Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless we really rally I won't be shocked to see us miss the 8
It's going to be a VERY even year across the competition.
GC, Adelaide and Freo improving. Port dropping.
Not sold on Colliwobbles given the age of Pendles and Sidebum. The Dogs still have Bevo and lost a couple of good players.
Hawks to stand pat given they'll have a harder draw. Carlton might be less injured this time thus make top 4? .

As for us....we were blessed with a largely injury free run and all the other teams beating each other - so finished top.
Can't see such a run like that ever happening again, let alone two years running. I think we likely finish in the 5-10 range but as to where...who bloody knows...

Interesting to see what happens in the draft, whether we try and go up the board to find a player than might get games this season, or pick a couple of talls that will take a few years to develop.

Kreuger - would be handy as depth in an area where we are crying out for consistency at the top level, having a fit him and a fit Buller banging the door down would hopefully help with that.

Think he is stiff to be delisted, I thought he would make up the Pies forward 6 with Mihocek, Cox, Elliott, Schultz and Hill

I’d back him to be better than Amartey or McLean at least.

I have a hard time seeing Kreuger kick 30+ goals in a year and I'd back McLean over Kreuger as a 2nd ruck.

Not to say we don't need better key talls but Kreuger just ain't it imo.

Does anyone imagine that we would be doing anything different in the recruiting space if we had won the Premiership?
Our list issues would be exactly the same. Our opportunities would be exactly the same. Our cap issues would be exactly the same.
The only thing that would be different would be how BF posters feel about it all.
There were/are no magic bullets out there. Our best 26 or so are damned good. Bringing in someone else's offcuts wasn't going to improve things even by 1%. Let's be real here.
Now to the draft. But again, no magic bullets. Fill the gaps, pick kids we hope will be good players sooner rather than later.
We've replaced Truslove which is a step in the right direction and have some good kids coming through the Academy in the next couple of years so there is cause for optimism.
If we can get out heads out of our ar*es.

Does anyone imagine that we would be doing anything different in the recruiting space if we had won the Premiership?
Our list issues would be exactly the same. Our opportunities would be exactly the same. Our cap issues would be exactly the same.
The only thing that would be different would be how BF posters feel about it all.
There were/are no magic bullets out there. Our best 26 or so are damned good. Bringing in someone else's offcuts wasn't going to improve things even by 1%. Let's be real here.
Now to the draft. But again, no magic bullets. Fill the gaps, pick kids we hope will be good players sooner rather than later.
We've replaced Truslove which is a step in the right direction and have some good kids coming through the Academy in the next couple of years so there is cause for optimism.
It really depends if you think the grand final debacle was mostly talent based, instead of all or any of gameplan, effort, selection, matchday coaching.

You can bring in a small forward or mid* as people suggest, but that ain't addressing the latter, though Logan aside I don't criticise the selection (Cleary or Adams the next in line).

* and we should bring in an inside mid

Yes because Warner likely leaves also leaving a big hole in our list as well as our cap.

It really depends if you think the grand final debacle was mostly talent based, instead of all or any of gameplan, effort, selection, matchday coaching.

You can bring in a small forward or mid* as people suggest, but that ain't addressing the latter, though Logan aside I don't criticise the selection (Cleary or Adams the next in line).

* and we should bring in an inside mid
I think if we simply change Amartey to a medium, Parker to a small (cleary) and replace another of the flankers with an on baller like Sheldrick and most of the issues we had with contested ball and pressure inside 50 would be solved or atleast have a workable solution possible. The best part is we have this stuff internally in Gus Cleary Campbell and could just draft better guys for that role if needed

Having Mills in the guts all of next year is equal to us adding an All Australian Midfielder into our team. Next year we boast a midfield with 4 All Australians plus the Superstar Rowy. Add in Joel & Logans natural improvement, there is no way this Team is not going top 4 again.
Im going to correct myself. This team will win the flag in 2025!

I think if we simply change Amartey to a medium, Parker to a small (cleary) and replace another of the flankers with an on baller like Sheldrick and most of the issues we had with contested ball and pressure inside 50 would be solved or atleast have a workable solution possible. The best part is we have this stuff internally in Gus Cleary Campbell and could just draft better guys for that role if needed
Why the hell would we change out our number 1 goal scorer? I dont get the hate??

The clubs seem to have a good relationship when we have traded so I’d hope we wouldn’t go down that path & it’s fair for both parties.

A ITK poster on the eagles board mentioned earlier today that if you won the GF Warner was gone & that the deal would have been 3 & our F1 for Warner & your pick which is now 22. He appears to be legit IMO
A-ha!

So that explains it.

We tanked the GF to keep Chad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell would we change out our number 1 goal scorer? I dont get the hate??
If Nicks knew a thing or two about matchups when Amartey was on 4 goals at half time then Amartey wouldn't be our leading goal kicker and he just generally is slow and gets into the leading lanes of McDonald more. I think McDonald also has more upside than Amartey but needs more pace and less key forwards in the forward line to help him out. Thats why i would change him to a medium

Im going to correct myself. This team will win the flag in 2025!
You had me with Top 4, but I don't know if I see any evidence of a change in attitude from the club yet, that gets us a flag.

Maybe the Dew attempt, but the rest of the commentary from the club is meh.

We really need three things:
1- equalise contested ball especially at stoppage and centre bounces (why we get smashed by bulldogs)
2- have a presence up forward, so we teams stack the corridor against us we have a 1:1 marking option up the line like danniher and hogan do for their teams.
3- play 4 quarter footy.

Our good is very good, but also predictable.

I can see us developing in (1) and (3) - I still see us sucking at (2) and no draftee is going to change that!!

Seems here that everyone defines players/squads etc by one game.
We had the top scoring offence in the AFL by points with the 7th best defence by points conceded but everyone seems to think it's the attacks fault we lost

It's two GF games now. Not just one.

Our tall fwds are rubbish and we don't have a key defender.

I love the faith and optimism Rusty, I really do, I just can't share it 😔
I want the old, hopeful Jewels back :(

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Having Mills in the guts all of next year is equal to us adding an All Australian Midfielder into our team. Next year we boast a midfield with 4 All Australians plus the Superstar Rowy. Add in Joel & Logans natural improvement, there is no way this Team is not going top 4 again.

That’s if our coach actually plays him there you are more confident than me there

Hole will be filled by Max King when Warner leaves anyway imo. Yes big shoes to fill but i really rate him and he has no go home factor

We will see seen so many of these academy kids horribly overrated. Edwards was the year prior to his draft. Maybe you are right but calm the expectations

I have a hard time seeing Kreuger kick 30+ goals in a year and I'd back McLean over Kreuger as a 2nd ruck.

Not to say we don't need better key talls but Kreuger just ain't it imo.

At absolute worst he’s better than having Hamling as the only depth there or a 1 game Buller.

Because his goal tally is a pretty shitful return for the number 1 key forward of his stature in the highest scoring team all year. Easy to sugarcoat when others in the team are covering his ass in terms of putting goals on the board. We all know how many goals he left on the table due to just plain shit or uncompetitive efforts.

Becuase we are too tall you want McLean out that’s fine it’s one or the other. If Amartey stays he has to ruck 20%. Our forwards are embarrassing at keeping the ball in there Paps and Hayward can’t do everything

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back