Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the only one. Not denying his obvious talent but some of the media hype on him this year has been solely on reputation and previous hype. Not doubting he could live up to every bit of it but I am not as blown away as some are.

He reminds me of Luke Hodge early days.

Huge hype and then everyone saying “country lad, lazy, blah blah blah and then bang the penny drops and he becomes a superstar.

the Eagles would want 3 first rounders so it ain’t happening with us.

Someone like Essendon however ….. it’s there sort of move they would make. Sell the absolute farm and then not have enough around him to help him flourish.

The last time Barrass played on Curnow he had 9 goals kicked on him.

Barrass is not saving us if our mids don’t turn up and put in a shift, and we won’t need him if they do.

I’d rather spend the draft capital on a player who can plug into our midfield with 8-10 years ahead of him.

This is an expensive and unnecessary punt on a 29 year old w a dodgy back.

Hope it falls through.
Would love to see how some of our defenders would have done when the result was over 100 points and the ball delivery was relentless. Plus he kicked a few of those on Rotham and Bazzo.
I remember Silvagni and Langford having big bags kicked on them aswell. Barrass will be a great get.

We could have got Mass for free.
Collingwood were desperate to give Ginnivan away and Wright is a decent operator in those circumstances.

Gold Coast pushed Chol out and still got a future 2nd for him.

We gave up Burton, a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for Chad who Port pushed out.

Wowsers.

Are you a deep deep mole troll from some dopey Club or something?
Any supporter who looks at our trading the last few years and thinks we didn't scorch the earth with them is flat dumb.

He reminds me of Luke Hodge early days.

Huge hype and then everyone saying “country lad, lazy, blah blah blah and then bang the penny drops and he becomes a superstar.

the Eagles would want 3 first rounders so it ain’t happening with us.

Someone like Essendon however ….. it’s there sort of move they would make. Sell the absolute farm and then not have enough around him to help him flourish.
Next year - 2025 R1, 2026 R1, 2027 R1?

We would do it.

Not the only one. Not denying his obvious talent but some of the media hype on him this year has been solely on reputation and previous hype. Not doubting he could live up to every bit of it but I am not as blown away as some are.

Matt Rowel would be a better fit than Harley if chasing former #1 draft picks. Has that workman like quality.

Wowsers.

Are you a deep deep mole troll from some dopey Club or something?
Any supporter who looks at our trading the last few years and thinks we didn't scorch the earth with them is flat dumb.
We obviously knocked it out the park. We could have been ruthless but we we were fair and reasonable as we always are. My point is we will overpay for Barrass and that is a massive risk given his age and injury history.

When it was announced, Roughead’s role was described as ‘Player Acquisition Manager’ with a focus on free agency and trades.

That's what I thought which made me think MM does only scouting and drafting on draft day.

Would think Serong would be more appropriate than DGB in a trade for Barrass
Why would he want to play for West Coast? Try and trade him there and if he wanted to move to WA he would ask for a trade to Freo who would love him to keep Caleb happy and we end up with a third or future third which doesn’t help us at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me he's similar to the young Dangerfield. Bull but prone to mishaps. He's less than 12 months into his career and he's going to need more support than he's getting at the moment on field.

Maybe, but a first rounder for a 30 year old even as solid as Barass doesn’t sit that well with me especially if we land Battle.
Yep- why everyone has just decided it’s a given that a 30 year old is worth a 1st has got me stuffed…
West coast will be wrapped to have a big contract for an aging, injury prone player that won’t be a part of their next tilt off their books and we’re gonna hand them a 1st rounder + maybe more for their trouble…
They’ll be laughing all the way to the bank… its on par with Norf giving up 1st rd picks for a cooked Jonathan Hay and Nathan Thompson…
I’d just be bringing in Battle for free to keep Weddle out of the backline and using our 1st on a key defender to develop behind Frost/Blanck who are very capable right now…

Last edited:
We obviously knocked it out the park. We could have been ruthless but we we were fair and reasonable as we always are. My point is we will overpay for Barrass and that is a massive risk given his age and injury history.

TB is a risk for sure given his age but so is not finding a Gorilla defender and regretting it for years to come. We have been so lucky that Frosty has held up and had his best year ever. If he went down who is next up….. serong and McCabe are not strong enough yet.

I am hoping with Barrass and Battle for 3-4 years as our rocks down back will allow Blanket and McCabe enough time to develop.

Has English extension been announced yet? I hear good mail the Crows are up to their ears in him, apparently ROB may be taking time away for Medical studies. If that happens, could we throw Reeves into discussions for Baz? If it doesnt go through, who would we like from the Crows? :)

Has English extension been announced yet? I hear good mail the Crows are up to their ears in him, apparently ROB may be taking time away for Medical studies. If that happens, could we throw Reeves into discussions for Baz? If it doesnt go through, who would we like from the Crows? :)
The English contract is with the AFL for approval.

Bailey Smith would have to select us, sounds like he has picked Geelong.

this was yesterday

Am I the only one not swept up in the H. Reid hype?

He seems to do a couple of very impressive things a game then he spends the rest of the game doing DGB impersonations
Looking at things from his perspective (and being mindful he is still a teenager) he's probably feeling a bit frustrated and resentful that by virtue of being the most dominant/promising talent in his draft class he's had no agency over the direction of the start of his career. Forced to go to the other side of the country to play in one of the worst performing teams.

The club has fired Adam Simpson who he apparently got on well with and seems to be struggling to attract a good replacement at this point. There's no real direction for the club until this role is filled and if they're missing out on the preferred options then the odds that they're going to end up with a coach who is able to rebuild and turnaround the fortunes of the club quickly are low.

He's got the WA media yapping about him 24/7, absolutely smothering him. Unfairly putting all the pressure for the future of the club on his shoulders. And in-lieu of the possibility of any team success this year he's also been stiff to be ruled ineligible for an individual award in the Rising Star that he'd have most likely won. And the reason he was ruled ineligible is because he laid a hard tackle on a player who was tagging him because he was literally their best midfielder.

Then he's got his good mate Nick Watson who was fortunate to land at Hawthorn just as the club comes good again. Getting to play in wins most weeks, probably a finals series in his first year, an environment where he can play to his strengths and is supported to perform well by his teammates and receiving great off field support from the senior coach.

Being a competitive beast who could be the best player in the game in a few years I think it's understandable given the above that he could come across as petulant. He'd be in the best 22 at every club which means he could be looking to play finals in a few weeks if he wasn't stuck at a club that could potentially be many years away from even looking like they could.

I changed it to easily attainable.

The post before mine mentioned getting Barrass and Reid from West Coast as though it would just be a walk in the park. People keep popping his name up as though our list management team don't know who he is. Posts like 'why do we need Barrass, if we are dealing with the Eagles let's just get Reid!!!'.

If Reid wants out and says he wants to come here then sure that'll be great. But do you really foresee it happening this year?
No, it's not easy in the park to get Reid, but I'm willing to pay a reasonable offer if he wants to come back to Victoria.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, it's not easy in the park to get Reid, but I'm willing to pay a reasonable offer if he wants to come back to Victoria.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Curious to know what a reasonable offer is. Think people will be blown away by an asking price when he becomes out of contract if he wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back