Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

100% I was told Cogs was coming at the time, from a guy that had links to our board. I'd back this guy in any time.

But that's a great example of "solid mail" going wrong. It's never done until Cleary or Cal announce it on X tbh.
No, that is a great example of AFL manipulation of an outcome. Imagine the outcry if that happened in any major international sport.

If I was Lyon, I would be saying to Battle:

"Hawks are clearly on the way up and could win a premiership or two before you hang up the boots. However, there is no guarantee you will be part of the premiership team. You have to get past one of Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle for starters. They also have two first round backs in the wings and Jai Serong who is handy. Stay here and you will always be best 22, we will match any salary they offer, and we might even make you captain."
Given Battle has spoken of earning as much as possible do they still get match day payments on top of a base salary?

I have seen on here that Frosty has triggered another year next year on well he has played! Which has been elite but could we see Hawks trading Frosty to the Kangas knowing we have Phillips and Blanck waiting in the wings for the full back spot!!

This is why you don’t login during kick-ons.

Will trigger band one.
Essentially Battle for pick 5. I'd let him walk.

Smart by us if we are offering a tasty deal that both entices Battle and makes the Aints just retreat for the pick. **** I love that we aren’t stuck in the lowballing days any more.

No, that is a great example of AFL manipulation of an outcome. Imagine the outcry if that happened in any major international sport.

It has and did cause outcry. The NBA vetoed a trade that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers and he in turn went to the Clippers who the NBA happened to own at the time and were trying to sell to the highest bidder. I hate the Lakers so love their misery but it was still corrupt as hell.

If Battle doesn't eventuate, I hope we're in Harrison Petty's ear. He's being forced into the forward line by an idiot of a coach and probably needs a fresh start.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
Didn’t Melbourne turn down the 2 first rounders that the crows were offering last year?

Seems as ludicrous now as it did then. He’d cost way too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or we aren't up and about cause we don't have the right mix in the midfield.

Having that many options would be a good problem to have.

Someone would be leaving, there's just no way we could fit all of - Newcombe, Day, Smith, Worpel, Nash, Mackenzie, MacDonald (if he moves into the middle) and Hustwaite in the same side, never mind the same midfield. Something has got to give.

Nick Watson & Calsher Dear to St. Kilda??? :oops:
Go and get one of those 12-inch wire brushes from Bunnings, then go to the bathroom and scrub your mouth.

For first round compensation the Saints would be ultimately happy to see him go, given it would most likely be a top 7 pick.

No one would be trading a top 10 pick for Battle straight up.

First round compo for Battle would be an absolute joke - but is well in keeping with the AFL's penchant for completely bastardising their own "equalization" measures.

another day, another chance to make it harder to rise up the ladder via the draft ...

Personally, I cannot fathom how Hawk supporters are enthusiastic about bringing in (and paying a lot of money) for another 3rd tall defender. He will never be as good as Sicily in the role, even as Sicily ages, and we currently have Scrimshaw in career best form in this role (and McCabe hopefully for the near future).

I understand its slim pickings for free agents this year, but jeesh ...

First round compo for Battle would be an absolute joke - but is well in keeping with the AFL's penchant for completely bastardising their own "equalization" measures.

another day, another chance to make it harder to rise up the ladder via the draft ...

Personally, I cannot fathom how Hawk supporters are enthusiastic about bringing in (and paying a lot of money) for another 3rd tall defender. He will never be as good as Sicily in the role, even as Sicily ages, and we currently have Scrimshaw in career best form in this role (and McCabe hopefully for the near future).

I understand its slim pickings for free agents this year, but jeesh ...
You can never have too much talent on ure list because guess what injuries, form and suspensions happen

You can never have too much talent on ure list because guess what injuries, form and suspensions happen
Plus Scrim is a genuine CHB these days, not a third tall.

Not sure what you are saying here. They are both 25. Do you really think it is going to take us more than five years for us to be "up and about". On our current trajectory we should be pushing into finals next year.
25 is not KID enough for mustang's liking.

Just for the ability to free up Weddle to move up the ground alone, Battle is worth every cent.
Exactly, it’s not about adding a tall defender purely and simply it’s about the domino effect it would have on the other guys. Suddenly Sicily isn’t needing to worry about having to play on an important player he plays on a guy he can zone off more and play his role better

Exactly, it’s not about adding a tall defender purely and simply it’s about the domino effect it would have on the other guys. Suddenly Sicily isn’t needing to worry about having to play on an important player he plays on a guy he can zone off more and play his role better

The domino effect also sends one guy to the reserves?

Will trigger band one.
Essentially Battle for pick 5. I'd let him walk.

For the life of me I don’t understand why the AFL aren’t overhauling the FA compo system in their review they are undertaking currently.. Battle’s a decent player but pick 6 for him… I’d be clearing his locker for him if I was Ross Lyon.. It’s such a flawed system..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plus Scrim is a genuine CHB these days, not a third tall.

I genuinely hope you are right. But I would be totally convinced if Scrimshaw did it at the same consistent level for 2 consecutive seasons now that he is mature enough to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back