Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy to be living in a world where Liam Baker is driving a higher price than Bailey Smith or Clayton Oliver according to the esteemed brains trust that is the AFL media.
absolutely nuts

riloi for 6???? dogs rejecting pick 25 for caleb daniel????

lloking like barrass will go for more than smith too......

Dons have them all, Pick 46 was traded in from Crows by Demons for their F3 just earlier too.

Melbourne in:
  • Pick 9
  • Future Third

Essendon in:
  • Future First
  • Picks 28, 40, 46, 54, 65

And people think academies are fair 🤣 Essendon basically get a top 10 talent for free now… LMFAO

Would be a no-brainer for Richmond to take Smith if he ends up going to the draft.

1.They have enough picks in the first round to take the 'risk'.
2.Immediately adds another experienced midfield body alongside Taranto and Hopper.
3. Should have oodles of cap space available.

If it unfolds the way it's rumoured to be and he falls all the way to Geelong with nobody getting in first I'll probably vomit.
If goes into the draft and a team selects him, would he be tied to the club for 3 years and would he also be on the base salary? Anyone know?

Every year teams talk tough, but inevitably the players always get to the destination they have nominated.

If we hold firm, West Coast will accept the generous offer of any of our future 1st & 2nd picks for Barrass.

As for Baz, I do find it funny that Geelong were staunch in forcing Port to add extra late picks last year to get an uncontracted Ratugolea, but are only willing to part with pick 17 for Baz otherwise they are threatening to walk away and take him with that same pick in the national draft.
They don't get enough criticism for their double standards.
"They don't get enough criticism for their double standards."

No truer sentence has been uttered in this trade period.

Are you listening, AFL media?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to be living in a world where Liam Baker is driving a higher price than Bailey Smith or Clayton Oliver according to the esteemed brains trust that is the AFL media.
Correct.

The simple reason lies in the preferred destinations of those players. Two of them are looking to go the darlings of the AFL media.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="derp de derp" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I know we are committed to Barrass but walking away from this deal is equally appealing.

We have seen Dear blossom this year, I would absolutely love to see McCabe grasp the same opportunity.

We can’t rely on that. I just don’t get how a future first and second for a 29 yo isn’t appealing when they should be going all out for Warner with picks next year

We can’t rely on that. I just don’t get how a future first and second for a [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] yo isn’t appealing when they should be going all out for Warner with picks next year

Robot Wtf GIF

That’s the first time I have heard you express reservations about Barrass…………….. NOT

Every recruit and every player can have injuries at anytime.

I’d love to hear your thoughts when we got Silk and I don’t mean hindsight thoughts either.

I checked my post history, annoyingly I was posted more about video games in 2009 than AFL.

If I remember correctly, I was excited to be getting Burgoyne in the trade period. I didn't think that he would play over 200 games of course. You will claim of course that I had the same attitude, but Burgoyne was 3 years younger than Barrass and a better player.

But I will put on the record now.

I think that Barrass will be a good player for us (if he gets here) I just feel that his value has been grossly inflated by the WA media and WC. I would be surprised if he played more than 70 games for us. You can have a look at the Hawks recent trading history on how to move on older players that they feel aren't going to contribute or they wanted to move in a new direction.

A late first round pick should be more than enough, it's a generous offer. As many have pointed out, no player in this age range has ever commanded such a price.

I checked my post history, annoyingly I was posted more about video games in 2009 than AFL.

If I remember correctly, I was excited to be getting Burgoyne in the trade period. I didn't think that he would play over 200 games of course. You will claim of course that I had the same attitude, but Burgoyne was 3 years younger than Barrass and a better player.

I believed the hype, that his knee was too bad and he wouldn't replicate his best. Although he wasn't the same player, he became a different type of beast

I know we are committed to Barrass but walking away from this deal is equally appealing.

We have seen Dear blossom this year, I would absolutely love to see McCabe grasp the same opportunity.
Nah, neither club will let this one fall through. West Coast are rebuilding. They need the picks, not a 29 year old. It's different to where a quality player is leaving a good side for another good side. A deal with one of the F1s and whatever other bits and pieces will get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back