Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

North gifted them too many goals with dumb free kicks and 50’s, you just knew Collingwood would come back.

Weak umpiring though not paying that 50. What’s the point of 4 umpires if they’re all going to put their whistles away.

Zurhar did dumb things at least twice going forward- was in great position to set up a goal, had a man free then passed it off to someone who was covered- Saints footy!. I noticed the umps in a few games now, are letting blatant throws disguised as handballs play on. Similar to the Dogs in their GF- never seen umpires ignore so many one-handed handballs

Holy shit that was shocking. How **** can none of the umpires see that?
They all saw it. It was an AFL marquee club, so no free. Boot on the other foot ( like Friday night) and 50 before you can blink.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

They all saw it. It was an AFL marquee club, so no free. Boot on the other foot ( like Friday night) and 50 before you can blink.

It's reaching a critical mass. They have to fix these biases now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be ticked off, oh hang on Laura Kane is the North booster at the AFL, will be all over the place tomorrow.
Would already have their client media like Whately driving their agenda.

Will be ticked off, oh hang on Laura Kane is the North booster at the AFL, will be all over the place tomorrow.
Would already have their client media like Whately driving their agenda.

Maybe the AFL will now take on Ross Lyon's advice and stop talking about free kicks on Mondays ?

When it's becoming too obvious it they will.

This shit just damages football in the long run.
Hey, we can live in hope.
But sometimes I think we are all just prize chumps putting up with clear and obvious inequities (in some cases blatant cheating) in the competition and still fronting up, putting money into our clubs and into the coffers of the AFL.

Only just saw the non 50 call for pies, kind of reassures me why I've gone from watching 3 or more matches a week to pretty much just our games every week. Go on socials and it's always about umpires, rules and technicalities and not about an incredible match or moments of players.

AFL will keep burying heads in the sand and think people let these go after a week but it's reached a tipping point of viewers being so irate that the entire culture of watching the sport has moulded into who has been ****ed over the most by the system.

Generally don't see a way back out of it now, too many rule changes and interpretations, game is in a sad state. If I wasn't so rusted onto this club I'd let it go

Only just saw the non 50 call for pies, kind of reassures me why I've gone from watching 3 or more matches a week to pretty much just our games every week. Go on socials and it's always about umpires, rules and technicalities and not about an incredible match or moments of players.

AFL will keep burying heads in the sand and think people let these go after a week but it's reached a tipping point of viewers being so irate that the entire culture of watching the sport has moulded into who has been ****ed over the most by the system.

Generally don't see a way back out of it now, too many rule changes and interpretations, game is in a sad state. If I wasn't so rusted onto this club I'd let it go
Sometimes it feels like the AFL has said that umpiring controversies are actually good press for the sport and keep people talking about it. I disagree, but I get a feeling that's what they think the sport needs.

Never watch The Bounce - find it pretty juvenile tbh, especially all the shouting from grown men.

Switched on in the last ten minutes to wait for The First Crack and they showed a very abridged version of Ross’s post - match presser, and then right after that an edited version of, according to Andrew Gaze, what Ross REALLY wanted to say.

Was pretty funny. Worth a watch.

Last edited:

I propose a VR booth, where they sit in it and have to call free kicks for a virtual footy game.
Every time they press the free kick button because the crowd wants it , 50V up the rear end.
Every time they miss a blatant free against the favorites, 50 V onto the frontal appendage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back