Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a office , it's a contact sport - soon you will be getting banned for calling someone fat or swearing at someone.

How times have changed - 3 games for calling someone a name - someones taking the piss.
It is a "name" with a history that has been used to dehumanise an entire subsection of society.

If you cant go three hours on a weekend without calling someone that, chances are you're the problem, not wokism or cancel culture or whatever term you're using to imagine your own persecution this week.

No matter what you think, it is in fact a workplace and industrial laws apply.

Clarko got lucky, it wont happen again.
We've jumped the shark on language as a whole that at this juncture, if mad, just punch someone in the chest full throttle as the head is sacrosanct.
Assume you're referring to Baa Baa Black Sheep? They didn't, you just fell for a facebook meme designed to generate rage from boomers.

They literally changed a nursery rhyme because panties twisted and how dare you use a words original intention as opposed to the misappropriated version.

We've jumped the shark on language as a whole that at this juncture, if mad, just punch someone in the chest full throttle as the head is sacrosanct.
I get where you're coming from and heaps in society has gone too far, but an adult just can't go around calling someone a fa**ot. A grown-up just shouldn't be using that language.

Staggering to me that the Bulldogs can dominate in the midfield with one player getting 28 CONTESTED touches, the other mids in double digits for that area yet still only lose the overall contested ball by 3 and win the game. Just shows how important contests all over the ground are. I’m glad Ross is super inspired by Chris Scott these days because the guy is a genius. If Dangerfield and Guthrie are there at the end of the year they’ll be in the grand final at a minimum IMO.

It is a "name" with a history that has been used to dehumanise an entire subsection of society.

If you cant go three hours on a weekend without calling someone that, chances are you're the problem, not wokism or cancel culture or whatever term you're using to imagine your own persecution this week.

Assume you're referring to Baa Baa Black Sheep? They didn't, you just fell for a facebook meme designed to generate rage from boomers.

Nah Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, 1930's to 1955 "we need to ban that word" and a 2010 school going "bet" and banning it.

I get where you're coming from and heaps in society has gone too far, but an adult just can't go around calling someone a fa**ot. A grown-up just shouldn't be using that language.

Oh I get it, the intimation was context is important when dealing with such wording.

So in a sense where you have two individuals spewing vitriol to different effects, and previously someone like Malthouse almost being able to be visiting courts for statements, Finlayson getting 3 and Clarko 2 suspended and a fine is a bit odd.

Reality is Finlayson you'd generally agree when he says "oops, I screwed up sorry mate" as being contrite that it was flippant, Clarko, given his previously punching walls, injunction, and stand over I'm a mafioso background into statements, you're less inclined to believe him as being contrite about statements made.

Context in such regard is mundo importo. Hence the kookaburra instance that got confused for a sheep.

Wow the myth has lasted 24 years.

Remember when someone at primary school taught me "Eeny Meeny miney moe" for choosing who goes first.
I didn't hear the word right and i thought it was "catch a nicker " by the toe. It didn't make sense at the time, and if i'd heard it correctly it still wouldn't have made sense until a read "Huckleberry Finn" a few years later.

Nah Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, 1930's to 1955 "we need to ban that word" and a 2010 school going "bet" and banning it.

Oh I get it, the intimation was context is important when dealing with such wording.

So in a sense where you have two individuals spewing vitriol to different effects, and previously someone like Malthouse almost being able to be visiting courts for statements, Finlayson getting 3 and Clarko 2 suspended and a fine is a bit odd.

Reality is Finlayson you'd generally agree when he says "oops, I screwed up sorry mate" as being contrite that it was flippant, Clarko, given his previously punching walls, injunction, and stand over I'm a mafioso background into statements, you're less inclined to believe him as being contrite about statements made.

Context in such regard is mundo importo. Hence the kookaburra instance that got confused for a sheep.
The instance where one school changed the word as they thought the kids would find the word "gay" distracting because theyre 10 year olds?

Yep they totally stuffed up the Clarko call and clearly should have suspended him.

But they can't just say ah well Finlayson apologised so all good then. Jimmy apologised after hitting Simpkin it didn't get him off.

Laughable for Finlayson to cop that whack while clarkson gets basically a slap on the wrist.

Apparently it's more acceptable for a coach to come out at quarter time during a practice game and shout obscenities at players in full earshot of spectators. Finlayson said something most likely in anger in the heat of the moment that only one other person likely heard, knew he stuffed up and immediately admitted it, then went on to apologise.

Mind boggling. Really hope that somebody sets clarko off again so he can enjoy the result of his suspended sentence.

Also looked like he physically threatened them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For player to go to a umpire and say he called me a Fagg/t is laughable.
and he got 3 weeks !!!
You're going on about this too much I reckon.
Like you want to preserve your right to call someone a f.
Gay people have been treated like second class citizens for centuries, like black people.
Abuse has the same effect, endorsing deep felt stereotypes, and needs to stop if they're going to be able to interact in society on a level playing field.

If anyone is interested I have 4 x adult tickets for sale for the Saints vs Bulldogs game 18th April all seated together Level 2 Row E seats 63-66. They cost $77 each so PM me with an offer if you are interested.

We can't go to the game because I broke my bloody leg in a motor cycling accident last Sunday.

For player to go to a umpire and say he called me a Fagg/t is laughable.
and he got 3 weeks !!!
You're barking up the wrong tree pal, thus is not the age of the thinking person.
SJW's are like a pack of hyenas pepped up on the drug of self righteousness. Save yourself the trouble.

Laura Kane is terrible. Needs to go. The finlayson and clarkson outcomes are bizarre when compared side by side.
And 6 weeks for Tex, although his was racial.
Should there be a difference between racial and homophobic?

Staggering to me that the Bulldogs can dominate in the midfield with one player getting 28 CONTESTED touches, the other mids in double digits for that area yet still only lose the overall contested ball by 3 and win the game. Just shows how important contests all over the ground are. I’m glad Ross is super inspired by Chris Scott these days because the guy is a genius. If Dangerfield and Guthrie are there at the end of the year they’ll be in the grand final at a minimum IMO.
Like I said earlier in the week, concentrating oppo play through the minimal number of players is a wise strategy for a counterattacking team like ours, makes their routes to goal predictable and manageable like the Suez canal. The guns can't be stopped completely, but if you get a 50% turnover and spread on the counterattack, yes, that one or two oppo guns get headlines for disposals, but we stop their team dragging us around, limit the damage and kill them by sharing the load around the field.

Rather have a solid team and a foolproof system than a handfull of elites personally though it is a lot less sexy.

Its early days a lot can happen and does change as the season progresses, but at this time Geelong, GWS, Power and Melbourne look like they will be playing in late September. The Bulldogs have plenty of talent but have been poorly coached for sometime IMO. Hopefully at some point we can flick a switch and start playing decent 4 quarters of footy also.

You're barking up the wrong tree pal, thus is not the age of the thinking person.
SJW's are like a pack of hyenas pepped up on the drug of self righteousness. Save yourself the trouble.
Did you not bother watching the video of Nicky Winmar's son who talks about how the language and treatment surrounding gay people stopped him ever pursuing football?

Theres nothing "sjw" about being open that this kind of shit has quantifiable bad effects on people.

Did you not bother watching the video of Nicky Winmar's son who talks about how the language and treatment surrounding gay people stopped him ever pursuing football?

Theres nothing "sjw" about being open that this kind of s**t has quantifiable bad effects on people.
Yes that's why it shouldn't be tolerated, and why l don't tolerate any "ism's" in my personal sphere.
I also don't tolerate self righteous knobs who use it to elevate their own egos. I spent too many years around those types and they're probably more toxic and cowardly as anyone they were pointing fingers at.
Anyone who'd vilify my gay or chocolate friends in my presence would get an express trip to hostiple. Same goes for anyone who'd vilify my caucasian friends with BS accusations of the same. Just because a person wraps themselves in a rainbow (or other) flag, it doesn't mean they're not in f-wit. Armchair activists are the worst.
This forum is not a place for any self appointed social justice police, the rules and mods take care of that.

When Jake Lever first grew that moustache I was sure it was the result of a bet given how ridiculous he looked.

Yet many years later it’s still there 🤷

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back