Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical St.Kilda? Now that made me laugh. Hard to remember another player that has gone on to be a star after we got rid of them.

Acres probably the best so far. We were so bad at drafting that we couldn't even put a best 22 together let alone off load quality.

Ball was out of bounds by 1m in the eagles game with a boundary ump 5m away, play on - goal.

Absolutely laughable the current standard of umpiring.

They should follow crickets example and be all "oh, we screwed this and next kick goaled, I'll just remove 6pts from this...", but as that'd rebuild some integrity, we continue to have things like this, where an ump might be blindsighted a score might happen and "oh well" is the response.

Typical St.Kilda? Now that made me laugh. Hard to remember another player that has gone on to be a star after we got rid of them.
Tom Lynch comes to mind, Ben McEvoy another and of course Blacres. My mind goes back to the Lappin and Smith era too. Cripps has had a good career but he dogged us.

Others like Hall and Lockett were also great at other clubs.

I agree with you that it's not a typical St Kilda move though, most clubs lose a decent player or two over the years and we are not immune to that.

Tom Lynch comes to mind, Ben McEvoy another and of course Blacres. My mind goes back to the Lappin and Smith era too. Cripps has had a good career but he dogged us.

Others like Hall and Lockett were also great at other clubs.

I agree with you that it's not a typical St Kilda move though, most clubs lose a decent player or two over the years and we are not immune to that.
We move on about a dozen players a year so yeah the percentage of players that go and play well at other clubs is almost non existent.

Ball won a Premiership
Barry Hall won a Prem
Darryl Wakelin won a Prem
Ian Stewart won a Prem
Dean Rice won a Prem
Paul Harding won a Prem
Mick Malthouse won a Prem
Stephen Rae won a Prem
Russell Greene won several Prems
Val Perovic won several Prems
Ben McEvoy won several Prems
Brent Guerra won several Prems
Plugger played in GF
Shane Wakelin played in 2 GFs
Spider Everitt (111 games at 2 other clubs)

Pretty typical of you George .... not knowing our history yet smashing into other posters for supposedly having no idea

Poor form mate .... seriously lift your game !!

Ball won a Premiership
Barry Hall won a Prem
Darryl Wakelin won a Prem
Ian Stewart won a Prem
Dean Rice won a Prem
Paul Harding won a Prem
Mick Malthouse won a Prem
Stephen Rae won a Prem
Russell Greene won several Prems
Val Perovic won several Prems
Ben McEvoy won several Prems
Brent Guerra won several Prems
Plugger played in GF
Shane Wakelin played in 2 GFs
Spider Everitt (111 games at 2 other clubs)

Pretty typical of you George .... not knowing our history yet smashing into other posters for supposedly having no idea

Poor form mate .... seriously lift your game !!
Yes, what an extensive list that is of the last 60 years lmao. How many have we delisted or traded in that time? Who in that list went on to be actual stars instead of just okay players? Would love to see the numbers on that to properly compare. It's not typical St.Kilda at all - just hysteria to make a ridiculous point.

'Smashing into other posters' lmao...give me a break.

Ball was out of bounds by 1m in the eagles game with a boundary ump 5m away, play on - goal.

Absolutely laughable the current standard of umpiring.
Other than the GF I struggle to watch any other games apart from ours these days. Just hanging around for a Saints flag. State of the game is an absolute laugh.

Yes, what an extensive list that is of the last 60 years lmao. How many have we delisted or traded in that time? Who in that list went on to be actual stars instead of just okay players? Would love to see the numbers on that to properly compare. It's not typical St.Kilda at all - just hysteria to make a ridiculous point.

'Smashing into other posters' lmao...give me a break.
Mate you bagged me out and I just stated facts proving my point .... just admit you got it wrong this time .... BTW there are more players back prior to the ones I stated

Mate you bagged me out and I just stated facts proving my point .... just admit you got it wrong this time .... BTW there are more players back prior to the ones I stated
Bagged you out? I said I laughed at your post and then provided reasons. Admit I got it wrong, lmao. I could name the same amount of players in the last 6 years that we've moved on compared to the last 60 years that you dug up. Sticking your fingers in your ears to ignore any other viewpoint is bizarre.

Am I not allowed to disagree with you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just admit I have a point and that you have overlooked plenty of good players St Kilda have let go that have gone on to have a better career/success elsewhere

Just admit it and we move on :kissingheart: :rainbow:
It's a discussion forum. I disagree with you and explained why. Are you alright?

I'm fine thanks for asking

Your explanation doesn't dismiss the list of players I posted ...... strange you can't acknowledge this
Yes and to your point I said that I could name the same amount of players in 6 years as opposed to 60. You then stuck your fingers in your ears and just wanted me to say oh yes you're right instead of disagreeing with you and explaining why. This is all so boring lol

giphy.gif

If Brions go 0 - 2 and we beat Pies on Thursday

The following week will be Brions (0 -2) v Pies (0 -3)

Would be good to see but big ask for us this Thursday coming off a 5 day break with a decimated mid field and Pies coming off 2 drubbings with something to prove
Pies coming off successive six day breaks. It will be interesting to see how they are. Must win game for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back