Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Future first, this year's second rounder, their current half back and a depth player for a 28 year old half back (which is not a desperate need for them), is definitely not making out like bandits.

They've basically traded completely out of the last two drafts for two players who will not turn the needle for them.

They are on borrowed time as it is.
Yeh - Shultz and Houston both good players to target - but the definitely aren't filling a gaping hole for Collingwood in the same way that literally any decent tall player/key position player would - or a midfielder that is either a bull OR a polished finisher.

Anyone else concerned we have very few picks in a really deep draft?

We have as many picks as we want. They'll just be late ones unless we trade back in.

fwiw, I think the club only plan to take two / three selections with one of them being a matched bid on the Beast.

Mate you have no idea. Sammy made a special trip over to piss in Tom's ear.
Keep up.
Didn’t he all but sign with Sydney then was talking to the dogs this year until we came in and made a better offer? Yep sounds like he’s happy there and we definitely initiated everything? I think you need to change your username there is nothing “based” about your incoherent rambling.😂

Posted the below megatrade in the TB draft thread, seems well received except the Tigers may baulk at trading the 1st pick of Day 2( pick 24).

I do remember reading a news that AFL is going to cap 1st day picks to 20 irrespective of if FS/Academy picks was slided in that pushes the original pick 21 holder to not be first for Day 2. Someone else can confirm if this is the case or not

Seems like Eagles are being pushed to trade pick 3 & blues have smelt their desperation

Saints:
In: Pick 3, Hawks F1st
Out: Pick 7, Pick 8

Eagles:
In: Pick 8, 14, Hawks F2, Baker
Out: Pick 3, Barass, F3

Tigers:
In: 12, Blues F3
Out: Baker, 24

Hawks:
In: Barrass
Out: Hawks F1st, Hawks F2nd

Blues:
In: Pick 7, Pick 24, Eagles F3
Out: Pick 12, Pick 14, F3

PS : Tempted to give the Blues F3 to Hawks instead of Tigers for doing all the work. It should go to whichever List manger did the running around herding Cats.
Smith will nominate $$$ & years for any club that wishes to draft him
Terms are nominated only in PSD and many clubs will take him before cats get their turn.

In ND, no terms AFAIK. Just standard draft terms but surely the Salary is different.

The longer this drags on the harder it will be to do other bargain trades like we got mass last year for late picks if that's the plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer this drags on the harder it will be to do other bargain trades like we got mass last year for late picks if that's the plan.
No, clubs are lining up multiple deals. And they will all go through in the last hour. Plenty of time to make a deal in the next 2 days if we have anyone in mind.

Despite what the media is saying, I'm pretty sure that Barrass deal was agreed as soon as the Carlton trade went through. It'll be complicated and likely involve Richmond but we did the deal because we needed the extra 2nd to make it work.

West coast fans losing their minds like we just did the deal without them, it's all part of multiple picks flying around and will make sense on Wednesday.

Who is the beast?
One thing does strike me over the Sam era; we've had no priority picks, no outrageously generous compensation bonuses from AFL house (no compensation picks at all come to that), no academy gifts, no Gold Coast freebies, no go-home players who simply cannot live outside of Glenferrie Road who we pick up for chips, no way-over the odds trades for any of our players, no super star recruits, and just one end of first round F&S, who promptly got injured and hasn't had any impact as yet.

We really have built this team the hard way.

You can see in action why the suns have to manage as they do. They had picks 2/3/6 in the 2018 super draft and now picks 2/3 rankine and lukoscious are gone and rumours of King persist. Essentially they are forced to focus on 2 recruitment strategies mostly home grown talent and taking anyone decent who nominated them. As I said draft picks are mere points to them and with another strong academy hand next year and a major tightening of the DVI, their goal this period is simply to get Noble and Rioli and amass early future picks. They will do all that I believe they have 3 future firsts now so as Chris Scott would say mission accomplished. The people slagging them off don’t really understand the industry and especially the unique challenges they face. Also when did the Lions start a strategy to go from basket case with everyone leaving to a flag? When they started recruiting regional Victoria players where Brisbane life was much more similar to home and look what happened. List management is incredibly complex and they are doing well of late and it’s hard to see them not being successful now with a decent coach too.
F%^*ing hell this trade period is the worst!🤪🤪🤪🤪

Trade period needs to either be more transparent or shorter. We’re a week deep and the biggest player trade so far was Alex Neal-Bullen.

Delaying trades for drama is ridiculous and unfair on the players.
If all audiences stopped tuning into the TV and radio shows for a week and only started watching/listening from Monday to Wednesday, then it will be, until then, afl is giving what the public wants, which is more content!

You can see in action why the suns have to manage as they do. They had picks 2/3/6 in the 2018 super draft and now picks 2/3 rankine and lukoscious are gone and rumours of King persist. Essentially they are forced to focus on 2 recruitment strategies mostly home grown talent and taking anyone decent who nominated them. As I said draft picks are mere points to them and with another strong academy hand next year and a major tightening of the DVI, their goal this period is simply to get Noble and Rioli and amass early future picks. They will do all that I believe they have 3 future firsts now so as Chris Scott would say mission accomplished. The people slagging them off don’t really understand the industry and especially the unique challenges they face. Also when did the Lions start a strategy to go from basket case with everyone leaving to a flag? When they started recruiting regional Victoria players where Brisbane life was much more similar to home and look what happened. List management is incredibly complex and they are doing well of late and it’s hard to see them not being successful now with a decent coach too.
F%^*ing hell this trade period is the worst!🤪🤪🤪🤪

You can’t blame young players drafted there or GWS for thingk in they’ll be moved on eventually so might as well have their own plan to go where they prefer

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back