Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for Susan, she has conveniently forgotten about the fact the Barrass would need to sign off on any trade. So, no Susan, he won’t be going wherever you want him to go.
Also that Richmond do not want to bring in a 29 year old full back. And just because Richmond or other clubs have higher picks, does not mean that they would pay more than Hawthorn.

This whole thing is funny as it's fake outrage. We didn't just turn a trade on its head, we only did it knowing exactly what was required to get Barrass, and if we didn't agree to the price than we wouldn't have done the trade.

It's pretty clear that the breakdown of the initial trade negotiations was between WC and Richmond.
So I don't necessarily think WC were being difficult to deal with, we have just taken advantage of the demand for pick 14 by getting a bonus second round pick next year.

It was reported yesterday that we offered pick 14 + a future 3rd, as we weren't wanting to give up a future 2nd. By trading pick 14 we now have 2x future 1sts and 2x future 2nds, allowing one of each to be passed onto WC for Barrass.

That Carlton pick swap has allowed us to maintain a pick in each round next year. You will notice MM likes to bring in future picks, allowing more flexibility to future drafting, trading, or potentially trading back into this year's draft if a player they like is still on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way GWS are letting him go and if they did I doubt we are at the front of the queue.

Except that we have already made enquiries.

GWS - at this moment - want to hold him to his contract.

Max is open to coming back to Victoria. More than open TBH.

If he stays this year, I very much doubt he sees it out until 2026.

He won't be expensive.

And Fatty coming puts him behind Cadman, Hogan, Riccardi and Stringer.

Except that we have already made enquiries.

GWS - at this moment - want to hold him to his contract.

Max is open to coming back to Victoria. More than open TBH.

If he stays this year, I very much doubt he sees it out until 2026.

He won't be expensive.

And Fatty coming puts him behind Cadman, Hogan, Riccardi and Stringer.
A lot would have to happen in the next 3 days for that to occur. Sounds about as likely us as landing Marshall/Georgiadis in prior seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back