Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine a world where Cinc doesnt play, expect him to come in for Durdin.

Also think having TDK in the squad confuses things for the lions structurally, just some gamesmanship. Don't think we'll play both of TDK/Pitt, we've learned that lesson, maybe Moir may comes in as sub for one of them to round it off.

Lads, time to stop shit-canning match selection and get over it. Can't change it now and irrespective, it's time to back in whoever dons the shirt on Saturday and support the team. All 23 will be doing their best to win as they know what's on the line.
Yeah nah!!!

Reward players for what they have been doing. What kind of message does this send to our youth. Omitted hey, yeah it’s a shit show

Sure he has ability but he’s had a shocking year. Cannot hit a target to save himself which is his main attribute.

Selection goes beyond ‘most talented’ anyway, it should be about who is performing their role & bringing their full effort, can run out a game etc.

The blokes had 5 hamstrings in 12 months, just put him on ice ffs.
My point is that his stats are better than Lord’s even in a shocking year

He’s put his hand up, the fitness guys have ticked him off, there’s no next week if we lose.

That’s a move I make 100/100 times

Right or Wrong Voss is very much about picking the tried and true. He always backs in his core group and rarely plays kids

The only reason Lord Moir Binns have played is because of a massive injury list

Only time will tell if i's the right decision or not

Re the bolded. I agree with this and can't help but think that the selections tonight may have been different had we had a selection policy of blooding some of these kids throughout the year and not through necessity at the end.

I don't think they're ready for finals selection and much of that is because of unimaginative selection policies and poor development strategies throughout the home and away season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right or Wrong Voss is very much about picking the tried and true. He always backs in his core group and rarely plays kids

Time has already told. Bringing Cottrell straight in after 6 weeks without footy was a terrible decision and Cerra should have played in the VFL to get some touch. MC had ample opportunity to blood Binns and Lord across the season but chose more experienced players out of form.

They have just done the same thing now. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping it provides a different result.

Cook needs to blow through the MC and get people in there who actually reward form.

I'll be hoping it pays off but can't see why it would be any different from the home and away season.

Contrast this with Sam Mitchell. No coincidence they are playing so well when most had them bottom 3.

Wow, talk about taking a Big Swing/ Risk

6 players coming in when they have been off injured..

Aside from my personal opinion on rushing players in and its fallout historically, I do not see why Cerra is in that team line up. His form this year is a shadow of what he is capable of and I can't see how that is turned around in a finals game...

He should get his body right and start a fresh next year and reshow everyone what he is capable of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back