Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really rate Hipwood, doesnt get much of the ball, doesnt kick many goals and goes missing regularly, i think another mid type player would better balance the side.

Im nervous about who Voss chooses as sub
I'm nervous about anything Voss does with selection. Playing half fit, out of form name players started our slump. Went from the best 4th qtr team to struggling after one good qtr. Voss simply doesn't have the nuts when it come to selection. Motlop, Durdin and Fantasia will be lucky to get 20 touches between them (Motlop due to a lack of footy this year). Our best tagger dropped. Cerra was struggling before with missing too many matches. Yet fit blokes who are flying, Lord, Binns and Moir are dropped. West Coast won a flag in 2018 with 6 top blokes out, but the key is they played a fit team. Between Voss/MC and a fitness bloke who has crushed us this season is going to be an utter waste.

Staggered at selection. I knew they’d need to make some tough calls but not this.

My fear is the young boys brought an energy back into our team that had clearly gone stale. I think we needed to find a balance with that youth and seasoned bodies.

I really don’t see how we get up with this team so underdone. Hope i’m wrong.

The same ‘form’ that couldn’t beat St Kilda?
Think about it. You keep the one's in form. Lord, Binns were in great form. Moir great as sub and would be good there again. Instead we have brought back a half match fit Cerra, who struggled last time due to missing too much footy, left out of form Motlop, Fantasia and Durdin in. Don't care what anyone says, no way Doc will be anywhere close to match fit, not to mention having had 3 knee recos and just 6 months months after the last one.

Give me fit with form any day.

I’m pretty disappointed with selection.
I understand that we need to take some risk, given who has been out injured, but I think they’ve overdone it.

Cincotta is extremely stiff, especially given how poor Motlop was last week.
He looked so unfit. 4 touches, and consistently got run off. Love him as a player, but I don’t think you can take somebody so unfit into a final.

And then there’s Cerra.
Who is a gun player, but given his multiple recent hamstring injuries, and mediocre at best form after coming back from his second hammy this year, I just can’t trust to help us win a final.
I would have been more confident with Lord, or even Bot.

I think those two decisions exacerbate the risk we’re taking bringing back the likes of Doc and TDK.

I’m pretty disappointed with selection.
I understand that we need to take some risk, given who has been out injured, but I think they’ve overdone it.

Cincotta is extremely stiff, especially given how poor Motlop was last week.
He looked so unfit. 4 touches, and consistently got run off. Love him as a player, but I don’t think you can take somebody so unfit into a final.

And then there’s Cerra.
Who is a gun player, but given his multiple recent hamstring injuries, and mediocre at best form after coming back from his second hammy this year, I just can’t trust to help us win a final.
I would have been more confident with Lord, or even Bot.

I think those two decisions exacerbate the risk we’re taking bringing back the likes of Doc and TDK.

Good points. It’s disappointing. I truly felt we would pick a side capable of applying 4 quarters of pressure. It’s very hard to see that happening. Feels like the Hawks game now. Lots of risk.

So what? Any one selection would result in the same answer. People are allowed to make comment on individual moves without your drive by expert comments.

Perhaps you should go back through the exchange before you decide to drive a scooter

Perhaps rather than calling people contrarians, you may find your own consistent opinion

Think about it. You keep the one's in form. Lord, Binns were in great form. Moir great as sub and would be good there again. Instead we have brought back a half match fit Cerra, who struggled last time due to missing too much footy, left out of form Motlop, Fantasia and Durdin in. Don't care what anyone says, no way Doc will be anywhere close to match fit, not to mention having had 3 knee recos and just 6 months months after the last one.

Give me fit with form any day.
I agree Motlop should have been dropped. Cincotta in for me. Fantasia was good. Durdin survives for team balance as he applies pressure.

Binns was fine but he was far from ‘great’. Comes out for Docherty.

Lord played 62% TOG against St Kilda - so I’m not sure it can be argued that he is more fit than Cerra.

It is no doubt a risky approach, but we are not beating a mature Brisbane side at the Gabba with the team we played against St Kilda (and lost).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our selections by Voss & MC is combination of lunacy & cowardice.
Pick the “names” regardless of form & hide behind it’s the “strongest team” on paper.
When it goes to shit, they will hide behind the high performance coach that has just been sacked - “injuries just didn’t let us perform at our peak” which isn’t there fault & they’ve sacked the person responsible.

I don’t care if it’s a kid, being injury free & playing with desperation & intent is key.

Cinc personifies that, Lord with the most pressure acts does to.
Moir deserves a chance to show what he can do on his last performance given those he would replace have either been injured or a dead set liability with effort & out put.

Just so dumb, we somehow made it in, with zero expectation it’s the perfect opportunity to back those who have worked there asses off and expose kids to finals.

Worst case is we lose but get some exposure into kids & show reward for effort.
As it stands, we learn & gain nothing with this team if it gets rolled & possibly create more damaging injuries across the field due to load.

The attacks on Cez is embarrassing
To be fair, most the posts I have seen haven't been attacks.

Most posts highlight he is a "gun" player when fit and in form, but unfortunatly this season hasn't been his season due to injuries and form.

There is nothing wrong with that, if a player can't get consistently on the park to get in form due to his injuries it doesn't discredit what value he brings when his gets a clean run.

I think the point most people are trying to make, myself included, is why bring him into a finals game off his second hamstring when his form has been poor. It could potentially affect rotations or players available if he goes down again because he is underdone.

Get him fit and firing for next season and he can show what a quality player he is leading into and during our finals games that season

Zero attack from me on Cerra. I think he was our best player for most of last year. He has been terribly terribly mis managed this past 13 months. I feel sorry for him. They just keep wheeling him out and he breaks down. Then they all seem shocked. Analytically I have no idea why they expect it to change. What’s been done differently in such a short period to warrant believing he’s a good bet to get through? The criticisms I have are (a) of his selection given his circumstances and (b) their woeful injury mgt of him.

Our selections by Voss & MC is combination of lunacy & cowardice.
Pick the “names” regardless of form & hide behind it’s the “strongest team” on paper.
When it goes to shit, they will hide behind the high performance coach that has just been sacked - “injuries just didn’t let us perform at our peak” which isn’t there fault & they’ve sacked the person responsible.

I don’t care if it’s a kid, being injury free & playing with desperation & intent is key.

Cinc personifies that, Lord with the most pressure acts does to.
Moir deserves a chance to show what he can do on his last performance given those he would replace have either been injured or a dead set liability with effort & out put.

Just so dumb, we somehow made it in, with zero expectation it’s the perfect opportunity to back those who have worked there asses off and expose kids to finals.

Worst case is we lose but get some exposure into kids & show reward for effort.
As it stands, we learn & gain nothing with this team if it gets rolled & possibly create more damaging injuries across the field due to load.

No one “deserves” anything mate. Especially young kids that have barely played senior footy before.

Yes, there is an element of energy but young kids like Moir, Lord & Binns will get their opportunity. Saturday night is not it though and rightly so.

We’re about to walk into one of the most hostile environments in AFL footy in a high pressure elimination final.

You HAVE to bring your experienced guns in if they’re ticked off and ready to go by the conditioning team.

It’s a no brainer. Selections are good.

We’ll win.

I'm nervous about anything Voss does with selection. Playing half fit, out of form name players started our slump. Went from the best 4th qtr team to struggling after one good qtr. Voss simply doesn't have the nuts when it come to selection. Motlop, Durdin and Fantasia will be lucky to get 20 touches between them (Motlop due to a lack of footy this year). Our best tagger dropped. Cerra was struggling before with missing too many matches. Yet fit blokes who are flying, Lord, Binns and Moir are dropped. West Coast won a flag in 2018 with 6 top blokes out, but the key is they played a fit team. Between Voss/MC and a fitness bloke who has crushed us this season is going to be an utter waste.
Too logical. Our MC doesn’t deal in logic.

No one “deserves” anything mate. Especially young kids that have barely played senior footy before.

Yes, there is an element of energy but young kids like Moir, Lord & Binns will get their opportunity. Saturday night is not it though and rightly so.

We’re about to walk into one of the most hostile environments in AFL footy in a high pressure elimination final.

You HAVE to bring your experienced guns in if they’re ticked off and ready to go by the conditioning team.

It’s a no brainer. Selections are good.

We’ll win.
You “deserve” to be selected when you perform at a higher level then those who play a similar position.

So your theory is that those who have not been performing well in a lower pressure situation will be do better in a higher pressure environment.

Conversely those who have been doing well, will falter because of lack of experience not demonstrated ability.

I’ll take demonstrated form every time, it’s funny how the kids are all not fit or physically capable of finals footy, but the raft of blokes who have been injured and haven’t been playing are somehow fitter & more physically capable than them 🤔

Of course we just have to “trust the club” because they are right so often & have earned our unwavering devotion & belief with there consistency & stellar performance.

Remember, if u don’t agree with the MC & Voss u are a bad supporter & don’t want the club to win

Well looking at Tom in the Pitto mic’d up you’d say he was playing for sure. Which is awesome!

Back 7: Cowan Saad Weiters Young MCG Newman Ollie

Mids: Pitto Cripps Walsh Cerra Hewett Acres Doc

Forwards: McKay TDK Kemp Fantasia Durdin Motlop Williams Lij

Sub Kennedy

Looks awesome on paper. If we only have one injury we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back