2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]" data-quote="akaifu" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
What makes the you listed "bankable" and the others not?

O’Sullivan, smith Draper have all shown their best traits at VFL/SANFL level. Langford close to this group of course. Lalor has some incredible traits and maybe not as bankable as the other three but much more upside.

Our pick 8 could and will likely become pick 11 after bids on Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako. Lindsay at 11 is far from a reach.
I got to watch Lindsay live a couple of times as my best mate's son got the call up for a few games with gippy power.

Reminds me a lot of Walsh from Calton.

If we got a big inside mid with 7 I'd happily take Lindsay with 8.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I got to watch Lindsay live a couple of times as my best mate's son got the call up for a few games with gippy power.

Nah, I reckon he's a kicker. Right peg seems just there for balance and symmetry. Walsh is more of a handballer.

O’Sullivan, smith Draper have all shown their best traits at VFL/SANFL level. Langford close to this group of course. Lalor has some incredible traits and maybe not as bankable as the other three but much more upside.
Phoenix Hargrave showed his best traits in SANFL alongside Sid Draper. He's not even rated in the top 40

Tobie Travaglia showed his best traits in VFL for Carlton

Jobe Shanahan showed his best traits in VFL for Essendon

Bo Allan showed his best traits in WAFL for Peel Thunder (played in their GF)

Hamish Davis showed his best traits in WAFL for Claremont (played in their EF)

Elwood Peckett showed his best traits in VFL for Sandringham

And that's just off the top of my head. The list goes on

So why are those names more bankable again?

Spot on. Lovely kick. Looks like he can play inside/wing/flank. Coupled with an inside mid. He’d be excellent

Last edited:

Walsh is a gut-running productive two-way runner

Lindsay is also a two-way runner, but he's more classy and uses the ball a lot more effectively. He's more a Gulden or a Butters (if he ends up an inside mid) than a Walsh

I’ve gotta say I havnt watched much of Lindsay but everyone bangs on about him. I’m have to check him out.
To the eye he’s one of the more impressive. Given most of his disposals are in space. There are however some nice passages of him moving at pace out of the centre square and then hitting a pass inside 50 lace out. He kind of looks like an in between Dylan Shiel and Butters.

I said I didn't rate Walsh because I thought that he was vanilla in his draft year. He was very similar. I like Lindsay because he looks safe as houses in the same way. No obvious X factor or single skill set, just does everything well. He looks the ideal pairing with someone more X factor but higher risk.

I said I didn't rate Walsh because I thought that he was vanilla in his draft year. He was very similar. I like Lindsay because he looks safe as houses in the same way. No obvious X factor or single skill set, just does everything well. He looks the ideal pairing with someone more X factor but higher risk.
I reckon his POD is his kicking and classiness. He’s a one touch player with exquisite skills.

I reckon his POD is his kicking and classiness. He’s a one touch player with exquisite skills.

I've always loved the razzle dazzle over class but I really like Lindsay. Neat kicking from Nas won me over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a bit of Macrae in Lindsay aswell? I’m more excited about getting him than anyone else, looks like he can change a game with coming in board to the corridor with that left peg. He starts in the centre square and can play inside and out. Not too strongly built but can hold his own.

Maybe a bit of Macrae in Lindsay aswell? I’m more excited about getting him than anyone else, looks like he can change a game with coming in board to the corridor with that left peg. He starts in the centre square and can play inside and out. Not too strongly built but can hold his own.
His stats stack up against the competition. Only Jagga and Ashcroft have better numbers. I reckon Lindsay is down in the pecking order only because of not playing in the centre at the champs. I wouldn’t be surprised if whoever takes him has him rated top 5.

Toce’s approach in this moment was spot on and the opposition club refusing was also the right call. This is exactly what I mean by fortunate. This is an exception, not the rule.

O’Sullivan, Smith, Lalor, Draper are four bankable, highly suitable (to our list needs) players and we are a whisker away from access. None of those four get to our natural pick.

The sliders like Smilie, maybe Langford, probably Reid at 7 are less suitable options and require some luck.

At no.8 we may have access to a 2nd slider sure but likely back to the flankers Travaglia, Lindsay etc.

I just can’t get excited about that no 8 pick, in fact I’m more excited about some of the players in the late first, early second round who could be just as good.

We can get one of the top 4 picks easily with our hand and absolutely should, making sure we pick up an extra mid 20s pick. Try for Ess pick 9 for F1 and 27
Lol Reid is not a slider, would be an absolute reach. And I am one that likes him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

7. Xavier Lindsay (9)

Gippsland Power/Vic Country

MID, 183cm

National Champs: 3 games, 22.7 disposals, 4.3 clearances, 6.7 marks

Talent League: 12 games, 23.4 disposals, 5.4 clearances, 0.6 goals

Lindsay offers the speed, running power and kicking skills that clubs search far and wide for. He's a balanced midfielder that led from the front for Gippy all the way until a PCL injury to his knee ended his campaign prematurely. Clubs have seen enough to rate him accordingly, though. His deft touch and ball use at full tilt is a joy to watch, and he was becoming an increasingly damaging forward-half player. He may not crack the top 10 on draft night, but Lindsay is as likely as anyone in the pool to play 300 AFL games.

Best traits similar to: Josh Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back