Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading 2 guys who hurt you to 2 guys who have probably hurt you before and will almost certainly hurt you again....

It's a bold strategy
Yeah those are going to have to be updated now. I have Gawn.

Think I'll go this way and bring in a 23rd 'premo', might be a POD given that most will hold Heeney and field a rookie, Moyle doesn't have a bad run over the next 2-3, hopefully Witt's timeframe for a return matches Max's, if not then it's not a hard upgrade to TDK, Moyles BE is pretty low and might just make some cash along the way.

Going with Moore as the in but seriously considering Jez Cameron as someone who has a high ceiling and a very juicy run coming up

The extra premo could be handy on the run home and gives the ability to loop Simpkin/Jackson plus all of my suss mids.

1720478038784.png

Think I'll go this way and bring in a 23rd 'premo', might be a POD given that most will hold Heeney and field a rookie, Moyle doesn't have a bad run over the next 2-3, hopefully Witt's timeframe for a return matches Max's, if not then it's not a hard upgrade to TDK, Moyles BE is pretty low and might just make some cash along the way.

Going with Moore as the in but seriously considering Jez Cameron as someone who has a high ceiling and a very juicy run coming up

The extra premo could be handy on the run home and gives the ability to loop Simpkin/Jackson plus all of my suss mids.

View attachment 2043200
I'm sitting on something similar as of this morning. I can bring in Nank and Dempsey or TDK and Moore/Miers. If I bring in TDK do I really want him for the rest of the year? Probably not.

I cant believe i'm doing it, but i can just get from Sexton to Steele, so probably putting Steele into the midfield (swinging Flanders up forward to make room in the mids). If the Saints can turn it around after last week, then Steele, SInclair etc might clean up over the next few weeks.

Got English already.
What ruck are we thinking? I keep changing Xerri to RoMa. I know RoMa been average but I know how good he can be, Xerri has a hard matchup this week. Tough hmmm. Or are we going Nank, TDK or Grundy?

Got English already.
What ruck are we thinking? I keep changing Xerri to RoMa. I know RoMa been average but I know how good he can be, Xerri has a hard matchup this week. Tough hmmm. Or are we going Nank, TDK or Grundy?
I already have Grundy, so I've gone Gawn to RoMa.

Yeah those are going to have to be updated now. I have Gawn.
I had Gawn - for 17 and zero rounds - damn, was hoping he's roll through the whole season.

Already have Kreuger, so can swing him there for the time being, with Cameron a possible out with ribs, can see him getting some more time in the thick of it - can do some juicy upgrades next week too.

Gawn to Mannagh
Will Graham to Tom Stewart

It's a weird move, but nothing much really to lose at this point.

Last edited:
My only flag with Kennedy is that Vossy loves throwing him the vest randomly

On the Saints talk, if we wanna go super risky Pou is dirt cheap and finally looked good in the mids yesterday, obviously not gonna ton up every game but if he can get you 80s you’d be happy and it gives you enough cash to luxury trade for the second one
Posted this yesterday, and I'm getting more tempted by it, there's a legit chance that Pou may match any of the forwards priced in the 600s, even if he knocks in a 70.

As mentioned above, it gives me enough to get an uber mid in for the second trade by upgrading Berry who's been shunted back to the wing.

So could go

Freijah to Pou
Berry to mid, possibly Neale or Zerrett

Also going half overall half matchup focused with this, I'm outside the 8 on percentage only in one of my leagues with three games to go, so have to go risky to try and pinch a finals spot

or if i do wanna go the midpricer route, it'll be something like this- this feels safer and less risky

Berry to Cogs (great value and he and Green will be the big two set mids at GWS, the third has been rotated since Jelly went down again, Cogs probably tons up last week if he didn't cop a tag)
Freijah to Brad Hill (a lot of lean scores but his Marvel record this season has been solid and Saints don't leave there for the rest of the year)

Last edited:
Posted this yesterday, and I'm getting more tempted by it, there's a legit chance that Pou may match any of the forwards priced in the 600s, even if he knocks in a 70.

As mentioned above, it gives me enough to get an uber mid in for the second trade by upgrading Berry who's been shunted back to the wing.

So could go

Freijah to Pou
Berry to mid, possibly Neale or Zerrett

Also going half overall half matchup focused with this, I'm outside the 8 on percentage only in one of my leagues with three games to go, so have to go risky to try and pinch a finals spot

or if i do wanna go the midpricer route, it'll be something like this- this feels safer and less risky

Berry to Cogs (great value and he and Green will be the big two set mids at GWS, the third has been rotated since Jelly went down again, Cogs probably tons up last week if he didn't cop a tag)
Freijah to Brad Hill (a lot of lean scores but his Marvel record this season has been solid and Saints don't leave there for the rest of the year)
He changed the game in the 4th Qtr, Pou. Against Sydney no less - a really good punt I think. Been working hard at Sandy. Don't think it is a flash in the pan. I just can't fade Mannagh with around -30BE, and capable of 70-100 against Collingwood this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He changed the game in the 4th Qtr, Pou. Against Sydney no less - a really good punt I think. Been working hard at Sandy. Don't think it is a flash in the pan. I just can't fade Mannagh with around -30BE, and capable of 70-100 against Collingwood this week.
Would love to get Mannagh as a downgrade but it limits my second trade options

Jez Cameron i considered at the start of the week and I may go back to him, has a juicy run with some weak defences ahead

Pretty simple this week. Means holding Brevilleand Frejiah for a other week, but should be able to double upgrade them next week and finally be done with rooks on field.
91134f31597cfe9e37f711f06ba6aed9.jpg

Pretty simple this week. Means holding Brevilleand Frejiah for another week, but should be able to double upgrade them next week and finally be done with rooks on field.
91134f31597cfe9e37f711f06ba6aed9.jpg
Surely you don’t want that much cash sitting off field this late during the rounds?

Surely you don’t want that much cash sitting off field this late during the rounds?
Know what you are saying, and ordinarily I'd feel similar, but this seems a bit extraordinary to get Mannagh AND to try and not lose any more value in Sexton - Mannagh should equal or exceed Sexton's score (if played) based on form, being mature age, tackle propensity, scoring potential, depleted opposition etc....

Ton-runs.

The curse is in play now for just one player for Rnd 17:
Rowan Marshall.

There are potentially quite a few players entering the 3 ton run curse next week, maybe.........
Ton-runs.
Fail Run Over GIF

Rowan Marshall owners are happy - he beat the 3 Ton Curse and now has a 4 Ton Run going. Flanders 4 Ton Run fell foul last week, but Whitfield kept his going to now be on a 5 Ton Run. The majority of 2 Ton Runs got through last round to test the 3 Ton Run curse this week:

The curse is in play now for seven players for Rnd 18:

Dunkley, Bontempelli, P.Cripps, T.Green, Caldwell, L.Neale and M.Kennedy

Who do you have who won't beat the curse this week? History suggests 4 or 5 are unlikely to keep their run going.

Last edited:
Really struggling with this ruck decision. Have Gawn And RoMa currently. Can't split English/Xerri/Nank for the gawn replacement. Help pls!
I have RoMa / Xerri so take this with a pinch of salt.

I think Nank is fine but is maxed in price and potential. He has had a good run of games recently and the Darcy injury to explain his uptick, but historically has never been this good. Tigers are done for the year so could see some adjustment / regression. At his price I would skip.

Xerri had Moyle, but has been very consistent this year. Would feel a bit gross getting him now given the value before but he is a star. Similar issue of late season shenanigans though.

English I think has the best balance of history, form and fixture.
He is also cheaper, so if you’re not able to split for any other reason that seems as good as any.

Why not Grundy?

Ton-runs.
Fail Run Over GIF

Rowan Marshall owners are happy - he beat the 3 Ton Curse and now has a 4 Ton Run going. Flanders 4 Ton Run fell foul last week, but Whitfield kept his going to now be on a 5 Ton Run. The majority of 2 Ton Runs got through last round to test the 3 Ton Run curse this week:

The curse is in play now for seven players for Rnd 18:

Dunkley, Bontempelli, P.Cripps, T.Green, Caldwell, L.Neale and M.Kennedy

Who do you have who won't beat the curse this week? History suggests 4 or 5 are unlikely to keep their run going.
Kennedy - role change

Neale - Eagles new coach may try to put the clamp on him (although could happen to Dunkley too)

Caldwell - could see Neal Bullen running with him this week

Less likely to see Cincotta on Bont

Remove this Banner Ad

Back