Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I have RoMa / Xerri so take this with a pinch of salt.

I think Nank is fine but is maxed in price and potential. He has had a good run of games recently and the Darcy injury to explain his uptick, but historically has never been this good. Tigers are done for the year so could see some adjustment / regression. At his price I would skip.

Xerri had Moyle, but has been very consistent this year. Would feel a bit gross getting him now given the value before but he is a star. Similar issue of late season shenanigans though.

English I think has the best balance of history, form and fixture.
He is also cheaper, so if you’re not able to split for any other reason that seems as good as any.

Why not Grundy?

Thanks for the write up. You raise a good point on Nank. I was being enticed by the fixture but the Tiges could easily put the queue in the rack.

Xerri I think will be steady but has a bit of a tough fixture. North have settled on Xerri with a chop out from Teake since the mid season draft and its working well. Big X loves a cuddle. Obviously I would like to have my time again and have picked him pre season but can't let that play into this decision

English is an interesting one. I think most are going there on previous years form / reputation. He's been super inconsistent and a bit disappointing this year until recently. But I guess if everyone (or most) go there, there is some saftey in that

Grundy I discounted just because I don't see the same ceiling. Will probably avg 100 from here whereas I'm hoping for a 110 guy

I have RoMa / Xerri so take this with a pinch of salt.

I think Nank is fine but is maxed in price and potential. He has had a good run of games recently and the Darcy injury to explain his uptick, but historically has never been this good. Tigers are done for the year so could see some adjustment / regression. At his price I would skip.

Xerri had Moyle, but has been very consistent this year. Would feel a bit gross getting him now given the value before but he is a star. Similar issue of late season shenanigans though.

English I think has the best balance of history, form and fixture.
He is also cheaper, so if you’re not able to split for any other reason that seems as good as any.

Why not Grundy?
Probably needs to decide if this is permanent for the rest of the year or a flip - because as other trades become less needy and or less possible, may want to go back to Gawn.

Gawn $961 BE167
English $911 BE94
Nank $942 BE86
Xerri $953 BE104

1720643779567.png

I think English is due for a little run of tons but could just as easily chuck an ordinary score this week against Carlton, Xerri is on a mini ton run now but no great history of going long with it yet, and history suggests Nank won't sustain his present run, despite some OK match ups coming.

At least we are spoiled for choice giving scope for the unique play.

Last edited:
Ton-runs.
Fail Run Over GIF

Rowan Marshall owners are happy - he beat the 3 Ton Curse and now has a 4 Ton Run going. Flanders 4 Ton Run fell foul last week, but Whitfield kept his going to now be on a 5 Ton Run. The majority of 2 Ton Runs got through last round to test the 3 Ton Run curse this week:

The curse is in play now for seven players for Rnd 18:

Dunkley, Bontempelli, P.Cripps, T.Green, Caldwell, L.Neale and M.Kennedy

Who do you have who won't beat the curse this week? History suggests 4 or 5 are unlikely to keep their run going.
And two tonne tesse got me excited

Looks like Massimo D'Ambrosio stays in my side for another week then.

Is there any concern about Heeney's midfield minutes when he returns with potentially both Parker and Mills back in the side. Could this be a jumping off point?
I think you trade regardless this week unless you have other options and then look to bring back next week or the week after. I think with the dearth of forwards he will still be a Top 6 forward even if he was playing forward and impacted by Parker and Mills.

As an aside, I don't think Parker is coming back into that side IMO

I think you trade regardless this week unless you have other options and then look to bring back next week or the week after. I think with the dearth of forwards he will still be a Top 6 forward even if he was playing forward and impacted by Parker and Mills.

As an aside, I don't think Parker is coming back into that side IMO
My current forward line is Heeney, Flanders, Zorko, Caldwell, Moore, Sexton

So my options appear to be
1. Trade Heeney to whoever the next best is at this stage (maybe M.Kennedy on form, or Fisher)
2. Rookie downgrade to get Mannagh in as Heeney cover
3. Ignore that and trade Sexton to M.Kennedy/Fisher, having Dowling as likely Heeney cover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit i'm part of the problem, not posting too much - just trying to run my race and get into the top 1,000 and win a few league games. But should be posting more.
That’s the spirit! I guess people become a bit less interested throughout the year so it’s fair but I love seeing other peoples perspectives and ideas. Don’t get much from this board anymore

1. Trade Heeney to whoever the next best is at this stage (maybe M.Kennedy on form, or Fisher)
3. Ignore that and trade Sexton to M.Kennedy/Fisher, having Dowling as likely Heeney cover
It’s a tough one, I’m in the same predicament. I don’t think 2 is an option if you have Sexton and Heeney to be honest, mannagh had a huge game but doesn’t guarantee another high score this week. I feel like earlier in the season someone like him is a must have with the super low BE, but never know what will happen and he may even be used at the sub (highly doubtful but)
I am thinking of holding Heeney basically because if carnage strikes again, I may not be able to get him next week…it is aggressive though and could pay off.
I’m thinking of trading out Sexton over Heeney - got some things I wanna fix up next week (upgrade Young) which I wont be able to do if I’m getting Heeney back

If you have Sexton, he's the clear trade I think.

I'm in a position where I need to upgrade my F6 but have F1-5. I don't have the cash to get a decent F6 this week so will trade Heeney to my F6 then utilise another weeks of downgrades to get Heeney back from a rookie next week.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Mason Wood? I can afford Moore but I just keep changing back to Wood for a POD.

Has he been playing more forward since King has been out? Wood seems to have some juicy matchups coming up and kinda wanna try something different

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Mason Wood? I can afford Moore but I just keep changing back to Wood for a POD.

Has he been playing more forward since King has been out? Wood seems to have some juicy matchups coming up and kinda wanna try something different
I'm leaning towards Wood also currently. Apart from last week his floor has been 70, run looks nice. Still not certain though.

this board is so quiet now… makes me sad
Fantasy loses a bit of its shine when we’re not building our teams.

Watching my “completed” team still put up 70s and 80s from “better players” after all the work put in to get here is depressing.

Luxury season should just be my premiums going head to head with others to see who scores a 140 and who scores a 110. Not watching as holes appear in my side where there used to be a reliable player.

Fantasy loses a bit of its shine when we’re not building our teams.

Watching my “completed” team still put up 70s and 80s from “better players” after all the work put in to get here is depressing.

Luxury season should just be my premiums going head to head with others to see who scores a 140 and who scores a 110. Not watching as holes appear in my side where there used to be a reliable player.
Glad you exclaimed completed.
Been trying to trade rooks like Graham.
Wheels fall off and plan b or c happens.
Plan X this week
Gawn, Heeney, Touk, Sexton, Houston, ……
Freijah, Graham, Reville ripe for harvest 😕

I like the Mannagh move, because, it is multi faceted. The obvious BE of -32 is a good thing even this late. He has the Friday game, so you can loop him. He's mature, not really a rookie, loves to tackle, run for a +6 and can kick goals - all good things against a depleted Collingwood this week. He might get you close to what Heeney's level of scoring is, and easily as good a prospect as Sexton and probably better. He might cost you 30 pts, but he might also make $60-$80k as a worst case scenario.

Glad you exclaimed completed.
Been trying to trade rooks like Graham.
Wheels fall off and plan b or c happens.
Plan X this week
Gawn, Heeney, Touk, Sexton, Houston, ……
Freijah, Graham, Reville ripe for harvest 😕
Think I finally lose Graham this week - been OK. have a stack of cash to go into Heeney or anyone else next week so will finally be on premo's or 2nd stringers on all lines. Watch the holes appear like Serong is giving me now, like Dale is giving me now, like Sexton (Ok 3rd grader) is giving me now.

Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back