2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
I’ll be spewing if Smillie falls to us and we overlook him, we have no idea what our draft team are thinking at this moment.

The pure size of him is something we can’t look passed, especially if someone like a Reid can complement him with different attributes.

As BrutThough said, we really are in a great position no matter which way it falls.

So the last 2 October form guide had an average movement of 1 either side of Twomeys final from guide to actual draft position + 1 player who launched 4 positions.

2022. Cadman 5 went at 1
2023. Windsor 11 went at 7.

So if you want a very rough pick span and allowing for Tauru to be the big riser - I’ll allow a 2 pick spot movement.

Form guide (Draft Range)

1. Ashcroft (1-3)
2. FOS (1-4)
3. Langford (1-5)
4. Lalor (2-6)
5. Jagga (3-7)
6. Reid (4-8)
7. Draper (5-9)
8. Smillie (6-10)
9. Tauru (5-13) expect to rise
10. Armstrong (8-12)

Makes me think the most divisive outcome for out picks may be whether we take both Langford and Smillie if they drop that far.

That’s not the most divisive outcome, you haven’t uneven begun to imagine the shit outcomes my friend. Watch us pick 2 half back flankers projected to go in the 2nd round.

So the last 2 October form guide had an average movement of 1 either side of Twomeys final from guide to actual draft position + 1 player who launched 4 positions.

2022. Cadman 5 went at 1
2023. Windsor 11 went at 7.

So if you want a very rough pick span and allowing for Tauru to be the big riser - I’ll allow a 2 pick spot movement.

Form guide (Draft Range)

1. Ashcroft (1-3)
2. FOS (1-4)
3. Langford (1-5)
4. Lalor (2-6)
5. Jagga (3-7)
6. Reid (4-8)
7. Draper (5-9)
8. Smillie (6-10)
9. Tauru (5-13) expect to rise
10. Armstrong (8-12)
If two of Reid, Draper, Smillie and Tauru are available at our picks I don’t think we can go wrong. Any of them would be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If two of Reid, Draper, Smillie and Tauru are available at our picks I don’t think we can go wrong. Any of them would be fine.
I think my biggest takeaway was that …. IF what I’ve done is pretty close to spot on.

Langford won’t get past Melbourne.

But Jagga may.

Love it

but don't like the bid for Cole at #27!

Just our luck.

We have a big raw NGA kid who gets stuff all possessions and has a ball drop like an arthritic giraffe and clubs are bidding on him at 27

Just our luck.

We have a big raw NGA kid who gets stuff all possessions and has a ball drop like an arthritic giraffe and clubs are bidding on him at 27

We can always let them have him. ( if it actually happens ).
I still think we'd have taken Biggy Nyuon if he'd made it as far as the Rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back