Game Day 2024 Elimination Final: Hawks v Dogs 7:40pm. @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus, was the player im most worried about, that would be huge
It helps but I honestly don't have too much stress through the middle. My biggest worry is that we win the centre battle and bomb it in like the GWS game. Lobb and Jones aren't the best defenders in the league but individually Jones is a good match up for Dear, and Lobb is the type of guy that Chol will struggle against aerially if it's coming in high.

Jones sort of plays Taylor-ish, not nearly the same level but defends the same way. I think Dear is gonna struggle to find space to run and jump. If we can lower the eyes I think Chol can really exploit the Lobb match up, but the Dogs are so good defensively around the stoppage that it's going to be tough.

No matter what happens, no matter which end of the ground, we need the ball to hit the deck. That's going to be the biggest key in this game.

I can’t make it to Melbourne tonight…would love to be there.

I implore every single one of you that reads this… please stay to the end even if the result doesn’t go our way.

Please cheer and chant to the very end. Drown out that opposition.

At no stage turn on our boys and please don’t ever jeer or Bronx one.

Applaud this group from the ground. Please thank them for the joy they have bought us all. Show appreciation for the fight they’ve shown.

This group has bought us so much more than any of us would’ve ever dreamed of.

Make sure they know and feel how much we appreciate them.

I have had a very productive day at work for the last hour having a giggle at the PA board, bloody hell have they gone feral.
Yes, the sack Hinkley thread is a perennial favorite. I'll be sad when he's gone. This year they are casting a wider net.

Anyone else got consistent low level butterflies about the game this afternoon? Every time I think about it I've got em again.

We're going into this game without, on form, our 2nd best midfielder and our first choice midfielder outside of our core 4 guys. Even though that's tough to get through, the upshot is that the engine of the team is unaffected. Our best "get centre clearance" lineup is Newc, Worpel and Nash. We're definitely lacking outside class, but we have enough through the flanks to compensate for that.

I also think that Ward is something of a wildcard. When you bring in a guy like Morrison, you know what you're going to get from him - Ward is still young enough that a break out game could happen. He would 100% know that this is the type of game that can make or break him as a player, and he's hard working and tenacious enough that he could rise to it.

It's gonna be a tough final, hope we can take it right up to them and their AA studded midfield.
interestingly i was far more nervous about North game all week. Just so desperately wanted to get into the 8, so would've been utterly ridiculous to stumble at the last hurdle to a side like North. Supremely confident about tonight. While i'd be shattered if we lost I'd also remain extremely proud of the playing group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t make it to Melbourne tonight…would love to be there.

I implore every single one of you that reads this… please stay to the end even if the result doesn’t go our way.

Please cheer and chant to the very end. Drown out that opposition.

At no stage turn on our boys and please don’t ever jeer or Bronx one.

Applaud this group from the ground. Please thank them for the joy they have bought us all. Show appreciation for the fight they’ve shown.

This group has bought us so much more than any of us would’ve ever dreamed of.

Make sure they know and feel how much we appreciate them.
To summarise, don't be like Port fans!

Can only go off what I heard.
And if he does play, he's far from 100%
Can't say if he will or won't play, but a player could have a broken leg and would still tell everyone they're right to go! Especially in a final.

Game day!!!

Heading into Richmond shortly to remove some of these pre game butterfly's.

Hawks to light up the MCG early, in front of a sold out crowd brown and gold strong!

Hey lads, I'm thinking to go in early. Would anyone know what time the players warm up on the ground before their run outs . Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back