Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cincotta has done the job on Bobby Hill vs Pies so why not Charlie Cameron?

Last year I thought we lost a lot of run/drive from half back by having Saad on Cameron in the PF as he was often in the defensive goal square.

Rayner & Bailey will be important match ups as well.

Lions get lots of drive from HB and the middle, I'd shut down that source, but Cincotta would also be a reasonable choice for Cameron

Young is great without the ball...

With it he unfortunately becomes like an elephant on roller skates that's also being chased by a mouse.
Maybe if lots of people say the above . then it becomes conventional wisdom , heaps of people jump on the subject and we have a new whipping boy but Footywire stats show Young's disposal efficiency this season as 75.4% ...Weitering's is 77.6. I concede that disposals includes handballs and Young's disposals by foot don't match Weitering's but he is nowhere near as bad as posters on here claim
Young is great without the ball...

With it he unfortunately becomes like an elephant on roller skates that's also being chased by a mouse.

Last year I thought we lost a lot of run/drive from half back by having Saad on Cameron in the PF as he was often in the defensive goal square.

I'm more worried about Lohmann... seems to always pop up when they need a spark. He's a good overhead mark and kicks goals on the run as well as from set.

The Brisbane players will be s...ing themselves and rightly so. Carlton have played them wonderfully well the last 2 times on their home surface and will be underdogs which is when we play our best footy. Wouldn't be at all suprised to see us get the choccies and go down the next week against a fired up Sydney or GWS. But, if we happen to win both....woweee.

He is moving brilliantly isn't he, just goes to show how stark the difference was when playing injured under Teague etc. to when he's fit.

It's looked like he's played with a piano on his back at times in his career so seeing him move like he is is just brilliant.
Can only imagine how a fresh Crippa will go coming off a week's break. He'll be ready to run through a brick wall.

Lions get lots of drive from HB and the middle, I'd shut down that source, but Cincotta would also be a reasonable choice for Cameron
I definitely want Cincotta in the 22 and running with whichever of their guns we most want to try and shut out. Or if we can't decide which have him on the bench to move on as a "cooler" to whoever starts hurting us. To have him as sub would mean we couldn't do this without subbing someone off which you simply wouldn't do absent injury or later in the game. My preference is to have him start a run with role but the question is on who? I don't see anyone else to go with Cameron except Saad but if we use Saad in that role we probably lose his drive to a large extent which I for one don't want. So for me Cincotta to Cameron, find someone else to sit on Zorko - question is who - and Hewett on Neal or McCluggage. Depending on how much we want to tag we might sit someone - Lord or Cowan perhaps - on the other of those 2.

Last edited:

Just get it right Carlton
Get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only imagine how a fresh Crippa will go coming off a week's break. He'll be ready to run through a brick wall.
San Fermin Hello GIF by Looney Tunes

Those attending have a very important role.
We always have really good support in Brisbane/Gold Coast. The Prelim last yr was close to 50-50. It was in Bris favour, but for an interstate away game it was crazy close. Could have been close to 60-40 or even 55-45 ratio.

Brisbane fans were whinging in the ground asking why they sold so many tickets to Carlton fans, I enjoyed hearing that.

Last edited:
We'll be loud, Baggers. Promise! Bring the noise and invite the boys to feed off that energy.

We're up against it, but I'm feeling slightly optimistic given:
  • We know we can beat them at the Gabba now
  • They've not in the greatest form (let's hope these goal-kicking woes continue for them)
  • We are running out the games a bit better this year
Sure, we're in so-so form and are getting some guys coming back from injury (more than we'd like) but this time last year we were clearly running on fumes and momentum. This year, we've got less momentum but more 'fitness' - well at least from those ones on the field right now (Crippa, Acres for example).

Anything can happen next week. If we can have a strong lead up and our 'INs' are truly fit, I have faith Crippa and Vossy can get them up.

Start strong. Maintain the pressure. Feed off the supporters in the crowd. Take our chances.

Do that and we can rattle them. Win this and it'll catapult our momentum.

But I'm very much in a low expectations state. Would love to win but after our massive fade the last 2 months, just being here in a final is a bonus.

I wouldn’t want to play Carlton.

Too many fresh weapons.

What is there to lose?

TA

Exactly. Imagine a 'fresh' TdK, Harry and Charlie in the next 4 weeks. Now that is going to take some containing....

ps. We also believe Cripps is in great shape and the week off will be just perfect. Bring on the lions next week - I'm excited.

Exactly. Imagine a 'fresh' TdK, Harry and Charlie in the next 4 weeks. Now that is going to take some containing....

ps. We also believe Cripps is in great shape and the week off will be just perfect. Bring on the lions next week - I'm excited.
FWIW, living in Brisbane, the passionate Lions fans I know are waaaay more nervous than they were before the preliminary.

We always have really good support in Brisbane/Gold Coast. The Prelim last yr was close to 50-50. It was in Bris favour, but for an interstate away game it was crazy close. Could have been close to 60-40 or even 55-45 ratio.

Brisbane fans were whinging in the ground asking why they sold so many tickets to Carlton fans, I enjoyed hearing that.
It is the worst place to watch a game.
The crowd are abusive and we have listen to that ****ing music after a Bear scores a goal every time.... drives me nuts...
Plus it's always free transport on trains / busses etc for a game and if we lose the wife and I cop it on the way home as we always decked out in our Blues gear...
But we take it...

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back