round, any left over mid or hybrid mid types like Ough, Hynes, Gross so Sandy will also have a stacked midfield to develop.

I can't split them THB
Top:
Smith
Draper
FOS

Middle:
Smilie
Lalor
Trainor
Langford

Bottom
Hotton (do not want)

Trainor looks a gun, it's just a mid centric industry now days. He should probably be in the top group IMHO, but with half of them getting injured it's not very reasonable to form strong opinions either way.

I doubt Trainor gets past North. Regardless of whether they have picks 2 or 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.. But we should not stop there. need to build midfield depth. Would also draft in the 2nd/3rd round, any left over mid or hybrid mid types like Ough, Hynes, Gross so Sandy will also have a stacked midfield to develop.
Oh 100%, I've been hot on Hynes for weeks now - the Warner-type to put the cherry on top of the contest bulls. Then add Windy into the mix and hopefully Dow or Clark. Gross feels a bit similar to a few of our curent mids, but if we can get him in the second round then its a bargain

Oh 100%, I've been hot on Hynes for weeks now - the Warner-type to put the cherry on top of the contest bulls. Then add Windy into the mix and hopefully Dow or Clark. Gross feels a bit similar to a few of our curent mids, but if we can get him in the second round then its a bargain

You want to put a cherry on top of the contest bulls we don't have yet?

Was talking in the context of my previous post buddy

That's a lot of confidence in a midfield that hasn't played a game yet.... Chum.
Up there with acting like our Key positions are sorted because we have Paddy and Goddard.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the top end of this draft other than none of these players seemingly wants to go pick 1.

No one is saying the top end isn’t good. Infact it’s been the complete opposite for months now by every credible draft watcher.

All I ever said about Jagga is that in the last 25 years it’s so very unlikely someone at Jagga height goes pick 1 unless they are elite juniors ie Scully or Marc Murphy.

I still stand right by that statement. Jagga is my favourite in this draft. But I think both the above mentioned players were better prospects. I still believe Jagga at p1 is a reach and I’m still maintaining I am thrilled we don’t have p1 or 2.

Secondly. I wanted Petracca. Not paddy. But I saw shit at training with paddy that you could justify why we took him. He had it. He didn’t have the injury luck.

Billings I was excited by. Didn’t really have a preference and I ****ing willed him on to success for years. But he didn’t have that elite drive and wilted infront of the big sticks on a weekly basis.

Yep you got on Langford and I agreed with you. I was way on the Jagga train before you.

So no, your not some oracle. You are just proving the god damn point about this draft. There is talent everywhere. It’s deep. There are exciting prospects who could go 1 or could go 12.

And at the minute the bloke who I think has the smallest bust potential probably goes around 10 at current.

Tobie Travaglia.

I was talking Jagga up last year. Not sure where you think you got in first.

Yeah, you want to have plenty rolling through and always have a few in development. Take 20 to end up with 5 excellent ones.

The pi55ing contest just gets better and better on here

This is the guy they all have to beat

KJMoM1x.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back