Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For the life of me I don’t understand why the AFL aren’t overhauling the FA compo system in their review they are undertaking currently.. Battle’s a decent player but pick 6 for him… I’d be clearing his locker for him if I was Ross Lyon.. It’s such a flawed system..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Apparently the multipe years for Buddy before it became fashionable a decade later didnt raise any concern regarding fairness. And this was also before the monstrous salary cap rises. It is a joke and another form of handicapping, not equalisation, but handicapping.

And before anyone tells me 19 was all we could get because we were premiers, that is crap. There were clauses back then that would allow intervention and a far fairer compensation to us, that would no doubt be utilised today for the 'right' circumstances.

Otherwise, why the **** have that clause. How else would it ever come into play, if the Buddy FA compensation wasn't an exceptoinal circumstance.

Apparently the multipe years for Buddy before it became fashionable a decade later didnt raise any concern regarding fairness. And this was also before the monstrous salary cap rises. It is a joke and another form of handicapping, not equalisation, but handicapping.

And before anyone tells me 19 was all we could get because we were premiers, that is crap. There were clauses back then that would allow intervention and a far fairer compensation to us, that would no doubt be utilised today for the 'right' circumstances.

Otherwise, why the **** have that clause. How else would it ever come into play, if the Buddy FA compensation wasn't an exceptoinal circumstance.

My main gripe is the AFL go on about having a pure draft and yet their system almost guarantees the draft will be compromised.. they also want crap teams to get better yet incentivise crap teams to trade out their better players for draft picks they have shown they are incapable of developing.. Kangas are worse for having Zane Duurssma over Ben McKay yet the system was set up to make that decision for them. And bad luck all the teams that get pushed back as a result.. such a trash system..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely these guys do things like this for the LOLs. Bloody pranksters are probably on here in their down time laughing there a$$es off at some of the comments 😂
It's like they are a pack of rascals.....

Little Rascals Goodbye GIF

Herald Sun reporting that Tyson Stengle has knocked back St.Kilda's offer and will remain with Geelong on 700K over 4 years. This means if Battle leaves St.Kilda get to keep the compensation without the fear of Stengle's recruitment cancelling it out. They also say Geelong are in the box seat to recruit Bailey Smith.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our first pick will probably get a Christian Moraes if we don't trade it for Bailey Smith!

I reckon Josh Battle is a done deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back