Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowan Weitering Newman
Saad Mcgovern Hollands
Acres Cripps Binns
Elijah Mckay Motlop
Kemp Curnow Williams

TDK Hewett Walsh

Kennedy, Lord, Cincotta, Carrol/Pitto (if TDK can not ruck 4 qtrs)

Sub: Moir

I am sticking with Carrol over Durdin, Cerra and Martin based on the fitness and durability of the other 3 and the fact Moir already can't play 4 Qtrs

Cowan Weitering Newman
Saad Mcgovern Hollands
Acres Cripps Binns
Elijah Mckay Motlop
Kemp Curnow Williams

TDK Hewett Walsh

Kennedy, Lord, Cincotta, Carrol/Pitto (if TDK can not ruck 4 qtrs)

Sub: Moir

I am sticking with Carrol over Durdin, Cerra and Martin based on the fitness and durability of the other 3 and the fact Moir already can't play 4 Qtrs
Martin plays if he proves his fitness....

In one way i think maybe we could have incidentally refreshed about 6-8 players who could have a good run from here on down.

In another more morbid way I think its Young's turn for a kick on the siren and miss to add to the collection of defenders who cant take a 'moment' as they say. The curse will finish when Weitering alo misses his moment to decide a game.

Our brand is fast becoming softist, failurish and exquisite joy for opponent supporters who love to glee in our demise. I say it aloud as i want them to change that brand they are developing.

In fairness, injuries have killed this team but that is forgotten in the annuls of history (well by every non Carlton supporter).

I;m not really sure how they do it as Weitering and Walsh look burnt out. Cerra cant trust his body or even be rdy. And we will if we want TDK have to play 2 rucks and lose the run. Is this extra chance one extra chance for another key moment to unfold at our expense.

I ask of my team to bring scorched earth in this next game and puck Brisbane up. Win or lose i mean give it hell. Only then can i forgive this team their brand they are developing.

I know that it's sacrosanct here but has Kemp really emerged as a 2nd/3rd tall forward option? Did O.K. against the Eagles but let's be honest they showed no midfield pressure and I think the Eagles went on their end of season trip, at least mentally, a few weeks ago.

He was at best average yesterday. Competed well but never looked likely, dropped one he should have taken in the last and then missed a near on certainty which would have sealed the game.

I'd clearly have a fit Martin (as a 3rd forward) in front of him, but that ship seems to have sailed. Wouldn't be too long before Moir overtakes him as well. I personally think that he might be an o.k. 2nd forward if either Charlie or Harry weren't available but I couldn't see him working as a third tall forward because I'm not sure that he has the smarts and mobility to add to the structure as opposed to crowd it.

Anyway I hope that he can prove me wrong.
Fair points. I mainly like that he competed his guts out and chased feverishly. Gave me Jack S vibes.

Wilkie and Battle took 2 intercept marks between them. TWO. They average 5 a game. I expected 6-7 with Kemp going at it solo.

Was a Herculean effort by Kemp and not to be under estimated in why we stayed in the game. They couldn’t launch like they’d like to on the back of intercepting marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got 4 membership bar codes you can use for the presale
2 Adults, a concession and a child ticket.

They never look at the tickets when you go in so getting an Adult in on a concession and junior should be no issue.

I went to the dogs game at Marvel and paid for 4 children tickets as I could only get standing room, junior/children were free that day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Only if you go in with the crowd. Had a mate turn up late once, with a kids ticket. Didint go well.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Add to that I reckon Moir could not have done more as sub so I'd suggest at least retained in that capacity and the question is can he handle more TOG?
Agree. I’ve been so impressed with his intent, movement, influence and IQ. Only the club would know how much TOG he can handle, but I’d be keen to push that limit. And obviously just hope he stays in. I know it’s early but he seems to have ‘it’.

Ins: McKay Curnow Williams McGovern
Out: Owies Durdin Fantasia Carroll

No playing Martin Cerra Marchbank
TDK likely another week away

Cincotta Young McGovern
Newman Weitering Saad
Cowan O.Hollands-def/wing

Pittonet Cripps Hewett
Acres Lord Walsh
Kennedy

Williams McKay E.Hollands
Kemp Curnow Motlop