Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this goes pair shaped it's fair and squarely on the player/s they can tell you if they are good to go or not.
Blaming the MC or coach for selecting the best team trying to win...couldn't do it...it's their job.

It’s the players fault if the coach picks half a dozen under done players? The players can feel fine, doesnt mean they are match fit though, I’m less worried about players getting re-injured than i am about players being off the pace and not being able to keep up as the game goes on.

Voss has dropped several fit players and gone for several players fresh off extended injury breaks, which has also happened quite a bit this season.

The MC picks the side, when it goes right or wrong, that’s on them imo.

Crossing my fingers

Anyone watching the qualifying final tonight can see what a step up finals pressure is. Not the game to play multiple 2nd and 3rd gamers if you can avoid it.

You can substitute the words 2nd and 3rd gamers with under done and injured.

Durdin is clearly hampered by his shoulder, Cerra underdone and injury prone, Doc is a complete unknown. One of these would be fine but all three is too much. Will be a miracle if they all get through and play at a high level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just relax peeps.

If we lose it won’t be because a two-gamer isn’t in the team. Or because Cez has dodgy hammies. Or because we’re playing two rucks. Or because Durdin can’t lift his arm.

It will be because we crapped all over a perfectly good season putting us in a position where we have to either play 19 year olds or roll the dice on three dodgy hamstrings, an ACL, a quad and a bung foot and lung. We never recovered from that GWS game.

I’ll be very relaxed because I have zero expectations.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hipwood can be a bit of a gumby but at 202 cm (6.8 in the old) and fairly mobile I'm not sure that Kemp matches up on him that well.

I dont really rate Hipwood, doesnt get much of the ball, doesnt kick many goals and goes missing regularly, i think another mid type player would better balance the side.

Im nervous about who Voss chooses as sub

interesting that they subbed him out. Must have had major concerns about something happening. Why do you think so many posters on here are over the moon that A Russell is moving on.
So if we go 40 points up tomorrw and 3QT, and sub Doc out, it'll be because we have major concerns about him getting hurt? Or is smart man management?

You stated that he hasn't played a decent game ALL year and I showed you stats showing that he had. That's the criteria that you chose, Oh goodness. I'm not a big fan of Champion Data rankings (did you see their abysmal All Australian team) and don't particularly know or care what a ranking of 13 means. If he has 20+ touches, 5 clearances and five tackles he'll have paid his way and contributed more than Lord would have been able to. If he breaks down then it's a gamble that has failed. That is, assuming that he actually plays.
LOl

Ok I will write precisely what I mean because I didn’t realise we were conducting a research paper.

Given Cerra has done his hamstring 5 times in roughly 13 months I would think he is like a ROUGHLY 2/3 chance of getting through the game. If he was the only player at risk then it would be more understandable. The cumulative probability of injuries given risks to MCG Saad Williams TDK Doc Fantasia Durdin makes the Cerra risk very difficult to fathom. Not if he was pre hamstring 2023. Walk him straight in. But he hasnt played anywhere near that ALL year. So his output at best given this years form is slightly better than Lord offensively and a lot worse than him defensively. So I don’t get it.

It’s a reasonable point to hold. In a general sense. For those who choose to not be pedantic and ridiculous.

No one but the usual “I am right” contrarians could argue it’s a strange ****ing decision.

I dont really rate Hipwood, doesnt get much of the ball, doesnt kick many goals and goes missing regularly, i think another mid type player would better balance the side.

Im nervous about who Voss chooses as sub
If Kemp plays on Hipwood then Fagan just plonks him in the square and we get a whole bunch of "why does Voss play Kemp on the wrong match up" commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back