Game Day 2024 Elimination Final: Hawks v Dogs 7:40pm. @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else got consistent low level butterflies about the game this afternoon? Every time I think about it I've got em again.

We're going into this game without, on form, our 2nd best midfielder and our first choice midfielder outside of our core 4 guys. Even though that's tough to get through, the upshot is that the engine of the team is unaffected. Our best "get centre clearance" lineup is Newc, Worpel and Nash. We're definitely lacking outside class, but we have enough through the flanks to compensate for that.

I also think that Ward is something of a wildcard. When you bring in a guy like Morrison, you know what you're going to get from him - Ward is still young enough that a break out game could happen. He would 100% know that this is the type of game that can make or break him as a player, and he's hard working and tenacious enough that he could rise to it.

It's gonna be a tough final, hope we can take it right up to them and their AA studded midfield.

Bullies are favourites and perhaps rightly so.
The key questions for me, and there are 2..
1: Can our undersized KPDs handle their tall forwards? Darcy in particular, could be a worry if he gets off the chain.
3: Can our mosquito fleet of forwards cause enough chaos to win the day? Would love to see the Wiz light it up.
Comes down to the midfield, as always. Win the clearances, get first use and we are on the way. Newk and Worps are going to have to be massive tonight.

Anyone else got consistent low level butterflies about the game this afternoon? Every time I think about it I've got em again.

We're going into this game without, on form, our 2nd best midfielder and our first choice midfielder outside of our core 4 guys. Even though that's tough to get through, the upshot is that the engine of the team is unaffected. Our best "get centre clearance" lineup is Newc, Worpel and Nash. We're definitely lacking outside class, but we have enough through the flanks to compensate for that.

I also think that Ward is something of a wildcard. When you bring in a guy like Morrison, you know what you're going to get from him - Ward is still young enough that a break out game could happen. He would 100% know that this is the type of game that can make or break him as a player, and he's hard working and tenacious enough that he could rise to it.

It's gonna be a tough final, hope we can take it right up to them and their AA studded midfield.
I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be. I'm confident we can win, but also feel if we do lose, it's still been an amazing season. In that regard, it feels like a free hit. We don't have nearly the same weight of expectation that the Dogs do, so hoping that plays to our advantage.

I expect the players to still go in with the mindset of needing to win as you need to take every opportunity to win a flag when it presents itself. But as fans, we can afford to relax a little given we have already far exceeded any expectation for the season.

what kits are the hawks wearing tonight? guessing it's traditional jumper with away shorts being lower seed? is it decided by afl or a coin flip or rankings these days??

I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be. I'm confident we can win, but also feel if we do lose, it's still been an amazing season. In that regard, it feels like a free hit. We don't have nearly the same weight of expectation that the Dogs do, so hoping that plays to our advantage.

I expect the players to still go in with the mindset of needing to win as you need to take every opportunity to win a flag when it presents itself. But as fans, we can afford to relax a little given we have already far exceeded any expectation for the season.
Tough to have as much expectation on you as the dogs do. After stealing one a bit too early, every year they get closer to having wasted arguably the best player of the past decade. Their newly sured up backline has a few too many older blokes on their way out, no guarantee this revitalised defence makes it through to next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All week I’ve been viewing this as a free hit. Second youngest list and a ripper season to propel us into contending for years to come.

Now that it’s Friday though I WANT US TO WIN

Ha, ha, same. I keep telling myself it's great to be back in the finals, just enjoy it.. but nerves are now setting in because I really want the win!

Cannot wait for this game to start! Who's actually being productive at work today? Lol Newc to own the midfield tonight, Hawks by 39.
I have had a very productive day at work for the last hour having a giggle at the PA board, bloody hell have they gone feral.

Perfect description. I am expecting relief from this condition at 7.40pm.

I haven't been this nervous since 2013 GF, got butterflies the size of gorillas jumping around in my guts. Will be all in at 7.30 but till then its gonna be a long day!
Go you young things, "stick it right up em."

Absolutely nervous excitement to the brim.

If we just snuck in and there were some standout teams at the top I think I'd just be happy to be here, but there's not, and it feels like rather than sneaking in the back door we've kicked in the front door of the top 8 guns blazing ready for anything.

Someone is going to Bradbury their way to this flag, why not us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back