Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies Premiership team look like one of the worst to ever win a flag ..... so many soft players carried by a few exceptional players ..... shake my head that they won it

Yeah Geelong looked average last year and the dees haven't reached the peaks of 2021 since either. Looks like we could be heading for an era of random teams winning one in between legendary teams winning them.

Been a while since 4 teams won a flag in 4 years I think. Maybe 2004-2007?

Oh and 2010-2013.

Both those were book ended by teams winning 3.

Good time to try and nab one anyway.

Gotta love the pregame from the Dons, all the talk on how they tried v Geelong as a dress rehearsal and well, v us where they got pantsed it was just a genuine scratch match yo, nothing to see here, lets focus on that other pre season game champs.

And the 1984 peeps being all "why did I not punch Derm in the face back then" you and the rest of the populace mate, you and the rest of us...

They had a great system and their ability to come from behind was exceptional. They probably grabbed a flag before others worked them out and their effort dropped. The premier side starts late so they may still come good.
Their coach has looked stressed on the sideline during both their games this year, I didn't see that in the last 2 years.
He sees their problems, I hope they work it out by round four at the earliest 😊

First kick of Gresh's career in red and black has the trajectory of artillery and lands straight on a Hawks chest. Enjoy fellas

"And Gresham, looking for Jones, overcooked it as he's shit at the short kick" their KPF's will hate him by the end of the season.

Essington v Horx looks like a VFL game

And Gresh literally just evaded 2, kicked across the face of goal and OOF all in the space of like 5 seconds. I do believe the VFL would have at least scored from that position.

Can someone please explain how everyone and their mother comes at Sicily, he gets low, McGnome up-ends himself and somehow gets a free ?

The umpiring of late is 100% why I don't watch as much footy as I used to. Just shake my head and turn it off after stuff like that.

Yeah this was my gimmie game where either could win it, and thus I tipped the Hawks as they always lift for the Dons, would have done well if they had of kicked straight, but as front runners do they ran over the top to hide a weak underbelly. Neither team are doing much based on that though, was a bog average game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when coffield looked like Tom Stewart 2.0 with his intercept marking game

I remember him coming in for the China game, looked deer in headlights.

Was servicable in '18, one of the smarter persons we had at the time. '19 rolled around and it was VFL into China and then "ow, my shoulder" so he what played half the season. '20 then happened to show that yes, he can actually play the game well only then in '21 to be 'ow my knee" just do remember this was Covid rules period and he would never feature again as knee became hamstring became "I run slower than a snail" to him running off to the Doggies.

So yeah, he did have a blip of being a great player under shortened game time and with more emphasis on growing as a team in isolation, but you ask him to express himself and grow and beast mode and it's 'ow, my past has come to haunt me".

And lol, Billings just ran on the spot on a ball drop and almost fell over his own feet as Daniel just yoinked it to be claimed by him in a tackle on a loose ball get where Billings was in space. Gee that turning circle...

Billings going ok. And I even saw him tackling. I liked Jack but we wanted more than he probably had. Pick 3 had very high expectations.

Going to Melbourne has taken some of that pressure off him to live up to that pick 3, he has played a pretty good game today so far.

He's definitely been more impressive for the Dees than Coffield has been for the Dogs.

Going to Melbourne has taken some of that pressure off him to live up to that pick 3, he has played a pretty good game today so far.

He's definitely been more impressive for the Dees than Coffield has been for the Dogs.
We needed him to be an out and out gun. We were so thin on talent. Dees have him linking up in the open and he’s been doing it well. Think he just missed a tackle though.

Love seeing Billings play a game like this. Needed a new start. Hope it all comes together for him (except when we play them), seemed like a great clubman.
This game is exactly what you want out of billings. Rack up the possessions, score involvements and goal assists, lots of marks around the ground. Hope Darcy Wilson can play like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back