Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrass at 29, pretty much 30. First round pick is good enough. At 26, yes 2 firsts.

Because Richmond is trying to swindle you, doesn't mean wce should swindle themselves.

If mark trades a future 1st n 2nd I will be filthy. IMHO it's you pick between our or blues future first or we walk. We got battle, Barrass is a sweetener, we take 2 firsts and 2nds and get Warner :)
Pretty much 30? You know if turned 29 yesterday right?

I don’t suggest getting involved but if anyone is looking for a quick laugh there was Richmond and west coast nuffs arguing about the quality of their young talent in the Tom Barrass trade thread.

I look forward to Barrass joining, I’ll trust MM and the team to have a plan.

Come on mate, still with the 2 F1's line even after you have seen MM stand firm on 14 being the right price for Barass and willing to come down to F2 and F3 swap.

Not directed at you per se Bugs1977 but at all those wanna be list managers who wanted to give 2 first rounders to get Barass, pls note. The job is easy if you are going to overpay.

The quality ones try to do deals that benefit the club and that means getting head around complex stuff, playing poker., having plan B/C/D in play.

Actually not a great deal IMO and only works if you think Blues won't be Top 4 at bare minimum. Given their desperation for Houston, I think their pick 34 could have been wrangled. Maybe let them keep their F2 and take the Lions F2+34

But whats done is done. Blues now have 12+14 for Houston which is surely overs, so i am thinking they get Port's 39 back.
Maybe we are thinking like the pies supporters in the blues pies main board shitfight and Carlton to end up 13 th…

Pick 14 for Carlton’s future 1st AND 2nd is taking candy from a baby. Carlton desperate for Houston.

Essential a free second rounder. Good business for us, if (when) we finalise the Barrass trade.

Not that it matters anymore, but I would have been interested in us making a move for the GCS pick by using our F1. I'd have liked for us to take a first rounder into this draft; there will be some good talents available in the teens.

I’ve never felt more watched than with you three. Every one of my posts gets a flattering little emoji or instantaneous reply. I have an image of the three of you staring vacantly at your phones for my posts like three dogs waiting for their owner to come home. It’s quite sweet.

Re Barrass this pick swap with Carlton seems only to confirm my concerns that two firsts for a 29yr old is insanity. It’s looking like the club is going to make it pick.14 for him which is clever, albeit still a little on the high side for my taste. Let’s just get him and get on with the business of winning that flag in the 2020’s to keep that record rolling on.
Far out, you're just insufferable.
You whinge about the Barrass trade, that hasn't happened, daily.
You whinge that people read and respond to your posts, on a public forum.
You whinge that people "play the man", then do the same thing, repeatedly.

It's footy, mate. Its fun, it's communal, and it's not that serious.
I reccomend just giving yourself a thread ban, you'll be better for it

Yep, person in a public forum gets comments on their inane continue negativity. What a surprise

You just got put on my doggy list.

ps Congrats on the instalike and reply from TONYC3163 😅. The guy is quick you have to give him that.

Last edited:
Now we know the clubs intentions I'm looking at the swans pick 19 and 22. Who would be the potential suitors for those picks?
I believe they want to trade out for future picks like GC.

• Collingwood looks like they are after GC pick 13
  • West coast might consider trading F1 into this draft but those picks are to late.
  • Geelong might need to get creative
  • Essendon are consider splitting their first maybe they might consider trading f1 instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really. Why? We sailed past them this year and it’s hard to see why we wouldn’t push further in front. God I hope we trade out our F1st and keep Carlton’s F1st.
That's my personal opinion too. I'm just curious how other list managers would view it. I suspect they would think we have a greater potential (I stress potential) to finish lower next year which might make our future first more valuable in their eyes.

I hope we trade our future 1st too for what it's worth. I think we'll finish higher and I would love to death ride Carlton all year.

We have two future first and two future seconds in the 2025 draft.

I am sure we have edged out bets both way, we have two players we’re interested in, failing that we have a great draft hand in one of the last drafts impacted by Tasmania.

So next year we will have 2 * first rounders (2025) and future first (2026) to play with. Probably more valuable given it will be the last year before draft becomes compromised before Tassie coming in.

Out of all the big Victorian clubs none would have 3 firsts up their sleeve and becoming a destination club again ….. reckon MM is up to something big

We have two future first and two future seconds in the 2025 draft.

I am sure we have edged out bets both way, we have two players we’re interested in, failing that we have a great draft hand in one of the last drafts impacted by Tasmania.
Still feel we need to find our way back into this draft as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back