Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Flip flopping like havianas

We’ve been where they’re at. We all felt dudded when Hodge (nothing), Mitchell, Lewis, Titch all left for peanuts. I feel their pain.

They just have to realise when you’re in need of picks and a player wants out, you lose a bit of bargaining power. We know it all too well.

Im sure the Barrass deal will get done.
Eagles are always unreasonable, not sure why anyone would have expected something else.
Ultimately it's whether they want to deal soon and get on with trying to maximise their position with the available time or blink late.
If they convince Barass to entertain other offers then good luck to all of them, we would move on pretty quick.

Nah dude. If he was out of contract maybe, but he isn't.

The issue is you rocketed up the ladder late. Had it been pick 6-8, we would've been sweet. Pick 14 already slips back to pick 18 or whatever after the quirks of the system.

It is what it is. As a fan, I'd be super happy to see Tom Barrass remain in blue and gold.
Barrass at 29, pretty much 30. First round pick is good enough. At 26, yes 2 firsts.

Because Richmond is trying to swindle you, doesn't mean wce should swindle themselves.

If mark trades a future 1st n 2nd I will be filthy. IMHO it's you pick between our or blues future first or we walk. We got battle, Barrass is a sweetener, we take 2 firsts and 2nds and get Warner :)

Eagles have the worst list by a mile in the comp. They need picks, it would be a disaster if they take only pick 3 in the top 30 this year while only adding baker.

It’s criminal that their beginning of second round pick for coming last was pick 30. How the hell do you rebuild with that stuff going on?

Im sure the Barrass deal will get done.
Eagles are always unreasonable, not sure why anyone would have expected something else.
Ultimately it's whether they want to deal soon and get on with trying to maximise their position with the available time or blink late.
If they convince Barass to entertain other offers then good luck to all of them, we would move on pretty quick.
My last post here but we’re unreasonable? On our board we think our recruitment team have been walkovers for the last few years.

I wish our dudes could be more unreasonable just quietly.

Anyway, we’ll see what transpires.

Exactly pick 14 (no more no less)
half baked boo GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First up there is no 14

Second - you have got really defensive when I asked a simple question and there was no malice in it - so I'll ask again.

do you think Barass and Baker are of equal value?

There are things you can point to. Baker would be a good chance to play about twice as much football as Barrass from this point and actually be around the next time the Eagles make a run.

But much more importantly, even if West Coast were willing to give up a good pick for a good-to-average player, it has zero bearing on how a completely separate deal should go down.

"Oh no, we can't accept that for Barrass because we plan to overpay for some B-grader and that would make us look bad."

Okay? And?

I'm sure it'll all work out with future picks now and both fans will feel they got a little screwed. Always happens. Insular WA media dangling the idea of two straight up first round picks for a (very good) 29 year old who needs to manage a back injury for the rest of his career/life was always going to be a set up for disappointment.

My last post here but we’re unreasonable? On our board we think our recruitment team have been walkovers for the last few years.

I don’t consider the Eagles as unreasonable IMO.

On this occasion, I respect you’re trying to get the best return for your club, at a really important time for your club, I get that and I’d hope my club would do the same.

I do find 2 firsts to be way over the top, and thought the 14 and F2 you should have bitten our hand off. But that’s obviously how far apart the supporter bases (and probably clubs by the sound of it) are.

It boils down to one thing - Barrass turned down massive overtures from Sydney a few years back to stay at West Coast with an agreement that he'd be looked after with the increase in TPP. West Coast reneged on that, and so he looked elsewhere.

That's why West Coast's position is unreasonable. You can't act like that internally and then pretend the player holds an unbelievable amount of value externally, we sure didn't with Tom Mitchell.

Sometimes it's a bitter pill to swallow that you'll get less for Barrass than he might otherwise be worth, but that it is your club's fault. If you wanted to keep him, you'd have paid him and he'd be off the market. You didn't.

We really don't though.
a) keep him or
b) sell to one of your eight victorian rivals who may pay the better price.

Option C is he retires out of spite, which he won't do.

We need picks, sure, but pick 14 just didn't cut it - clearly the club felt the same way.
I don't think you get it, we DON'T care about what you do in regards to your draft hand ... Barras said goodbye, he's gone . If he doesn't end up at Hawks, which he most likely will ' , then we'd move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back