Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep this is why plugging gaps with FA isn’t going to work as players only want to come if you’re successful.

And we aren’t going to rise until we fill the gaps, drafting is still the best way to build a list to rise then top up with FA not before.

Once you have a base top up and keep the list going with FA as much as you want but keep an eye on the future with draft picks also.
You can have all the first round picks in the world, the key is development.

That's what phase we are in now.

You can have all the first round picks in the world, the key is development.

That's what phase we are in now.

I agree the key is development but we have gaps everywhere and can’t get FA to fill them.

I still think we need to draft more players for the gaps but time will tell so we will see I guess.

I agree the key is development but we have gaps everywhere and can’t get FA to fill them.

I still think we need to draft more players for the gaps but time will tell so we will see I guess.
We don't have gaps everywhere. We’ve just got lots of developing and inconsistent kids.

Again, you’re just being impatient.

Amon was arguably the best available FA when we got him.

It's not all doom and gloom people. Like SYL says, it's about development. These kids are the best of the best, it's what happens when they're drafted that matters.

Jarrod Berry is such a good player. He's about 6th in line in the BL midfield, and there's still two Ashcrofts to come in.

I was feeling a bit like this but really happy to see Dear showing so much as a KF and great wraps on Mcabe as KB. Add a top 3 midfielder from this years draft and Bailey Smith ( via next years 1st round pick ) and suddenly the side start to look a lot better

I was feeling a bit like this but really happy to see Dear showing so much as a KF and great wraps on Mcabe as KB. Add a top 3 midfielder from this years draft and Bailey Smith ( via next years 1st round pick ) and suddenly the side start to look a lot better
Only issue is McCabe looks like being a forward KP. According to the plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear or McCabe can play that role early

Hopefully we draft a couple of 197/98 talls so they can develop at BH in the FB and CHB roles then while these two develop at CHF/FF roles.

Would be great if we did and the talls all came through together I wonder young Ned Maginness could develop into a tall back if he was to get drafted Chris Langford was brought onto the list as a wingman if I remember right.

Hopefully we draft a couple of 197/98 talls so they can develop at BH in the FB and CHB roles then while these two develop at CHF/FF roles.

Would be great if we did and the talls all came through together I wonder young Ned Maginness could develop into a tall back if he was to get drafted Chris Langford was brought onto the list as a wingman if I remember right.

I like to let kids settle at Boxhill! However I do not believe in holding a kid back if his knocking the coaches door down and form dictates a debut.

I think he could play the Jack Gunston role on a HFF successfully for a few years in the seniors. Once his ready KPP / Ruck role for Dear.

Once Ned Maginness finishes developing it would be worth a try if he was drafted.

At the moment I am looking forward to McCabes debut for Boxhill.

If some of our F/S make it, it will make the Tassie drafts not as harsh on us. They don’t have to be all superstars, but one would be a blessing!

Jarrod Berry is such a good player. He's about 6th in line in the BL midfield, and there's still two Ashcrofts to come in.

Best mates with McCluggage apparently, have been for years. Both free agents. Apparently we've already spoken to McCluggage, so why not make a huge offer to get both across. Berry instantly walks into out midfield, and McCluggage and Amon (he's not a defender Sam) on the wings we'd be set for 5+yrs. We keep hearing we've got salary cap room, lets use it and save draft capital

Best mates with McCluggage apparently, have been for years. Both free agents. Apparently we've already spoken to McCluggage, so why not make a huge offer to get both across. Berry instantly walks into out midfield, and McCluggage and Amon (he's not a defender Sam) on the wings we'd be set for 5+yrs. We keep hearing we've got salary cap room, lets use it and save draft capital
McCluggage, Berry and Smith would be one of the greatest off seasons of all time. If we could SOMEHOW hold onto our first rounder this year, the midfield would officially be SET

McCluggage, Berry and Smith would be one of the greatest off seasons of all time. If we could SOMEHOW hold onto our first rounder this year, the midfield would officially be SET
Can't see how we get Smith without a first going to the Dogs. Hopefully just a future first if that;s the case

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back