Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably due to injuries like Hunter Clark's jaw smashing that the automatic "intentional" rule was introduced.
Sometimes there’s just a knee jerk reaction though.

Gary Rohan has his leg broken bc someone on the ground going for the ball slid into him. Now there’s no below the knees contact allowed.
Very often, in that situation, from what I’ve seen, the guy on the ground actually getting the ball gets there marginally ahead of the player coming in, but he still gets penalised.

It happened exactly once from an incident like that and they changed the rule immediately.

You hate bulldogs fans the most out of anyone I thought you would’ve backed me in there mate

Thinks you're out to steal Footscray's Ice Capital of Australia award.

I just went to Footscray for the first time ever and I can see why their supporters are so ****ing disgusting, what a smelly ****ing shit hole
I think I have only ever been to footscray once.

Mild compared to Ben Long being rubbed out for the potential to cause injury when no injury had occurred
Tyrian......that one will go down in the AFL's "Hall of Shame".....as one of the greatest howlers of all time.

**** I hate Geelong.

To sound like a petulant child it's not ****ing fair that a club gets all this pork barrel government help while also continually contending
And they all constantly whine about how they always get the short end of the stick.

That being said it would be extremely satisfying to see Collingwood lose here, would make making finals a lot tougher for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they all constantly whine about how they always get the short end of the stick.

That being said it would be extremely satisfying to see Collingwood lose here, would make making finals a lot tougher for them.

I hate Geelong as much as the next Saints supporter but I hate Collingwood more so tonight was a good result.

A draw would have been a better result though where neither team won.

Just switched on the radio to listen to the end of the game and they're talking about Mozart's house wtf?

I visited Mozart's house in Salzburg, one of the least interesting things about that city, a lot of other better things to do there.

Like the Sound of Music bus tour me and a mate went on, neither of us had seen the movie but they served beer on the bus.

The beer made the Sound of Music songs they played on the bus tolerable and they take you on a great scenic tour of the joint.

I hate Geelong as much as the next Saints supporter but I hate Collingwood more so tonight was a good result.

A draw would have been a better result though where neither team won.

I visited Mozart's house in Salzburg, one of the least interesting things about that city, a lot of other better things to do there.

Like the Sound of Music bus tour me and a mate went on, neither of us had seen the movie but they served beer on the bus.

The beer made the Sound of Music songs they played on the bus tolerable and they take you on a great scenic tour of the joint.

It would have been better if an Asteroid landed in the McG, wiping out both teams, and then they made all the residents of the MCG pay for a new stadium.

Re Heeney, I would have been happier with the free kick Webster deserved but that’s not how it works for Heeney. He gets protected like some sort of rare giant turtle. You aren’t allowed to go near him or your are infringing all sorts of unseen protection acts.

So all I can say is… suck sh it! You should never have been at Sydney who used pick 18 to secure you when you would otherwise have gone at pick 2. Everything about the fact he even is at Sydney and the protection he is afforded makes me happy with this result.

I think I prefer the red card system that football or soccer has.

If you do something reportable, you sit out the rest of the match. Of course if it's only ten minutes towards the end of the game, that is not much for a penalty but at least the offending team doesn't have a week to plan a cover for the offending player. It has to deal with penalty right there and then, which would thereby discourage players from committing these types of fouls as they would throw their team's strategy into turmoil.

It always seemed a bit weird that you could have some bloke go off his chop, belt a bunch of oppo players and just carry on playing out the game.

You hate bulldogs fans the most out of anyone I thought you would’ve backed me in there mate
Whatever Footscray may be, it isn't ****en Kiama.
Where the soul goes to die. An aldi Windang.
Where people from Dapto are even ashamed of.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think I prefer the red card system that football or soccer has.

If you do something reportable, you sit out the rest of the match. Of course if it's only ten minutes towards the end of the game, that is not much for a penalty but at least the offending team doesn't have a week to plan a cover for the offending player. It has to deal with penalty right there and then, which would thereby discourage players from committing these types of fouls as they would throw their team's strategy into turmoil.

It always seemed a bit weird that you could have some bloke go off his chop, belt a bunch of oppo players and just carry on playing out the game.

They didn't even pay a free kick. You don't want those people deciding who to send off.

Pies certainly in danger of missing the eight with a pretty tough run home. Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. They're currently on the equivalent of nine wins, so will need to win four of those final six to get to thirteen wins and sneak into eighth. If they lose to the Hawks next match...

200 (35).gif

Pies certainly in danger of missing the eight with a pretty tough run home. Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. They're currently on the equivalent of nine wins, so will need to win four of those final six to get to thirteen wins and sneak into eighth. If they lose to the Hawks next match...

View attachment 2046700

They are a so banged up too.

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back