Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

I've officially given up for the moment, can't even get onto the Ticketek site from here regardless of phone, pc, browser etc.
Have a mate back home still trying to get us a couple of tickets.
Is the first time in over 10 years I'll be in town and able to attend a game hopefully he'll get tickets....
I’m overseas and couldn’t get onto the Ticketek site or app. Very frustrating.

My Wife spent the best part of an hour trying to get through to Ticketek, in the end she gave up.
Went into her emails and found 1 from the club with a Ticketek link, followed the link, straight through, 5 tickets in 10 minutes.

I logged in early at 9:37am yesterday. Went into a virtual queue which said around 11,900 in front of me. The status bar kept dropping slowly until around 9:55am, then went off a cliff, and hey presto, I was in by 10:02am.

It never said it had timed me out during the waiting process as some have complained about, but when there were no status updates for about 10 minutes I thought it may have, so exited and re-logged in. It got me back to the exact same spot in the queue I was before I exited, so I decided I would just stay there.

Then I had the episode with payments I told about, but re-entered after it eventually said I had timed out (after spending 4 minutes trying to rectify what went wrong in the first place). Still not sure what happened.

Anyway, got my tix ok and printed off on the PC by 10:36am. About an hour all told from first login to completion, so I guess I'm comparatively lucky!

And yes, it wouldn't let me use my son's barcodes, even though he is at the same address as I am, however I was able to get his (concession) ticket using my barcode as well.

Sound like another seasonal cluster**** from Ticketek :rolleyes:

Hopefully most people ended up getting their tix ok.

So if that is 100% accurate, then that means members of both clubs and the general public have bought at least 47,000 tickets.

There are about 3,000 corporate seats at AO -
1) the 1,455 Stadium Club members,
2) the 35 x 18 seat super boxes, the 18 x 12 seat super boxes, the 89 either 8, 10 and 12 seat open air corporate boxes, the rooms that Port, the crows, SANFL and SACA have control of and can sell/allocate seats and these all add up to around 1500 - 1600 more seats. These get sold separately to the Ticketek members and general public sales. Some aren't actually sold, they have rights to that seat for 12 months.

The AFL allocation for their needs like the visiting club's staff, then there are the AFL Life Members and Hall of Fame members who get 2 tickets each and want to go, the AFL's corporates and broadcast partners requirements etc, and this would be at least 1,000 seats and maybe as much as 3,000 seats.

If there are more tickets released, they will be coming from this AFL allocation.

Last edited:
I’m overseas and couldn’t get onto the Ticketek site or app. Very frustrating.
Here in Dubai I tried everything to get onto the Ticketek site, PC, Mobile, various browsers, VPN and no access whatsoever. Even today the site won't let me in.
I was lucky to have a mate who sorted things.
As I mentioned elsewhere it is the first time in years that a trip home has lined up with a match.

Hope you managed to get tickets!!

SCG Sold Out and only a handful of nosebleeds left for Friday at the G
To the general public.

The AFL members reserve has 23,000 seats and MCC members reserve has 22,000 seats. Don't expect them to be full. I'd be surprised if they get more than 83,000 there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We struggled to sell out our semi last year against Giants from memory?
Yep we only had 45.5k attend. How many seats were sold or allocated and people didn't attend, never gets reported.

Extra cost, bugger all GWS members/supporters buying tickets and us having lots of injuries and getting smashed by Brisbane in the QF, and the general Hinkley affect, also contributed to not selling out.

The two QF's we have played at AO ie in the Hinkley era, have been affected by Covid capacity restrictions.

Yep we only had 45.5k attend. How many seats were sold or allocated and people didn't attend, never gets reported.

Extra cost, bugger all GWS members/supporters buying tickets and us having lots of injuries and getting smashed by Brisbane in the QF, and the general Hinkley affect, also contributed to not selling out.

The two QF's we have played at AO ie in the Hinkley era, have been affected by Covid capacity restrictions.
Members being able to buy 2 tickets per barcode is a mistake as you have 50% there that aren't committed to show up or tickets being scalped that doesn't get sold.

Members being able to buy 2 tickets per barcode is a mistake as you have 50% there that aren't committed to show up or tickets being scalped that doesn't get sold.
Not necessarily. My nephew used 5 barcodes to buy 10 tickets as there are 8 adults and one kids ticket in his group and I jumped in with them. I gave him my barcode as a back up, but he didn't use it.

Does anybody know if I can get a single seated ticket and just stand on the hill even though it's sold out or do they check tickets for people arriving on the hill?

Does anybody know if I can get a single seated ticket and just stand on the hill even though it's sold out or do they check tickets for people arriving on the hill?
I've only stood on the hill a handful of times since the oval was redeveloped, and never have I been asked to produce a ticket for the Hill.

The 2014 Elimation Final against Richmond on Sunday arvo had 49.9k attend as well.

Gonna estimate the club will probably get around 46-48k (min) next week, although another factor that could dictate if the club gets 50k or not is the weather situation as it's currently forecast on BOM website to rain on Wednesday here and could perhaps do the same on Thursday (will know more tonight with 7-day forecast).

On another note, is public transport still free for weekday AO matches as I've only managed to attend matches that've been played on the weekends since moving back to Adelaide this year?

The 2014 Elimation Final against Richmond on Sunday arvo had 49.9k attend as well.

Gonna estimate the club will probably get around 46-48k (min) next week, although another factor that could dictate if the club gets 50k or not is the weather situation as it's currently forecast on BOM website to rain on Wednesday here and could perhaps do the same on Thursday (will know more tonight with 7-day forecast).

On another note, is public transport still free for weekday AO matches as I've only managed to attend matches that've been played on the weekends since moving back to Adelaide this year?
That was the usual SMA, Ticketek and AFL stuff up. First final at the new AO and they just farked it all up.

Frst time Port had played a home final since 2007, ticketing system had changed, AFL rights to finals tickets and windows for members to buy them had changed in that 7 years, people were pissed off the Ticketek system said sold out and the AFL declared that on their website it was a sell out, so some people didn't even try to get tickets as a result.

SMA said the final crowd was 50,618 attended then when AFL reconciled tickets to cash, they found out the SMA had counted about 800 staff and had done so all year.

The late statistician Kevin Taylor, after about 4 rounds in 2015, started putting the correct crowd figures up on his Full Points Footy site, as he was part of the AFL Statisticians group formed by Col Hutchinson in the late 1980's, so he got the correct figures from the AFL in 2015.

I raised it on here, maybe Rd 5 2015 that the SMA were dodgy pricks, and some people pissed their pants about it, as they didn't know who Kevin Taylor was, and because he was in his early 80's and hadn't changed the look of his website since he set it up in 1996-97, and because it didn't have sexy graphics, people said was BS, despite the fact that Paul who owns and runs AFL Tables, uses a 1996 wallpaper for his stats site, and has never changed it since he set it up then.

It took 3 or 4 weeks before the truth got out to the public that the SMA had bullshited for all of 2014, and if Port didn't play a final at AO in 2014 and AFL who hired the ground for the final and had to balance their books, then the SMA would have continued to give out BS figures for all of 2015, not just the first few rounds, before they were embarrassed and forced to tell the truth

So if the AFL says its a sell out and 53K don't rock up, don't blame Port members and fans for not filling it to capacity.

Last edited:
For those still looking for tickets, Ticketek marketplace has some available, very secure, have bought and sold tix on this site previously, you will pay a little bit more than face value to cover the admin, but not scalpers prices. You get the legit Ticketek ticket. Sun_Burn

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back