Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there no Hawks depth player the Suns have got their eye on? Surely Noble and Seamus have got a similar skill set with Seamus more speedier.

Generally part of effect of playing finals is our depth players would be targeted. But FFS clubs who missed finals are getting attention.

2 yrs back, we were told that since we were "pushing" players out their values will be lower. No such problem for Tigers or Pies.

Could be more so that hawks players don't want to leave?

Who would want to leave a potential premier next year? I imagine if players like Seamus sit at BH for another year they will look to jump ship (Serong, Finn also come to mind)

Noble was upset on missing the premiership given he was dropped so was always an easy "get" given he is disgruntled. Given GC seem to be the only ones biting it just goes to show where Noble sits in other clubs minds

Mate you have no idea. Sammy made a special trip over to piss in Tom's ear.
Keep up.

Just lol. What caused him to fly over?

Do you think he just flew over and knocked on Barrass' door completely unannounced?

Barrass and his team reached out and it has unfolded from there. Keep up.

Yeah in reality it means very little, he's missed a few games each year, which was probably held against him, and he's simply had a few better players ahead of him - Weitering, Andrews, Taylor, McGovern, Moore (when he was actually good circa 2024).

It doesn't mean he wasn't great too.
May, Aliir, Sicily and Wilkie as well. He’s been good but he’s never had a year where he’s been in the top 3-4 key defenders.

Of those guys (including the ones you listed) only Aliir hasn’t been consistently ahead of him.

His value to us mainly comes from him being a key defender. Not as a superstar of the comp that the eagles will lead you to believe he is.

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with our draft picks? I thought we traded for pick 14 in an effort to get Tom Barrass, but looking at the AFL website they are saying Hawks picks are 33 (tied to Collingwood), 71 (tied to Carlton), and 77 (tied to Sydney). What happened to pick 14? Every year I get totally confused by all this SHIT!!!!!!

He bullied our defence because our midfield folded like a deck of cards,
Barass will be a nice get, but in my opinion our midfield is lacking one more genuine gun.....2 just doesn't cut it with the rest of our competition that are in the zone.
And from memory, weren't we all bemoaning the fact that Sam didn't play Frosty on Hogan but put Weddle on him instead? That's my recollection anyway?

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with our draft picks? I thought we traded for pick 14 in an effort to get Tom Barrass, but looking at the AFL website they are saying Hawks picks are 33 (tied to Collingwood, 71 (tied to Carlton), and 77 (tied to Sydney). What happened to pick 14? Every year I get totally confused by all this SHIT!!!!!!

We traded Pick 14 to Carlton for their Future First and Future Second.

We are now in discussions with West Coast about handing them those picks for Barrass. We want a future third back, but West Coast don't want to give it.

Our remaining picks are 33, 71 and 77.

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with our draft picks? I thought we traded for pick 14 in an effort to get Tom Barrass, but looking at the AFL website they are saying Hawks picks are 33 (tied to Collingwood, 71 (tied to Carlton), and 77 (tied to Sydney). What happened to pick 14? Every year I get totally confused by all this SHIT!!!!!!
?? We didn't trade for pick 14 we had 14 and traded it away to get Carltons 2025 1st and 2nd round picks.

So if ladder positions are the same, next year we would have 10 (carlton), 12, 28(carlton), 30. But 10 could swing up to 1 or down to 18 as with the others based on ours and carlton's ladder positions.

We traded Pick 14 to Carlton for their Future First and Future Second.

We are now in discussions with West Coast about handing them those picks for Barrass. We want a future third back, but West Coast don't want to give it.

Our remaining picks are 33, 71 and 77.
And what does it mean "tied to Collingwood, Carlton and Sydney"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you gotta listen to clowns like Jon Ralph defend em with the oh they don't need picks they need points, just because you don't need them doesn't mean you give em away for free.
If the Suns traded for fair value they would be in the same position as GWS with a never ending plethora of first round picks, they are actually embarrassing.

If Carlton finish bottom next year, the pick they gave us is based on their ladder position for 2025. So if they finish bottom we will have pick 1 if they finish top we will have pick 18.

And this year our pick 33 is the pick Collingwood would have gotten as it was part of the Ginnivan trade. So they have our 2nd pick 36 and we have theirs 33.

At the time of the Ginnivan trade they being raining premiers and us bottom 4 thought they'd win that deal but we ended up getting Ginnivan AND a better pick.

Those are our current selections based on trades we did last year.

We traded our future second and future third to Collingwood for their future second + Ginnivan. That's why it says "linked to Collingwood." Fun fact: that means we upgraded 3 places in the second round.

We also live traded for some future fourths during last year's draft. They are currently linked to Sydney and Carlton's ladder position.

Here is the latest take from The Herald Sun in regards to the mega trade

The key elements of the three-way deal.

• Collingwood will hand over its future first-rounder, Noble and Richards but secure Houston from the Power and also get back a pick in the 50s likely to be taken in the 40s on the night of the national draft.
  • Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder and Houston but secure picks 13, 29, a future third rounder and Richards, with Suns rebounder Rory Atkins a strong chance to also get to the Power.
  • The Power will be able to consider splitting pick 13 with one of the many clubs interested (Sydney is offering picks 19 and 22) so could end up with 19, 22 and 29 for Houston in an elite draft.
  • Gold Coast will hand over picks 13, 29 and Jack Lukosius to the Power but will secure both Port Adelaide and Collingwood’s future first-rounders and Pies defender Noble.

Pies get: Houston
Pies give: F1 & Noble

Port gets: 13, 29, Luko, Atkins
Port gives: Houston, F1

Suns get: F1, F1, Noble
Give: 13, 29, Luko, Atkins

That's the rumoured deal.

That’s not a bad deal all round, the added f1 for the suns makes it pretty decent.

Pies would be stoked, Noble is a depth player and they bring in a gun in his spot for a f1.

That’s not a bad deal all round, the added f1 for the suns makes it pretty decent.

Pies would be stoked, Noble is a depth player and they bring in a gun in his spot for a f1.

That's a terrible deal for the Suns, when you got North offering their future 1st for pick 13 and you instead take the pies because you don't wanna upset them in the Noble talks

You might aswell shut shop

The AFL as an industry cannot handle trade negotiations.

Every club haggles over late picks until one club blinks. It’s like the clubs are scared to make a decision because Ralphy on Foxtel might say they lost the trade 😂

Both Bailey Smith and Tom Barrass have said they want out from their clubs and been offered a pick in the first round of what is being dubbed a “super draft” by the experts.

For goodness sake look after your contracted players and ensure they want to see out their contracts might be a good starting point.

Let's hope the Doggies won't bend over and accept whatever rubbish Geelong will serve up. The entire media is reporting this as " take what you get or lose Smith for nothing" , "nobody will dare touch Smith in the ND". Its time the rest of the AFL wake up and see Geelong for the entitled p****s they project themselves to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back