• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly disappointing trade period. In my naivety, I assumed we were still in our premiership window and the club would seek to top up with a couple of mature agers to try to give us the best chance of breaking through next year. Other clubs do this all the time. Instead we got rid of a club champion for peanuts and brought no one in.

My optimism for next year has plummeted. It appears the club has simply accepted a premiership's not to be with the current group, which seems a bit weak to me. This lack of ambition makes me more angry than the GF did :(.
Topping up with mature agers just to do it or do you want to bring in quality.
If you want to bring in quality then name the quality players we would be able to get.

Whinging about a failed trade period is like every posters offseason holiday. GF over. Trade period winds up. Time to whinge.

Adams has weaknesses but he can win the ball in tight and plays with composure under pressure. An area we get humiliated in all the time in the biggest games.
Going back to my point, in the 4 games where he had over 40% CBA, he didn't help much directly in clearances, and we got beaten considerably by the Top 8 team (Lions) we played in one of those (broke even with Suns and Dons, smashed the Crows who barely have a midfield). He did have a run with role that may have lessened the damage against the Lions so that is an option for some games.

We would have to reduce Rowy or Heeney's midfield minutes to fit Adams in more, so which is it. For me it's Heeney a bit, but for Mills, who along with Sheldrick takes some of Warner's centre bounces.

We certainly do have the talent, I think that's what hurts the most about this year.
Imagine this years lists talent, with the '05 teams guts and attitude? Unbeatable 😘
I said to someone before the GF that I think this is the most talented Swans team I have ever seen. I may still be correct. But it has not unlocked it's potential to win an entire season. That is failure. Hopefully that can be rectified in 2025.

I said to someone before the GF that I think this is the most talented Swans team I have ever seen. I may still be correct. But it has not unlocked it's potential to win an entire season. That is failure. Hopefully that can be rectified in 2025.

So at what point do we look at the obvious elephant in the room the coach? If you are right and I’m here or nay surely it’s time to say Horse it’s been a pleasure but maybe he’s not the guy to unlock the talent. For the record I’d rather take out his selection ability or at least spread the responsibilities there before doing it.

Is there one answer not sure but somewhere the buck stops at the coach. That is from selection to drafting to trading.

So at what point do we look at the obvious elephant in the room the coach? If you are right and I’m here or nay surely it’s time to say Horse it’s been a pleasure but maybe he’s not the guy to unlock the talent. For the record I’d rather take out his selection ability or at least spread the responsibilities there before doing it.

Is there one answer not sure but somewhere the buck stops at the coach. That is from selection to drafting to trading.
Yep. I think if we fix off field then we will fix on field. Now I'm not saying sack the coach. But that is an option. I actually think it is more around selections, setups etc. The talent is there. Playing lots of flankers vs more inside especially at CBs. 3 talls always. squeezing players in in non preferred positions like Parker forward in the GF when he should have been in the guts. Leaving Adams out and playing Fox or Campbell adding to more outside than inside. Gulden, Warner etc at CBs vs Parker and Adams. it goes on. I think the talent is there. I think the management of it all needs examination and change.

Realistically who do we bring in? Another Hamling or Francis type who doesn't move the needle, the more I reflect I see the logic in looking within for improvement. We saw Parker wasn't best 23 next year so let him get paid elsewhere , see if guys like Sheldrick, younger Warner etc can push in and hit the draft.

I don't think Horse can win a flag anyway but I assume the club disagree.

Realistically who do we bring in? Another Hamling or Francis type who doesn't move the needle, the more I reflect I see the logic in looking within for improvement. We saw Parker wasn't best 23 next year so let him get paid elsewhere , see if guys like Sheldrick, younger Warner etc can push in and hit the draft.

Well we can always play our KPD we brought in as a wait for it...defender! Genuine lol bringing in Hamling to play as a forward with a grand total of 0 AFL goals! You and I have as many goals!

Well we can always play our KPD we brought in as a wait for it...defender! Genuine lol bringing in Hamling to play as a forward with a grand total of 0 AFL goals! You and I have as many goals!

You answer quick

Why are we still making points like this? We know why this happened.

Well sorry to be blunt why get a defender and play him forward it is just dumb. You want a forward get a forward you want a defender get one. Then what happens our defence collapses so let’s play Francis etc

That’s on the coach or the recruiters take your pick it’s one of the two or both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could do worse than take a punt on Nathan Krueger as a DFA. Body is the question not the talent.
Things we could do worse than recruiting Nathan Krueger:

1. Recruit Jake Stringer
2. Hire Toby Greene as an events co-ordinator
3. Grand Finals

Beyond that .... I'm struggling to think of much that'd be worse than N.Krueger.

Things we could do worse than recruiting Nathan Krueger:

1. Recruit Jake Stringer
2. Hire Toby Greene as an events co-ordinator
3. Grand Finals

Beyond that .... I'm struggling to think of much that'd be worse than N.Krueger.

He can't do worse than McLean or Amartey on what they produced, he's at worst genuine tall forward depth which we have none

Well sorry to be blunt why get a defender and play him forward it is just dumb. You want a forward get a forward you want a defender get one. Then what happens our defence collapses so let’s play Francis etc

That’s on the coach or the recruiters take your pick it’s one of the two or both
We know why this happened though. You are ignoring why this occurred.

Wait what? collingwood really delisted him?

Genuinely shocked, he played a few ripping games and was as legitimate a marking target as you can get.

Yeah he got delisted was surprised yes he had injury issues but let’s not pretend Amartey doesn’t

Don't have a choice now. We have to improve from within. Hopefully we can pick up a ready made in the draft. I'm not an expert so won't pretend I know who that could be. Add Sheldrick, Cleary, Snell, Buller and Hanily. All these guys should be getting game time.next season to see how they can improve us.

The clubs seem to have a good relationship when we have traded so I’d hope we wouldn’t go down that path & it’s fair for both parties.

A ITK poster on the eagles board mentioned earlier today that if you won the GF Warner was gone & that the deal would have been 3 & our F1 for Warner & your pick which is now 22. He appears to be legit IMO
If only we won…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back