Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the Doggies still get a compensation pick if he chooses that path?

No compo as he isn't a free agent.

Cats playing on Dogs fear that they will get nothing and the cats will get Smith for the same pick they are offering anyway.

Only works if the other clubs are complicit and don't pick him up before then.

I know we would never really want to 'help' Essendon, but we could benefit by doing a double-swap of second rounders with them to boost our current pick this year I reckon.

First trade: we give Ess an F2 (either of them, idc) for their Pick 28

They then match their NGA bid with their later picks in the draft.

Second trade: Ess give us their F2 for our Pick 33.

Benefits us by moving up +5 spots in the second round this year. Who knows with futures (see us and Coll this year), but you'd think it's more likely than not we could benefit next year too.

Arguably the most boring trade period in memory from a Hawks perspective.
Do we expect a flurry of draft movement?
Do we expect the singular Barrass deal to occur?
Can we expect an itk mystery some time before 5pm on Wednesday?
Will WCE posters continue to stalk our board and freak out when we don't get on our knees for them?

All I know is that I'm bored and I don't want to go into my footy off season hibernation just yet!

Do/watch something else?
Oh I am. But also keeping an eye out.

This trade period we’ve had whole days where nothing has happened or where only picks have been swapped.

Given the ‘prior’ was introduced by the AFL to increase fan entertainment, they sure are failing.

At the very least, cut the period back to the original 5 or 3 day period. The clubs work for months beforehand with each other and managers anyway.

Arguably the most boring trade period in memory from a Hawks perspective.
Do we expect a flurry of draft movement?
Do we expect the singular Barrass deal to occur?
Can we expect an itk mystery some time before 5pm on Wednesday?
Will WCE posters continue to stalk our board and freak out when we don't get on our knees for them?

All I know is that I'm bored and I don't want to go into my footy off season hibernation just yet!

FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALLL ZEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok but what about his career after his debut season?
It gets boring after that. Wins it all every year while carrying the Hawks to a 17 peat and goes onto beat some bloke named Chuck Norris in a donut hole eating competition while captaining Earth to the first intergalactic AFL premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most boring trade period since the last day of last trade period.

Last year was a boring trade period since the last day of the 2022 trade period.

Who says history doesn’t repeat. Bring on Wednesday when shit gets done

It's nice to be back to a world where draft night is irrelevant. Good memories of our premiership era.

But this trade period has been painful.
Every trade period has been painful. They should have the list managers enter a “Thunderdome” 2 managers enter, 1 manager leaves, that would be a great trade period.

Announcement tomorrow, take it to the bank.

Thirteenth Doctor GIF by Doctor Who

Before this trade period began we essentially knew we would be picking up Battle and Barrass. That took the surprise element out of our trade period.

We also knew our list spots were super tight, so other potential acquisitions required us to lose some depth players.
At this stage no Hawks players have asked for a trade, which is a great sign, as we get to maintain a deep list for next year.

So overall we will improve our list, and we have some of the most exciting kids in the league. Can't really see too many things to complain about from my perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back