2024 GF - how many times have you watched?

How many times have you watched the 2nd Quarter of the GF?

• Not once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - I live in the moment

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • 1 - I haven't been home yet

Votes: 3 5.8%

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • 3-5

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • 6-10

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 11-15

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 15-20

• >20

• The game is on an infinite loop

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My standard...

the first quarter & a half against the Blues...from about 8 minutes to go in 3rd term until the end against the Giants...the 2nd half against the Cats...and about halfway through the 2nd term all the way to the very end of the Grand Final against the Swans!

:trophy::brisbane::thumbsupemoji:

Five times. Maybe a 6th this weekend. Have also ordered the DVD set of Brisbane's 2024 final series so will watch all of that when it arrives.

I looked at the DVD on the Lions site but I thought it was only the gf. Where do you get the complete set?

Thanks

Darcy inoffensively bad.
A YouTube clip of Triple M calling every Brisbane goal in the Grand Final just came up on my feed. I listened to the first 30 seconds of it and had to turn off. Darcy's call of our first goal is just terrible. In no way describes the kick from McCluggage to Lester other than "oh my goodness" basically.

This is one of the key issues with radio broadcasters in general currently... The vast majority of them either rarely, poorly, or never, actually tell the listener where the ball is on the field - arguably the most important detail.

This is also why Huddo is a great TV caller but a relatively poor radio caller.

A YouTube clip of Triple M calling every Brisbane goal in the Grand Final just came up on my feed. I listened to the first 30 seconds of it and had to turn off. Darcy's call of our first goal is just terrible. In no way describes the kick from McCluggage to Lester other than "oh my goodness" basically.

This is one of the key issues with radio broadcasters in general currently... The vast majority of them either rarely, poorly, or never, actually tell the listener where the ball is on the field - arguably the most important detail.

This is also why Huddo is a great TV caller but a relatively poor radio caller.

I’ve actually got pretty sick of huddo on fox recently. Too many puns.

By contrast when Dwayne is on radio callling a decent game that he doesn’t have to do stupid hyperbole for he’s more bearable.

Plenty of times, and also getting random memories from being at the game, like the crowd starting to randomly cycle through the boys goal songs during the 4th quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least 4 times right through.
A few second 1/4s.
A mini or 2.
1 finals campaign right through.

Highly recommend doing all 4 finals games from start to finish, it’s a weekend job, but it’s a beauty.

I’ll be hammering it all summer, everytime I think ‘yep - I’m done for a while, the feeling comes back and I’m ready for a re-watch within 24 hours’

🤣🤣🤣

4, annoyed the pre game entertainment is not available but.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Link below will give you the full 18.5-minute performance.
This is way better than watching live at the ground.
The audio at the ground was great but TV gives you better camera shots especially the aerial ones.
Also, TV has the advantage of directing each camera the way Katie Perry most likely wanted it shown.
I would have preferred they did not do the CGI on a few songs, pretty distracting in my opinion but i am an old codger

Watch on a PC or laptop in widescreen.
You can also watch on TV if you have a setup for that.
However there a few adds when i watched it on my TV, and they spoil the whole thing especially when one comes on 1/2 way through one song.

Last edited:
Rewatching games throughout the season to enjoy something different. Can just enjoy them knowing this team has won a premiership that I couldn’t do for previous contending seasons.

I put on the Kayo Mini of our game against St Kilda at Marvel for something differnt. God they were putrid that day. No wonder their preseident wants to spend all of his time talking about academy and father son rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 GF - how many times have you watched?

Back