2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching a bit of CoatesLeague - Lalor just looks so good. Has to go top 4/5. Grrrrr

If he goes higher another will slide, but if we win tomorrow it wont matter much we will be in no mans land re top end mids.

I really dont think the club have thought out the late season resurgance or the impact on our draft too well.

I agree with this sentiment but I very much believe we need access to two elite young mids, and a win this weekend puts us back in the position where we may have to reach again for players who might translate into mids.

I don’t think winning or losing tomorrow makes a huge difference in the scheme of things to be honest and too much gets said about the importance of winning the final home and away game for offseason momentum into the next season.

Either way, we’ve finished the season much better than we started and there will be increased belief amongst the playing group going into summer that we’re on the right track.

I will say, that the language and actions of the club and those running it are much stronger and more definitive than that of previous administrations it seems we are all pulling in the same direction finally.
About the only time I’ve ever wanted to use up assets and trade up (if we finish up with 6 or 7)

If he goes higher another will slide, but if we win tomorrow it wont matter much we will be in no mans land re top end mids.

I really dont think the club have thought out the late season resurgance or the impact on our draft too well.

If we’d played the kids we would have a high pick.

About the only time I’ve ever wanted to use up assets and trade up (if we finish up with 6 or 7)

Great. Give away Battle to get the same pick we would have had for playing kids and booking surgeries.

Great. Give away Battle to get the same pick we would have had for playing kids and booking surgeries.

Do you ever stop being miserable about this club of ours?

We’re stuck here in footy town so we have an excuse.

You’re apparently in Japan touring around.

Get off Big Footy and go look at some Koi Fish or something for god’s sake.

Do you ever stop being miserable about this club of ours?

We’re stuck here in footy town so we have an excuse.

You’re apparently in Japan touring around.

Get off Big Footy and go look at some Koi Fish or something for god’s sake.

Or I’ll do what ever I like

We are already mental...thats why we are saints suppporters
Shifty Eyes GIF by Igor Bastidas

You know two years ago Ess took Tsatas at 5 and we took Pou at 10. Same with Wilson. You just never know what the draft will spin up.

There were some here so happy with Clark and Coffield the pair have been underwhelming. It's a bit of a raffle.

Think we will get 2 good footballers whether they become great footballers is a mixture of injury, luck, maturity of the player and our player development, which we seem to be getting right.

Seems plenty of depth in the draft, Smilie FOS Hotton have issues etc so they may drift who knows.

If Richmond get say 4 or 5 top 20 picks then will not be taking all midfielders so that drops them down the order.
Trainor likely to go to Norf. Draper to Ade, 2 of Smilie FOS Smith to Tigers and WCE/Tigers, Melb go for a tall then we are in the hunt for Langford Lalor et al.

Good place to have 2 picks, better earlier but hey would rather win games than play for picks, sends all matter of wrong.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tell ya what. I wouldn’t be against just draft the entire stingrays midfield. All tall, all jets. How hynes isn’t talked about as top 15 is beyond me.
I’ve only watched a little of the game but peckett gets better every week

If we’d played the kids we would have a high pick.

Agree I dont know why Keeler, Heath (before injury), Hotton etc didnt all get a number of games.

You have to wonder wtf they are thinking pushing Battle out and then wanting to win games at the back end of the season. Its counter productive to wanting early access to extra draft picks.

Agree I dont know why Keeler, Heath (before injury), Hotton etc didnt all get a number of games.

You have to wonder wtf they are thinking pushing Battle out and then wanting to win games at the back end of the season. Its counter productive to wanting early access to extra draft picks.
Good form toward the back end of the season might be enough to convince players like peatling to come. Happened with Henry last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know two years ago Ess took Tsatas at 5 and we took Pou at 10. Same with Wilson. You just never know what the draft will spin up.

There were some here so happy with Clark and Coffield the pair have been underwhelming. It's a bit of a raffle.

Think we will get 2 good footballers whether they become great footballers is a mixture of injury, luck, maturity of the player and our player development, which we seem to be getting right.

Seems plenty of depth in the draft, Smilie FOS Hotton have issues etc so they may drift who knows.

If Richmond get say 4 or 5 top 20 picks then will not be taking all midfielders so that drops them down the order.
Trainor likely to go to Norf. Draper to Ade, 2 of Smilie FOS Smith to Tigers and WCE/Tigers, Melb go for a tall then we are in the hunt for Langford Lalor et al.

Good place to have 2 picks, better earlier but hey would rather win games than play for picks, sends all matter of wrong.

Melbourne need prime mids.

Tell ya what. I wouldn’t be against just draft the entire stingrays midfield. All tall, all jets. How hynes isn’t talked about as top 15 is beyond me.
I’ve only watched a little of the game but peckett gets better every week
Yeah, I want the top tier mods, but if we finish up with 7/8, then turning 8 into Hynes and something else in the teens would be excellent. His movement and beastness is exactly what we need.

Good form toward the back end of the season might be enough to convince players like peatling to come. Happened with Henry last year

Again it seems quite confused as a plan. Moving players out for youth then topping up again. They claim that they need access to the top end then when opportunity lands in our lap we forget to stay down. If his plan is to **** the list. Do it quickly and hard reload. Not go in ten directions at once.

Comes down to what the draft field looks like - the Clark/Coffield picks were (in part) unfortunate timing because there was a consensus top 5 (Rayner, LDU, Brayshaw, Cerra, Dow with Stephenson as the wildcard) that year so we were picking just outside the cream. If there's a consensus top 10, like there was when we landed Phillipou, that's a very different scenario.

Early estimates - top end looks to be about 12/13 with decent depth underneath that. No guarantees though

Watched a bit of the sandy chargers game. Murphy Reid is a star. Nothing like hunter Clark. Game changer

As weird as a Trump rally with JD rooting a sofa off to the side.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched a bit of the sandy chargers game. Murphy Reid is a star. Nothing like hunter Clark. Game changer

Love him. Has the intangible shit. First time I watched him I couldn’t believe he wasn’t higher rated. His testing must have sucked because he looks flash AF. His kicking is so good and he uses it to push other players into better positions. He looks like an architect type. Really seems to read the play.

HC seemed to be a slippery inside player that danced in heavy traffic and never seemed to get touched. More like a lumbering Jagga Smith mixed with Pendles time delay moves.

Love him. Has the intangible shit. First time I watched him I couldn’t believe he wasn’t higher rated. His testing must have sucked because he looks flash AF. His kicking is so good and he uses it to push other players into better positions. He looks like an architect type. Really seems to read the play.

HC seemed to be a slippery inside player that danced in heavy traffic and never seemed to get touched. More like a lumbering Jagga Smith mixed with Pendles time delay moves.
Murphy actually accumulates and has good midfield craft (handballing under pressure, evading, linking up, kicking). Clark as good as he is sometimes still looks like a half back playing mid, 20 possessions are a good game for Clark.

Murphy actually accumulates and has good midfield craft (handballing under pressure, evading, linking up, kicking). Clark as good as he is sometimes still looks like a half back playing mid, 20 possessions are a good game for Clark.

I was talking in his draft year. Looked the business

He hit some handballs out of congestion today that you just don’t see. And because of that the person on the outside was in space. That will translate really well to afl.
He opens up the game

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back