Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

History says if they haven’t signed on by now then they are more likely gone but If I am a Saints supporter and listening to that I am thinking he is staying.

He is very strong in his praise for the Saints, working with the youngsters and talks about Ross as a father figure. He knows he is not playing Finals so why go to those lengths????

Surely you would cut Mitch off and just say, “I have a big decision coming up around my future and at this stage I am undecided and need some time to sit down and think it all through”

I reckon he is leaning towards staying

I interpreted that as "Future is bright, they'll be fine without me"

History says if they haven’t signed on by now then they are more likely gone but If I am a Saints supporter and listening to that I am thinking he is staying.

He is very strong in his praise for the Saints, working with the youngsters and talks about Ross as a father figure. He knows he is not playing Finals so why go to those lengths????

Surely you would cut Mitch off and just say, “I have a big decision coming up around my future and at this stage I am undecided and need some time to sit down and think it all through”

I disagree. I reckon he's made the decision to leave and feels guilty that he's abandoning everyone for a better situation. The fact is he is most leaving for a better situation (likely financial + team success) so what you're seeing from him in that clip is guilt which is normal if you're a good human. Like any player leaving relationships are severed. We'll just have to wait to see how it goes.

Last edited:

I disagree. I reckon he's made the decision to leave and feels guilty that he's abandoning everyone for a better situation. The fact is he would most certainly be leaving for a better situation (likely financial + team success) so what you're seeing from him in that clip is guilt which is normal if you're a good human. Like any player leaving relationships are severed. We'll just have to wait to see how it goes.

100% this.

There's no dismissal of him considering leaving. He tries to soften the blow by stating positives about the Saints future. Does come across as a genuinely caring individual.

The Saints will also be seeing this as a Win/Win, as a potential pick 6 as compensation will help them load up on top end talent.

Battle is torn between the bag 💰 and the saints 🗑️🚮

To be fair, he had been able to watch the HFC beat the living suitcase out of Carlton before that interview was conducted.
We were clearly still top of mind while he was being interviewed.

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please summarise that? It’s behind a paywall, and you couldn’t pay ME to subscribe to a turdoch shitrag…
in a nutshell...Hawks first not what it was a month ago and they look like they will be better next year meaning that next years wont be good either so they might need to give up more

nothing any other reporters from WA havent already said

What a sh*tty question to be asking him in the Saints locker room right after the game. What the heck is he supposed to say? Battle (as he looks around to see if anyone is listening) and then proceeds to whisper 'I can't fooking wait to get out of here to join the club I supported as a child so I can take awesome selfies and top notch goal celebrations' 😂😂😂

I did laugh how he mentioned that Ross was like a father figure. Classic.

He did ok, better than saying "it is what it is" over and over again...

To be fair, he had been able to watch the HFC beat the living suitcase out of Carlton before that interview was conducted.
We were clearly still top of mind while he was being interviewed.

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Please don't make me look at that campaigner.

In terms of the lie-detector, we needed a good question to compare with, instead, they were all a bit cringe-worthy so Battle looked uncomfortable the whole way through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back