Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When Jake Lever first grew that moustache I was sure it was the result of a bet given how ridiculous he looked.

Yet many years later it’s still there 🤷

He strikes me as a guy that doesn't look at a mirror much. Which is kind of odd given Gawn styles his head, surely lever could tack on and get some beard growing tips to go with shoddy used car pool cleaner moustache.

Goodwin blaming the loss on 3 games in 13 days (we are about to do 3 games in 11 days!), does not bode for our game against the bulldogs

Should have blamed looking like a deer in headlights and hamster being dead, but each to their own I suppose.

Melbourne really missed Pickett I reckon. And looked super-flat generally. Oliver did SFA again from what I saw.
If he doesnt change his game theyre going to miss him alot.

Hes been EXTREMELY lucky not to have had Webster like holidays after the Smith hit and then last weeks one.

Yes that's why it shouldn't be tolerated, and why l don't tolerate any "ism's" in my personal sphere.
I also don't tolerate self righteous knobs who use it to elevate their own egos. I spent too many years around those types and they're probably more toxic and cowardly as anyone they were pointing fingers at.
Anyone who'd vilify my gay or chocolate friends in my presence would get an express trip to hostiple. Same goes for anyone who'd vilify my caucasian friends with BS accusations of the same. Just because a person wraps themselves in a rainbow (or other) flag, it doesn't mean they're not in f-wit. Armchair activists are the worst.
This forum is not a place for any self appointed social justice police, the rules and mods take care of that.
Yet here you are deciding who is a woke sjw and who is a "thinker" pmsl.

I know a hell of a lot of boomers with the same attitude, they have gay or black friends therefore they can't be racist or homophobic, but the second somebody faces any sort of consequence for explicit homophobia or racism they're suddenly all free speech absolutionists.

Nobody here is clutching pearls or screaming into the abyss. The common response from the "woke mob" was yeah, 3 weeks is about right, they got it wrong with clarko, hopefully the message is clear now and we can move on.

If you have an issue with this approach you are just arguing for players rights to be able to call each other meatballs which is a weird hill to die on.

Yet here you are deciding who is a woke sjw and who is a "thinker" pmsl.

I know a hell of a lot of boomers with the same attitude, they have gay or black friends therefore they can't be racist or homophobic, but the second somebody faces any sort of consequence for explicit homophobia or racism they're suddenly all free speech absolutionists.

Nobody here is clutching pearls or screaming into the abyss. The common response from the "woke mob" was yeah, 3 weeks is about right, they got it wrong with clarko, hopefully the message is clear now and we can move on.

If you have an issue with this approach you are just arguing for players rights to be able to call each other meatballs which is a weird hill to die on.
I think 3 weeks is fine, l don't have a problem with it. I can also respect other posters who think it's too much. Why is that a problem for you?

Regarding Finlayson, I'd say 2 weeks would have been sufficient. The noise about him being a homophobe was more annoying, but people know that comes with the territory now and shouldn't put themselves in that position, end of story.

Regarding Clarko, he's less dispensable than a player, I have no problem with a suspended sentence. Again, it's the supposition he is a homophobe rather than just chose the wrong swearword that riles me.

Frankly though I can understand why it has to be this way and I think overall its a good initiative to get this language out of circulation. Wish we could be a bit more adult about the process rather than play disingenuous culture war games, that's all.

Interesting that Cameron got a week for a dump tackle. Reckon the MRO might have got a please explain last week for Greene not getting sited.
Baffling how Greene, Vlaustin and Cameron have all come up with different penalties within the space of 6 days with no explanation about how they are different.

Regarding Clarko, he's less dispensable than a player, I have no problem with a suspended sentence. Again, it's the supposition he is a homophobe rather than just chose the wrong swearword that riles me.

Frankly though I can understand why it has to be this way and I think overall its a good initiative to get this language out of circulation. Wish we could be a bit more adult about the process rather than play disingenuous culture war games, that's all.
Disagree.
He’s the head coach, the face of the club. And he’s got priors.
He should be setting an example.

Not excusing homophobic or racist comments, but in the heat of a tough contest, I can understand how someone may lose it a bit. They’re competitive beasts in the heat of “battle” so to speak.

Clarkson had the time to consider whether he should have said anything at all to a player. (Hint, he shouldn’t address opposition players ever)
He should have been suspended. Even one game would have sent a very strong message.

Baffling how Greene, Vlaustin and Cameron have all come up with different penalties within the space of 6 days with no explanation about how they are different.

Greene is captain of the AFL darling Giants.
Cameron is up in QLD so WGAF.
Vlaustin is from a big4 VIC club.

You have to remember, MC is less one hamster, a wheel and a tiny carrot to feed that hamster, so all that's left is a void to spawn bullshit opinions with heavy bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two flaky teams, which will fall apart first? I think and hope Essendon crumble as ever but can't really trust the dogs. "Western" have a lot more talent though.

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back