Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's a straight up 14 and thats it. If they want 14 plus something. Then its a 14 + F2 and then their F2 coming back.
I'm sure the Eagles would luuuuurve that proposal.:p

(Which isn't to say I disagree with you massively...though that might be a bit too much in OUR favour)

I'm with you that he's a straight up 14

Last edited:
Geez I really hope DGB never reads this article about himself cause that would be pretty :poo: reading for the kid. He very well night not end up being the star that some thought he'd end up being however this doesn't mean that he wont make it at AFL level.

Having said all this I think most will agree that his best chance might actually to be delisted and given a lifeline by a team like WC or North that need a backman. It's also important to remember that his 2024 season never really took off after dealing with turf toe and for someone that really needed to work on his tank not having a preseason to do so was never going to allow him to build one. A good example of someone that didn't look to flash that was dealing with turf toe was Scrimmers which took him some time to work through it.

Wether it be on our list or somewhere else I hope he does well.

Oh, these media guys love turning a harsh eye on anyone but themselves. It's why I only respectfully listen to Nathan Buckley. Everyone else has fits of histrionics to various degrees so ignore with frequency.

It's a little weird to me that West Coast are dragging this out.

Id say to most neutral observers pick 14 for a good 28 year old KPD with injury concerns is probably spot on the money?

Sometimes I find trade week a bit like that David Attenborough documentary on the Birds of Paradise, lots of jumping up and down and making loud noises to impress 😂

The existing contract means little now compared to the fact Barrass has already said his goodbyes and mentally moved on. Technically they could hold him to it but assuming he did play on with them next year the vibes would be atrocious.

Having him stay at the club that unhappy and having that negative energy around the locker room would arguably be a worse result than losing him for nothing at all. Pick 14 in a straight swap would be ideal in comparison. We’ll probably end up adding a little more value in the form of a pick swap just to keep them happy but I don’t see it being more than that.

It's a little weird to me that West Coast are dragging this out.

Id say to most neutral observers pick 14 for a good 28 year old KPD with injury concerns is probably spot on the money?

Sometimes I find trade week a bit like that David Attenborough documentary on the Birds of Paradise, lots of jumping up and down and making loud noises to impress 😂

It's not this trade that is all they are concerned about. Perhaps it suits them elsewhere to have this one go on a little longer as it adds pressure to someone else in some way. If this wasn't going ahead then we would hear rumblings from the ITK's, not just casual observers asking for certainty.

Jack Graham compo is a second round pick. This means Barrett remains on the air :(

It's not this trade that is all they are concerned about. Perhaps it suits them elsewhere to have this one go on a little longer as it adds pressure to someone else in some way. If this wasn't going ahead then we would hear rumblings from the ITK's, not just casual observers asking for certainty.
This deal will get done, but probably later in the week that's all!

This deal will get done, but probably later in the week that's all!

Here's hoping - if the AFL pick this one as one of their contrived final day televised trades it'll be annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Graham compo is a second round pick. This means Barrett remains on the air :(
I did see that.

However contrary to how we feel about the Cattery, I agree with Andrew Mackie, all compo is after the or at the end of the first round, not placed after ones current position. How can clubs deal and negotiate during trade week when your position in the first round can drop by 5 slots during the week. Pathetic.

I did see that.

However contrary to how we feel about the Cattery, I agree with Andrew Mackie, all compo is after the or at the end of the first round, not placed after ones current position. How can clubs deal and negotiate during trade week when your position in the first round can drop by 5 slots during the week. Pathetic.
Cats would/should be the last club to complain about anything. Guess it’s just in their DNA

I did see that.

The first round comp pick can be manipulated through a "bidding war" that ultimately favours the club losing the player.
It's in their favour to make the players new contract as big as possible.

I did see that.

I hate the comp picks but surely the free agency period should finish before the trade period starts i.e the week after the grand final

This allows the draft picks to be set before trades open

(Im in the no comp picks team but just throwing out an easy solution to Andrew Mackie's comment)

I hate the comp picks but surely the free agency period should finish before the trade period starts i.e the week after the grand final

This allows the draft picks to be set before trades open

(Im in the no comp picks team but just throwing out an easy solution to Andrew Mackie's comment)
I'm still not sure what stops St Kilda from trading the pick they got for Battle and then signing a free agent of their own.

The AFL can't exactly reduce the compensation once it's been traded. I guess the only sensible option would be to deny them the ability to sign a free agent on a deal that would impact compo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back