2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
I feel like selecting our first two picks is very simple. Take whoever is available out of

O'Sullivan
Draper
Smith
Lalor
Langford
Smilie
Reid
Lindsay

Those are the top 8 mids excluding academy picks. We have picks 7 and 8. So get two of them
Makes too much sense! I’ll pretend this scenario doesn’t exist so that I can continue reading through 499 more pages of countless other scenarios over the next month (only for us to do exactly what you’ve said) 😁

Player ratings 31-46

We have a pick in this range who would you pick?

We don’t need a Harry Oliver, but someone is going to get a good one.

I am so intrigued by Davis. Did so well against men and seems to be forgotten.

This is probably the place to get a KPD, but whether there is a genuine option that isn’t a bit too much like Cole in skill set is another thing. I suspect O’Farrell is a bit better than this and has slid with injuries.

The North Melbourne draft thread has been illuminating.

As Significant has said, there's no guarantee that they will go for a key position player, and they indeed prefer to just grab the best available player at 2, which would be pretty disappointing. Frankly, I think that would be a dumb move from the kangaroos, but hey, it's their list, their future.

But it would leave us with no choice out of the top 6 midfielders. As far as key position players, a lot of them are still talking about grabbing the sliding Luke Trainor, who's from an intergenerational kangaroo family, but they still need to find that pick to get him with - At the moment, they don't have anything until pick 62 or something.

I don't know what they will do, but I wonder if SOS is considering pulling the trigger on a trade up to 2 with our 8 and 32.

I think it could be a reason why we might be considering splitting pick 8 on draft night.

If North drafts a mid with pick 2 then our pick 7 will land the last of the big 7 mids. Pick 8 then becomes the pivotal pick with the best of the rest to come.

Such a scenario would make pick 8 very valuable. I’d go shopping with a pick swap with either Richmond and GWS. Whoever offers the better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was actually 2.86 ....I think
David Hasselhoff Smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

The Hoff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back