2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
A simple Google search will verify. Some years there are absolute clear, no questions asked, No.1 picks, but Petracca was definitely not one of those. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I don't think we can blame the saints recruiting staff for not foreseeing head trauma.
Not only head trauma. The guy was better at full-back as it turned out.

Is there any world both Smillie and Lalor are available at our picks? Seems extremely unlikely so I won't get my hopes up.

One of those two are my preferred option at 7.
Let's assume Richmond gets North's pick 2.

They could choose FOS and Jagga.

Would Carlton choose Lalor or Smilie, with Cripps set to play for ages? They might as easily choose Smith or even Draper.

If that happens, do we offer 8 and f1 to the Crows for the next pick? Get Lalor then if Dees go for Langford and North choose Tauru, Smilie is up for grabs.

Im not projecting he will be a star, but he was playing through a back injury which eventually cost him games. Lets see what he looks like injury free and with a full preseason.

Hotton is the other if he gets another year. He came to the club with a back injury and really only got going in the second half of this year
Any chance Carton will do something weird like choose him with their 3 because of his old man? I'd happy to send Olli there as a DFA to keep the family together and sweeten the pot

Let's assume Richmond gets North's pick 2.

They could choose FOS and Jagga.

Would Carlton choose Lalor or Smilie, with Cripps set to play for ages? They might as easily choose Smith or even Draper.

If that happens, do we offer 8 and f1 to the Crows for the next pick? Get Lalor then if Dees go for Langford and North choose Tauru, Smilie is up for grabs.
1. Lalor
2. FOS
3. Draper
4. ?

Adelaide are the ones we have no idea about, Jagga probably likely atm

Ideally I'd like to get Smillie/Langford/slider mid at 7, then split 8 in to 2 picks in the teens to grab 2 of Hannaford/Hynes/Hotton/Berry.
If SOS can work some magic to get Dodson around 20ish then we'll be balling

Ideally I'd like to get Smillie/Langford/slider mid at 7, then split 8 in to 2 picks in the teens to grab 2 of Hannaford/Hynes/Hotton/Berry.
If SOS can work some magic to get Dodson around 20ish then we'll be balling
Hannaford is X factor, but we got Owens=similar?
Lindsay, Hotton & Dodson would be good.
With having Pou & Windy, then maybe Garcia & Owens as grunt mids already, I'm into the class of Lindsay, Hotton, added to Wilson. Think that could be an awesome hybrid midfield going forward.

Last edited:
A simple Google search will verify. Some years there are absolute clear, no questions asked, No.1 picks, but Petracca was definitely not one of those. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I don't think we can blame the saints recruiting staff for not foreseeing head trauma.
Nope. Petracca was one of the most clear no. 1 consensus picks over the past 20 years. Not Harley Reid but nothing like this year. And yes we can blame the saints recruiting team. it was their responsibility and they got it horribly wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back